Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A review of Warframe after 5000 hours.

eXotic

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Valaois said:

Interesting that many of the comments in this thread is just dismissing the OP instead of actually addressing what was said. Imo, this was a fair review, OP stated mostly things he/she disliked, but also gave props when it was due.

I agree.

My experience in Warframe has been similar to OP.

To post in the forums with something other than applause seems to be seen as a fire that needs to be put out. Typical bully tactics are being used in this thread and the rest of the forums addressing the messenger and not the message.  If all DE hears about is good feedback on poor decisions then the game suffers.

The community in a game is obviously very important as it is the thing that opens its wallets to fund the game it plays. A healthy community is happy to spend a bit on the game they love and feel good about it. A toxic community would have to rely more heavily on whales and high prices as wallets are only opened begrudgingly. Go look at Black Desert Online for a prime example. Slimy tactics that introduce new ways to charge the community for something they previously had in synergistic play is moving that community slider and inch into the red. White knights and forum bullies are worse.

Digital Extremes would be wise to discourage white knighting forum hit squads and start paying attention to what they can of the less vocal majority.

• Like 3

We are in the good old days of World of Warcraft forums where the players that HAVE ENJOYED the game for thousands of hours and finished everything come out to say the game is bad.

YOUR experience DOES NOT compare to mine, nor anybody else.

"I don't recommend the game in it's current state." Do you think we are here to read a steam review?

You are not objective like many others that just don't seem to remember why they have played for so long and enjoyed the game. I am not saying your feelings are not genuine but you are part of very tiny fraction of the player base and your opinion is more biased because of this.

Why can't people move on?

1 minute ago, elmetnuter said:

We are in the good old days of World of Warcraft forums where the players that HAVE ENJOYED the game for thousands of hours and finished everything come out to say the game is bad.

"I don't recommend the game in it's current state." Do you think we are here to read a steam review?

You are not objective like many others that just don't seem to remember why they have played for so long and enjoyed the game. I am not saying your feelings are not genuine but you are part of very tiny fraction of the player base and your opinion is more biased because of this.

1st We all experience things in different ways,

2nd, this was originally my steam review but i decided to follow up on the forums as well,

3rd, no written article/review containing personal beliefs/feelings can be considered objective, i never said this review was objective, i clearly remember why i have played this game for so long and i can tell you, without a burden on my heart that it was and 100% still is because of the community and my clan. I am part of an ever growing dissatisfied and concerned part of the playerbase, open your eyes 🙂

Lastly, we can't move on because we fundementally still love the game and its community but are concerned about the direction it is going in!

• Like 3

i really only agree with the gameplay portion, and to the extent that this game has effectively gone from a co-op shooter to a single player map sweeper. enemy difficulty is more or less non-existant outside niche modes (eidolons have something a gearing and skill wall), team cohesion just flat out is no longer a thing in fact anti team synergy has become more of a thing with frames like Saryn/Nidus/Harrow whose abilities work somewhat counter to a multiplayer environment at times. Even without those hiccups the pacing of the game is so fast at this point there isn't room in missions for more than a single competent player per session without the gameplay devolving to a one man carry dynamic where you chase after the strongest player (everything will die to them before you can even target them) or otherwise are placed in outright competition with you and that player just to get in on the combat in most instances, which says much about the state of this games balance.  

the community has gotten worse over the years, augmented by the devolution of cooperative play, but it's still fairly decent imo, especially against other f2p titles. region chat is a hot mess because its a region chat, you can't pile that many anonymous entities into a chat bubble and expect easy going civil conversation, i sympathize with those who have to manage it. 

warframe is still a solid game no doubt, but it feels worse off than it was in the past, and all for what seems like sheer hesitance from the devs to just stand up to the community whenever anything is expressed vocally. rationale or not. everything is just reactionary design. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Valaois said:

Interesting that many of the comments in this thread is just dismissing the OP instead of actually addressing what was said. Imo, this was a fair review, OP stated mostly things he/she disliked, but also gave props when it was due

