DeeDeetheSpy

Suggestion: Bake in Bite and Maul

Space on companions is so darn tight and it's hard to do a build with out bite and maul and have an effective pet. Perhaps have something that makes it just stats increase as the pet level.

• Upvote 1

I'm not 100% sure, but I remember devs mentionning pet weapons being moddable separately like sentinel to solve this problem.

• Woah 1

3 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I remember devs mentionning pet weapons being moddable separately like sentinel to solve this problem.

If they do this, fantastic.

27 minutes ago, DeeDeetheSpy said:

If they do this, fantastic.

Agreed, Animal companions were well-overdue for a mod bench for the offensive precepts/damage mods/etc. Honestly between all the pets, beast pets are the only ones who have a slightly-below average decent damage pool for things, robotic ones own guns are complete garbage for being useful at all in general gameplay. Though i believe pets in general need to get big crit/status bases to compensate for them having a rather limited arrangement on what they can do. Its not like we are switching between stone/iron/mythril/bramble/etc. kind of claws with different kind of stat modifiers for them to balance things out.

I mean a great deal of pets have only like 3% status chance so even if we got the room to put stuff like flame gland, frost jaws, venom teeth, shock collar, etc. on they would still be rather limited on what would become a limited pool for the claws/fangs weapon slot, which makes me wish they give animal/robotic companions extremely unique gimmick mods which will give them a dual elemental with one mod on top of a special modifier that gives 100% status proc by default for special effects, like trapping enemies in web traps, shock traps, blinding them, etc.

Edited by Avienas

They are def looking into it, but knowing DE it'll take years before they make an actual change to this... In the meantime making Maul and Bite built-in would be great.

• Upvote 1