Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth vs Arlo

DaMasque

Arlo may be similar to the Jordas Golem or even Phorid, he is an infested being that found a problem and evolved to deal with it. There was an effective barricade in place and the infestation was mostly contained barring small outbreaks here and there that never got big enough to overcome and adapt to whatever came to wipe them out. Arlo is either the infestation using a human puppet to get along or it is just the face of a greater creature.

I would like it if they really expanded on the infestation because it is supposed to be an Orokin super weapon after all, it should be on the same level as the Sentients as far as existential threat goes. On the other hand I do quite like the idea of them still trying to get up to that critical mass of inter-connectivity that would make it more like the extreme bio weapon we know it could be.

On 2019-10-03 at 4:55 PM, Cloudyvisage said:

Arlo may be similar to the Jordas Golem or even Phorid, he is an infested being that found a problem and evolved to deal with it. There was an effective barricade in place and the infestation was mostly contained barring small outbreaks here and there that never got big enough to overcome and adapt to whatever came to wipe them out. Arlo is either the infestation using a human puppet to get along or it is just the face of a greater creature.

I would like it if they really expanded on the infestation because it is supposed to be an Orokin super weapon after all, it should be on the same level as the Sentients as far as existential threat goes. On the other hand I do quite like the idea of them still trying to get up to that critical mass of inter-connectivity that would make it more like the extreme bio weapon we know it could be.

At the very least, It now gives a reasonable explanation for why we find Mutualist units and non-Ancient units on Derelicts, which is a shame really, when you think about it. They missed on a great opportunity, going this route.