Thank you 🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

i really only agree with the gameplay portion, and to the extent that this game has effectively gone from a co-op shooter to a single player map sweeper. enemy difficulty is more or less non-existant outside niche modes (eidolons have something a gearing and skill wall), team cohesion just flat out is no longer a thing in fact anti team synergy has become more of a thing with frames like Saryn/Nidus/Harrow whose abilities work somewhat counter to a multiplayer environment at times. Even without those hiccups the pacing of the game is so fast at this point there isn't room in missions for more than a single competent player per session without the gameplay devolving to a one man carry dynamic where you chase after the strongest player (everything will die to them before you can even target them) or otherwise are placed in outright competition with you and that player just to get in on the combat in most instances, which says much about the state of this games balance.  

the community has gotten worse over the years, augmented by the devolution of cooperative play, but it's still fairly decent imo, especially against other f2p titles. region chat is a hot mess because its a region chat, you can't pile that many anonymous entities into a chat bubble and expect easy going civil conversation, i sympathize with those who have to manage it. 

warframe is still a solid game no doubt, but it feels worse off than it was in the past, and all for what seems like sheer hesitance from the devs to just stand up to the community whenever anything is expressed vocally. rationale or not. everything is just reactionary design. 

I totally agree with your views on the game and i also agree that the devs should be more vocal with their community, thanks for the different perspective! 🙂

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, elmetnuter said:

Its funny that wow is brought up because, while i do not have the hours the OP does, and im not 100% burned out yet (getting there), the similarities between wow and warframe are getting eerily similar.  A beloved developer house blowing their goodwill on a lack of updates and constant timeline pushbacks.  A hands off of balancing the game that leads to soul crushing metas.  Veterans leaving the game in droves because catering to the new players and the ultracasuals is all that matters..  Youre kinda right, it is like the wow forums!  All thats missing is a sortie version of LFR and weekly loot chests.  

I myself would rather go full wow for this game and pay a sub if it meant consistent, regular content updates, not unlike wow patches. 

I see this game as being the very best, and very worst, of f2p gaming.  For a f2p game its really well done, looks pretty, and initially a ton of things for a new player to do.  But like most f2p games, it also runs out of content after a while, and the developers are more interested in pushing skins, cosmetics and new characters than actual content that advances the story or provides new challenges.  How can people be surprised the vets are getting burned out and leaving?  

• Like 1

S#&$ man... This post cannot be more accurate. @eXotic respect to you willingly getting your ass roasted alive, you are brutally honest with positive and negative statements.

The people that read that review (EVEN THE POSITIVE STATEMENTS) in my personally opinion have not experienced the game as much as they should have and are falling directly into that new-player wallet need by the company.

Edited by Midas
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Valaois said:

You're right that this isn't steam, and I'm not new, but when I got back into Warframe a few months ago I checked the forums to get a general idea of what people thought of it at the time. There could be others doing the same. Instead of calling the thread pointless, if you feel differently than OP why not state your opinions instead of trying to fuel a fire?

Nah. I don't have to fuel a fire. It will just fuel it self. I can already see how after 5 pages the thread just gets closed because the conversation didn't stay constructive.

Also current state of the game is not much. In few months the game can change a lot. Railjack and  Duviri are both updates that will bring in completely new elements to the gameplay.

And also saying after 2000 hours that the game (which is free to play btw) is not worth it, is like going into a restaurant eating everything you ordered and then say the restaurant was complete garbage because you didn't like the decoration.

• Like 1

A wild Toxic Ancient appears!

