Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pathocyst, a change from the power creep

(XBOX)Phantom Clip

So far I'm using Status duration + gas + Saryn toxic lash +contagion cloud. Also Nidus + larva.

I noticed that the maggots spawn with toxic dot. They just keep coming out. Then I added status duration mod and status duration riven.  Now a whole lot of them spawn like an army. They are very nice crowd control. Funny to see them jumping on everyone.

Not practical because you want your melee to destroy enemies as fast as possible especially when everything else fails. Maybe not use for hours of endurance... But if you proc a heavy unit and don't kill it right away, the maggots put on a show.

They also spawn when you throw low or detonate at distance. No need to hit anything.  So you could just keep throwing to see them spawn in good amounts.

I know, low attack speed but it's not slow when you are duel wielding with a pistol. It's regular glaive speed. There are much better options for damage or crowd control. This is just about the weapons special effects if you are into it. 

Doesn't look like the maggots scale with mods. If they did and as we all would love to have that too, even their nibbling and little explosion at the end could proc status, which makes Condition Overload even more potent with the Patholyst hit & explode combo as with most Glaives (except the Orvius).

5 hours ago, Diavoros said:

Same as wolf sledge, they aren't meant to be top tier weapons + with your frame abilities several other weapons will perform much better with gas shenanigans.

Yes I agree. It's the same as Tatsu. Slap on gas and go crazy. Same as every single weapon in the game...

In the case of Pathocyst, toxic dot is NEEDED in order to spawn the extra maggots. Gas procs toxin...

4 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

So, Nidus, Hemlinth charger with the Strain set and Pathocyst to flood the map with Maggots? Gotta try that out.

Yep. Im glad guy see why I also use Nidus.😉😚😘

1 hour ago, Duality52 said:

Doesn't look like the maggots scale with mods. If they did and as we all would love to have that too, even their nibbling and little explosion at the end could proc status, which makes Condition Overload even more potent with the Patholyst hit & explode combo as with most Glaives (except the Orvius).

No they don't scale. Don't proc status. Even at low levels the deal almost no damage. It just that thier explosions look like fireworks when there are many of them holding on to enemies.

5 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

So, Nidus, Hemlinth charger with the Strain set and Pathocyst to flood the map with Maggots? Gotta try that out.

Based off of my own testing, IIRC, the Strain set does not work on the maggots proc'd from the melee weapon.

It should work though, I wish it did. 😛

22 hours ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

No they don't scale. Don't proc status. Even at low levels the deal almost no damage. It just that thier explosions look like fireworks when there are many of them holding on to enemies.

Well I did say "if they scale", in fact I feel like they should scale with mods. That will make them more than just distractions, but extra procs to add on. It would be funny if the Toxin procs from them could spawn in more Maggots as a result.

Edited by Duality52

18 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

Well I did say "if they scale", in fact I think feel like they should scale with mods. That will make them more than just distractions, but extra procs to add on. It would be funny if the Toxin procs from them could spawn in more Maggots as a result.

Oh I get it . Tho I believe you're using the word "scale" in the wrong fashion. Scale meaning to gain an equal increasing amount. They would have to get the effect of a mod in order to scale from it.

I think you are meaning if the maggots  could "benefit" from or "gain" effect of status inflicting mods or other mods.

Yeah that would be nice

I think base damage mods have an effect.  Not sure. Maybe check in simulacrum?

Edited by (XB1)Phantom Clip

17 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

So, does this mean when Vay Hek says his Ghouls are having MAGGOTS, he is calling us butlers and we should serve them a buffet?

8 hours ago, Eidolor said:

I feel like the maggots dmg should use mods too, strain consume would be amazing

I agree. Tatsu throws orbs. Wolf sledge cab be thrown.  If maggots could gain significant damage or even proc status, pathocyst would be my new favorite. 

Edited by (XB1)Phantom Clip
  • Like 2