On a more serious note, all of that criticism is entirely warranted and 100% valid. But! It's all criticism from the point of view of a veteran of six years. A new player won't encounter/notice/care about almost any of that stuff, to them the game will be amazing and beautiful and rich in content. Over time I realized these things aren't really flaws or deficiencies, they're simply a result of the game overstaying its welcome. Every entertainment product under the sun has only so much entertainment value to offer, and it's usually very clear when that is exhausted; a book is only so many pages long, a movie lasts only so many minutes, etc. But with open-ended games like Warframe that can be played indefinitely, no such end point exists. If you don't realize that you've had all the fun the game has to offer, you're going to end up playing it until you're sick to your stomach of it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Nah. I don't have to fuel a fire. It will just fuel it self. I can already see how after 5 pages the thread just gets closed because the conversation didn't stay constructive.

Also current state of the game is not much. In few months the game can change a lot. Railjack and  Duviri are both updates that will bring in completely new elements to the gameplay.

And also saying after 2000 hours that the game (which is free to play btw) is not worth it, is like going into a restaurant eating everything you ordered and then say the restaurant was complete garbage because you didn't like the decoration.

If you see a fire here then that's because people are going after the OP instead of addressing the issues brought up. It's entirely possible to enjoy parts of a game and despise another. I absolutely hate that craft times are so long in Warframe, but I still think the gameplay is solid. I wish there was more of a challenge without having to stay hours in a mission, but I still enjoy testing out new gear. 2000 hours doesn't mean all of it was bliss.

Edited by (PS4)Valaois
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

man the first 2 pages of this comment thread was hard to read because of how quickly the white knights jumped on to the forum

They're out in force as usual yep.

59 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

/yawn

Warframe bingo anyone?

Because a good deal of what the OP posted is hyperbole. 

The bottom line is if the issues the game does have bother you that much, maybe it's time to move on. I don't really care what the OP thinks about it. It doesn't affect me one way or the other and nothing I'll say will change his mind. He's already fixated on the negative. 

About all you can say is if he really does have 5K hours in the game, well, he's won. Congrats. 

Just to clarify, are you saying the OP is boring, exaggerated, focused on the negative, should quit playing the game, is not worthy of debate, you don't care, and it doesn't affect you in any way?

I don't see you addressing the content of the post here.. just a bunch of generalities. It's a common theme and it's unfortunate.

@Senedar 

It's a forum. Everyone is entitled to a few things here, but not everyone is entitled to censorship.

DE needs feedback. I think this thread is working as intended.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

If I couldn't recommend a game to someone there's no way I'd play for six years and thousands of hours.  This is more like a list of personal complaints listed as a review.  The loud vocal minority?  Welcome to video games and life in general.

i mean live service games change over time, the experience for those six years played isn't guaranteed to be the same experience that would shared now. just use wow as a prime example, many people would (and with the advent of classic wow do) play the game as it was years and years ago but wouldn't even give a chance to the present iteration after years and years of augmentations and design shifts because through that it was made into and wholly different experience unlike what it was in the past. something being worthwhile at one point doesn't mean it'll be there forever, and in the point of this thread that's sort of the op's statement/point of concern, that the game is dipping into direction that makes it no longer as satisfying as it once was. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Except it's not. First thing you point out is the community. Which is not even part of the game.

0/10

Would not read user's "review" again.

Social interaction is not part of the game? I've never seen any professional review of warframe without mentioning community. 

• Like 2

As someone who’s been with this game for years now, most of what OP said is accurate, not all of it, but most of it. Which is really unfortunate to say the least.

After some time of playing the game you start to realize the many downsides of the game and DE’s practices. Whether it be not having endgame, no scaling rewards or even them not listening to community feedback and the list goes on and on. Don’t get me wrong, I still love this game and the developers that make it, but it’s incredibly frustrating and saddening to see DE lose so much in-touch with their player base over the years.

• Like 2

Really enjoy a fresh review that isn't just applauding Warframe.

Lore-Wise, I am not a fan of Warframe's Story, I mean I don't really find any character interesting enough,  I mean for me Brawlhalla has better lore, and they don't even try that hard, not that DE tries that hard or anything, but that is my personal point of view.

Gameplay-Wise I would say it is really fun, maybe except for Conclave and Archwing, but we don't talk about that, also for all the people that talks about how Warframe is a Power-Fantasy game, when did DE ever said that? ,seriously, you are just putting words on DE's mouth, if that was the case why are there  Eidolons?(not that they are hard, but hey at least DE tried to not make it so you can one-shoot them).

There are tons of sinergies it is just that the Community in general doesn't think outside the box, it is too lazy to figure out what works with what, they just copy a "Build" that they watched on a YouTube video and that is it, the case of nerfing the farming method was really f@cked up, I see your point there, but that wasn't and isn't the only sinergy in the game, also this game doesn't need any Sinergy to work properly or be rewarded, it is too easy that nobody really need it (but I still think that nerfing a 5/4 years old technique was a low blow.

Also I think you missed the topic of how the New Player Experience sucks, but sadly it's the best experience in this game (how is that even possible?), it doesn't explain anything properly(nobody can tell me with a straight face that they have learned anything in the actual gameplay, not looking at the wiki) I hope they really can fix it with the new trailer, but come on it's DE who we are talking about so... yeah.

Also the extreme casualization of the game in the past 3 years, Just making the game easier and easier, it's a killer blow for me.

But probably the biggest issue is that Warframe doesn't respect your time, all the drop rates and chances are a joke ( for example: getting a drop for Harrow, Nidus, Equinox, Condition Overload, etc) and the longer you play the less exciting it is to play.

Seriously why would you play this game after finishing the star-chart? There is nothing else for you.

As I have been playing other games, I have found tons of people that have stopped playing Warframe, they all say practically the same thing, that Warframe is just "grind to grind more", and the sad part is that they aren't wrong.

A message to @eXotic, hope DE really sees this but we all know that right now they are "too busy", so yeah...

If Wyrmius is the hardest thing in Warframe then you know something is not ok.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, eXotic said:

Original review posted on steam.

-----------------------------
*A VETERAN'S OF ALMOST 6 YEARS POINT OF VIEW*

When i first wrote this review, i was in love with the game, it felt refreshing and nothing like anything I've played before i couldn't recommend this game more if i could, sadly, this has changed.

At this point in time, i cannot recommend you to play this game.. here's why;

;TLDR;
-----------------------------------------
The game in it's current state is extremely bad, with a shallow surface level amazing community plagued with a toxic white knighting extremely vocal minority.
The story is stretched thinly over 100's of hours of grind with gameplay on par of a AAA title plagued with bad game design, willfully ignorant devs (to the people with the most knowladge)
and a looming increase in Microtransactions with every new update (but the updates keep getting pushed back / delayed or even totally forgotten and unreleased)

You might hear raving reviews about this game from so many people, but they're all surface level reviews..
You might hear how the community, game-play and story is amazing, but is it really?

Community;
- Most people you meet in your missions won't speak to you, we mostly just keep to ourselves, even when somebody does communicate it's mostly just telling you how you're doing stuff wrong and how to play the game by their opinion, you will never be good enough.
- Region chat is pure cancer, filled with elitist, tyrant mods that censor almost any negative/critical opinion about them or the game,
the players are no exception to this.
- Trade chat has been ruined by the Riven market (mods that are basically steroids for your weapons, these mods can go to upwards of 20.000 platinum - warframe's in-game currency (4.300 platinum is 45 Euros with a 75% Off)).
- The forums are a dumpster fire of censorship and hate, most valid criticism can get your post removed and get you muted for hate speech but not before DE (Digital extremes, The developer) white knight fan boys come to attack you and tell you to quit the game because you're trash just spreading hate..
- The good thing about this is that these people are in the minority, sadly this minority is the most vocal part of the community.

Story;
For what it's worth, the story is quite good, for a new player you have 3 main storyline quests that answer quite a lot about the universe, but what's the point if the story is spread so thinly throughout the game that i can take you around 100 or more hours to complete it, these 3 quests got released in the span of 4 years, with the first quest being released in 2015, DE's release plans are the worst i've seen from any developer, they show you teasers, promise you the update's are coming soon only for the update to be inevitably DElayed 3 times taking some updates to be released for upwards of 1 year or more.
All the ''DElayed'' ''SoonTM'' and ''Content-Drought'' memes are 1010% warranted.

Game-play;
The game makes you feel like a god, you kill hundreds of enemies in a single 5 minute mission barely breaking a sweat, the game is set to easy mode, you have approx. 270 mission nodes across the game with, what? 10 primary mission types?
Let's see;
- Survival,
- Defense / mobile defense,
- Capture, 
- Assasination,
- exterminate,
- Sabotage, 
- Spy
- excavation,
- Rescue,
- and the newly added defection

Yeah, 270 nodes split between 10 mission types, the highest you will go on the star-chart (Mission progression map, sort of) is level 40,
''Endgame'' missions are 60-100 that are called Sorties and arbitrations, killing enemies is extremely easy up to level 100, this is where DE's poor game design comes in to play;

The enemy scaling.. is so ridiculously broken, that a lvl 120 enemy can kill you in one hit but has 1 million ehp (depending on faction), this is so fundementally broken, that people who manage to get to 12h in survival with enemies level 2362 (enemy level scales with time spent in endless missions like survival/defense) get banned by the developer for cheating..

THE DEVELOPERS DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY THEIR OWN GAME, 
they don't play test anything, they don't realize how mod synergies work, how % damage scales, nothing, the community play tests their game after the updates, we find the exploits and we get punished for it if we use them.

if we're on the topic of synergies,
You'd think that in a co-op game with around 40 different frames, 100's of weapons, companions, gear, sentinels, we could synergies our abilities together with other people, right?

Well, you're wrong, DE willfully removes ability synergies that reduce grind and increase efficiency of gameplay after people get accustomed to these methods, under the guise that it is not intended, they've done this so many times that it's not even funny.

Here's a recent example; they removed a farming tactic to gather resources and mods at an efficient rate under the impression that it was a fix after YEARS of the method being known in the game, a few weeks later, they add MICROTRANSACTIONS in to the game that are locked behind a 200$ (or 45$ if you only buy the accesories) prime access..
The developer has stated that they will add multiple ways of getting(purchasing) these boosters later down the line, but this game is getting increasingly PayToWin/Progress nevertheless

This game ignores the constructive criticism and wellbeing of their long term players to depend on the shock and awe of newcomers with wallets.

And did you need 5000 hours to fully understand that?

I agree with the part about the balancing but speaking about P2W in a game with practically only a PvE section has no sense at all.

This game is still in beta with too many bugs to be sold at full price.

The balancing is just ridicoulos and they don't want to fix anything because their main income arrives from people without any skill spending thousand of dollars just to press a button to kill something.

I haven't seen any game in my life where you need to hit yourself like a sadomasochist to gains buffs, or press a button and kill everything or other players abilities preventing you to make something. Obviously it's fun and the nerf will come after 5 years when maybe there will be other  better frames (or maybe no game at all)...

The bug or the feedback sections on the forum are a scam, they don't read anything there, it's a waste of time, DE reads only reddit and their big partners. It would be nice to know if your bug has been inserted in the pile or if your feedback will be considered, but no....

The only big update has been Eidolons, after that  only an escalation of redundant recycled stupid missions and boss to farm even more useless weapons only good for  Master fodder.

Everyone is eagerly awaiting the big next update, hoping it will worth it.

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 1

vor 16 Stunden schrieb eXotic:

Original review posted on steam.

-----------------------------
*A VETERAN'S OF ALMOST 6 YEARS POINT OF VIEW*

When i first wrote this review, i was in love with the game, it felt refreshing and nothing like anything I've played before i couldn't recommend this game more if i could, sadly, this has changed.

At this point in time, i cannot recommend you to play this game.. here's why;

;TLDR;
-----------------------------------------
The game in it's current state is extremely bad, with a shallow surface level amazing community plagued with a toxic white knighting extremely vocal minority.
The story is stretched thinly over 100's of hours of grind with gameplay on par of a AAA title plagued with bad game design, willfully ignorant devs (to the people with the most knowladge)
and a looming increase in Microtransactions with every new update (but the updates keep getting pushed back / delayed or even totally forgotten and unreleased)

You might hear raving reviews about this game from so many people, but they're all surface level reviews..
You might hear how the community, game-play and story is amazing, but is it really?

Community;
- Most people you meet in your missions won't speak to you, we mostly just keep to ourselves, even when somebody does communicate it's mostly just telling you how you're doing stuff wrong and how to play the game by their opinion, you will never be good enough.
- Region chat is pure cancer, filled with elitist, tyrant mods that censor almost any negative/critical opinion about them or the game,
- Trade chat has been ruined by the Riven market (mods that are basically steroids for your weapons, these mods can go to upwards of 20.000 platinum - warframe's in-game currency (4.300 platinum is 45 Euros with a 75% Off)).
- The forums are a dumpster fire of censorship and hate, most valid criticism can get your post removed and get you muted for hate speech but not before DE (Digital extremes, The developer) white knight fan boys come to attack you and tell you to quit the game because you're trash just spreading hate..
- The good thing about this is that these people are in the minority, sadly this minority is the most vocal part of the community.

Story;
For what it's worth, the story is quite good, for a new player you have 3 main storyline quests that answer quite a lot about the universe, but what's the point if the story is spread so thinly throughout the game that i can take you around 100 or more hours to complete it, these 3 quests got released in the span of 4 years, with the first quest being released in 2015, DE's release plans are the worst i've seen from any developer, they show you teasers, promise you the update's are coming soon only for the update to be inevitably DElayed 3 times taking some updates to be released for upwards of 1 year or more.
All the ''DElayed'' ''SoonTM'' and ''Content-Drought'' memes are 1010% warranted.

Game-play;
The game makes you feel like a god, you kill hundreds of enemies in a single 5 minute mission barely breaking a sweat, the game is set to easy mode, you have approx. 270 mission nodes across the game with, what? 10 primary mission types?
Let's see;
- Survival,
- Capture, 
- Assasination,
- exterminate,
- Sabotage, 
- Spy
- excavation,
- Rescue,

Yeah, 270 nodes split between 10 mission types, the highest you will go on the star-chart (Mission progression map, sort of) is level 40,
''Endgame'' missions are 60-100 that are called Sorties and arbitrations, killing enemies is extremely easy up to level 100, this is where DE's poor game design comes in to play;

The enemy scaling.. is so ridiculously broken, that a lvl 120 enemy can kill you in one hit but has 1 million ehp (depending on faction), this is so fundementally broken, that people who manage to get to 12h in survival with enemies level 2362 (enemy level scales with time spent in endless missions like survival/defense) get banned by the developer for cheating..

THE DEVELOPERS DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY THEIR OWN GAME, 
they don't play test anything, they don't realize how mod synergies work, how % damage scales, nothing, the community play tests their game after the updates, we find the exploits and we get punished for it if we use them.

if we're on the topic of synergies,
You'd think that in a co-op game with around 40 different frames, 100's of weapons, companions, gear, sentinels, we could synergies our abilities together with other people, right?

Well, you're wrong, DE willfully removes ability synergies that reduce grind and increase efficiency of gameplay after people get accustomed to these methods, under the guise that it is not intended, they've done this so many times that it's not even funny.

Here's a recent example; they removed a farming tactic to gather resources and mods at an efficient rate under the impression that it was a fix after YEARS of the method being known in the game, a few weeks later, they add MICROTRANSACTIONS in to the game that are locked behind a 200$ (or 45$ if you only buy the accesories) prime access..
The developer has stated that they will add multiple ways of getting(purchasing) these boosters later down the line, but this game is getting increasingly PayToWin/Progress nevertheless

This game ignores the constructive criticism and wellbeing of their long term players to depend on the shock and awe of newcomers with wallets.

I have only 2k hours but did my fair share of written and recorded guides over the past 3 years. Hope that also counts as vet. 

I see similar issues I have come to a different conclusion:

Warframe is an assortment of horde mode mini games glued together by the need to farm the next thing similar to Diablo 3. There is a large variety of different game modes, tilesets and enemy types on over 200 nods that keeps the game fresh for hundreds of hours. There 40+ warframes with 2-3 valid builds each to choose from and there is fast paced parkour to make farming for the next thing entertaining. Apart from a tiny subset of missions there is no mandatory meta weapon or meta warframe. 

The story is forgettable and I tend to ignore it just like Destiny 2. Those few hours of story missions pale in comparison to the hundreds or thousands of hours I spend farming. I do not expect a looter shooter to have an epic story. I am totally fine that youtuber cut those together for lore-lovers or that I can get a decent comic. 

The first 10-20 hours can be pretty much played without the need to buy any platinum. After that a small purchase of platinum to buy slots is an acceptable barrier because at that point you have a decend understand what you get yourself into. You can play casually or invest lots of time without being penalized too much. Having to buy the occasional 3 day booster as a casual player is something I expect and accept. I get a free thing every day for logging in, I get a free thing every dev stream, I get at least one  free thing on every event and I get can interesting free things from doing dailies/weeklies. 

The devs dont play their game is correct but I does not influence my gaming expereince. If the devs listen to the community or not is something I cannot prove. They have stats that I do not have and those stats will influence their development decisions. 

The community in the game (not talking about the forums) is still very good. You can do your own thing and zone out while playing with others. The seemless and fast grouping of 4 tenno squads is something I appreciate. I have seen my fair share of other much slower grouping or need of 3rd party sites to really love that aspect of warframe. You can ask high MR players in mission and they mostly provide helpful answers. If you are a social creature you can join an active clan and have people to talk to. There is a huge pool of written or video guides that help you along. 

The end game issue is also a very personal thing. I am satisfied with arbitrations, sorties and the occasional 90 minutes mot survival. I can spend endless hours decorating my orbiter, my pets, my frames, my weapons and my dojo. 

After every break I take there is something new around the corner. Sometimes a game mode, sometime a new mod or aura that changes previous game play habits. 

I would recommend  Warframe to friends that enjoy loot and shoot for 100-300 hours on a tight budget. After that they are responsible to find something in the game that keeps them going longer. I always found something but that is just me.

Edited by k05h
  • Like 1

same here 5000 hours in...5000 hours of pure grind... ehem work of course:: almost choked, thought the word grind sounded familiar elsewhere.. couldve swore something popped up in the mind😣 hmm o well probably come to later *sips tea👌🐣👀... hey a reminder there was this game called warframe that havent played in years recommend it to anyone looking for something new to play just dont get too hooked because it can be addicting especially to some at times yeah they just cant get enough..fiends:satisfied:

Edited by (XB1)tealfigment

On 2019-09-28 at 5:23 PM, eXotic said:

Community;

- I don't agree a little with one, trash talk or good talk happens. I tried a few times to talk with people that slow the mission down, like a khora that ult but doesn't whip on arbitration ("if you don't whip, don't ult plz") on defense, or frost or limbos on <20 defense missions, but now a days, I just leave after I see how it is gonna be. The guy want to play Inaros on Excavation arb, just leave the queue, like some say "if you don't like, leave". I start the mission, but pause till someone get in. Problem that I get with this it is that there are actually people that see you leave the queue and they keep queues till they get you, there are actually some times that I leave queue, wait a minute or two to let that Inaros, Rhino or Wukong get in Exxcavation in another group and when I queue again, the guy get in queue again, it seems so much on purpose, then I wait a few more minutes, and here comes the guy again.

- Give examples of what type of elitist happen on region chat.

- Abused riven market with botters and now, has DE dev tools for it too. I also think there are some people that know how to duplicade mods (so rivens), there are some fish stuff that I see when looking for rivens. DE probably know that riven market is horrible, but they get a lot of income from it, so probably nothing is going to be done about.

On 2019-09-28 at 5:23 PM, eXotic said:

Game-play;
Let's see;
- Survival,
- Capture, 
- Assasination,
- exterminate,
- Sabotage, 
- Spy
- excavation,
- Rescue,

KKKKKKKKKK, how do you even recommend Warframe to someone, "Yo, there is this game, the mobility fews good, there are such a variaty of weapons and chars with abilities that you can play, the animition is fluid", and what's the obective, "well, you kill, get or deffend something, that is it", and what's is the end game, "well, there is actually none, maybe some day, well, if you think killing the same enemies, but higher lvl is end game, then there is one", and how is the gameplay, "hum, it is usually just face roll since  the game is just most a stat check then skill check or you can usually cheese to get stuff done like camping, and most people get carried out by others on high level stuff, but they dunno, like desruption in arbitration".

18 hours ago, eXotic said:

Wow nice misrepresentation there...
The only microtransactions that ascend close to 200$ are the Prime accesses, that they release regularly ever few months as most veterans would know. And none of those have anything to do with the nerf to how farm skills stack.

16 hours ago, Midas said:

S#&amp;&#036; man... This post cannot be more accurate. @eXotic respect to you willingly getting your ass roasted alive, you are brutally honest with positive and negative statements.

The people that read that review (EVEN THE POSITIVE STATEMENTS) in my personally opinion have not experienced the game as much as they should have and are falling directly into that new-player wallet need by the company.

Thanks 🙂

It's well worth seeing 6 roast posts then finding one good comment that is either constructively critical to my commentary and gives off its own views/experiences or just someone that sees the OP for what it is and gives encouragement, i appreciate it!

16 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

A wild Toxic Ancient appears!

On a more serious note, all of that criticism is entirely warranted and 100% valid. But! It's all criticism from the point of view of a veteran of six years. A new player won't encounter/notice/care about almost any of that stuff, to them the game will be amazing and beautiful and rich in content. Over time I realized these things aren't really flaws or deficiencies, they're simply a result of the game overstaying its welcome. Every entertainment product under the sun has only so much entertainment value to offer, and it's usually very clear when that is exhausted; a book is only so many pages long, a movie lasts only so many minutes, etc. But with open-ended games like Warframe that can be played indefinitely, no such end point exists. If you don't realize that you've had all the fun the game has to offer, you're going to end up playing it until you're sick to your stomach of it.

This is entirely true, and i will do my best to add a more transparent point of view for newcomers! thank you 🙂

9 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

As someone who’s been with this game for years now, most of what OP said is accurate, not all of it, but most of it. Which is really unfortunate to say the least.

After some time of playing the game you start to realize the many downsides of the game and DE’s practices. Whether it be not having endgame, no scaling rewards or even them not listening to community feedback and the list goes on and on. Don’t get me wrong, I still love this game and the developers that make it, but it’s incredibly frustrating and saddening to see DE lose so much in-touch with their player base over the years.

Thanks for the different perspective, if you don't mind, could you tell me which parts you feel are inaccurate so i can have another view on it and possibly correct it? 😄

6 hours ago, bibmobello said:

Everyone is eagerly awaiting the big next update, hoping it will worth it.

The beta excuse afaik is only so they can keep changing the game as they see fit,

Hopefully the 'feedback scam' is not an actual thing, it would be worrysome if this were true but i'd like to believe it isn't 🙂

I as well am quite excited to see what the two big uppdates will be due this year (hopefully ;))

1 hour ago, ReaverKane said:

Wow nice misrepresentation there...
The only microtransactions that ascend close to 200$ are the Prime accesses, that they release regularly ever few months as most veterans would know. And none of those have anything to do with the nerf to how farm skills stack.

https://www.warframe.com/news/atlas-prime-access-coming-soon

- BONUS: 7-Day Mod Drop Chance Booster

• Like 1