The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Referral Program Misuse - Discussion

Ced23Ric

Making a mod exclusive to the recruit system means that players who are collectors will ofcourse try to 'circumvent' the system to get the exclusive mod.If you see the first post regarding the issue:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113048-is-this-the-grand-referral-system-vision-de/#entry1310499

An administrator merely stated:

The rules state that each new friend must play 10 unique missions for you to to be considered referred.

I can see the effort in which you went through to make those 15 accounts, but in order to get your mod you have to play 10 unique missions on each of those accounts.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113048-is-this-the-grand-referral-system-vision-de/?p=1310597

But did not advocate it until much later.I don't believe they will ban any accounts that have done circumvention UNTIL NOW.

If players continue to do it, then fair game and bans won't be challenged IN MY OPINION

Edited by DrugsForChildren

I don't even see how this is an appropriate example to this situation. The Braton Vandal was a reward for beta and server stress testing. Exclusive beta rewards is something that every game in this market has. You don't get a beta reward if you weren't in the beta, simple as that.

Referral programs are an entirely different kind of cookie.

agreed on all accounts.

Maybe DE should think things through for a while before rushing things in. Just let it sit for a while, because it's quite clear that they are just throwing things at us and see how it works out.

Making something exclusive, and complaining when people do whatever it takes to achieve it?

I think I'll withhold my opinion on this one because it could only get me banned.

THINK for once DE, don't just DO.

A bit different when you're exploiting gameplay mechanics to move a little faster and abusing a system to get a reward you didn't earn.

Exploits are exploits, you can't pick and choose. evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928

I agree with you, the issue is that this system sucks and people don't want it to suck.

Fixed for you.

That is literally impossible to do.

No crap. How about this? Actually make it so that it's not stupid. Don't put exclusive rewards behind it.

Edited by FatalX7

Don't put exclusive rewards behind it.

Has it been confirmed as exclusive?

Two of the mods have been confirmed as drops according to wiki.

my god...

you really do defend DE on everything dont you?

on topic:

if people take a risk and cheat even though they say they might ban you for doing it, you deserve whatever you get.

that said, the referral system is broken and stupid.

What does my reply have to do with defending DE?

So Children are you saying and i read the quote there by Megan that its ok as long as you play 10 missions

but i saw another post that said "You are at risk of a ban" by Megan again

i dont even....

Her ban warning came after that post.  The free-fire zone is still in effect.

so how is this going to work

people who play WF in the same house (like me and my brother) would get doomed

what if my brother made 7-10 accounts already and played with them gets IP ban

im going to be banned for no reason , what if its a house with 5 gamers and this happens

But its okay if i make 15+ Mail accounts and give those accounts to some friends who play those accounts for 10 missions just so i can get the mods i want, after that they will never play those accounts

thats okay?...isnt it the same?

But its okay if i make 15+ Mail accounts and give those accounts to some friends who play those accounts for 10 missions just so i can get the mods i want, after that they will never play those accounts

thats okay?...isnt it the same?

quote myself

But what of doing that

isnt it the same as doing the mission urself?

Has it been confirmed as exclusive?

Two of the mods have been confirmed as drops according to wiki.

As far as I know Firestorm is currently exclusive to the RaF program.

What does my reply have to do with defending DE?

Likely the vehemently defending DE part.

As for the OP, try not to freak out too much. If your friends used the RaF program before Megan's warning, they likely won't get retroactively banned. If they do, they could always try and petition support to get the ban reversed, especially seeing as Megan posted a response earlier today (before the warning/DE's stance on the exploit was released) instructing someone how to get the rewards from their alt accounts. If they exploited it after the warning, well... founder or not they risk getting done for exploiting it. Best to err on the side of caution and avoid fiddling with dummy accounts either way.

Edited by Wriith

Yes ^

But some players never read forums

they probably made the 25 account and already did what they needed to do and got themselves all the rewards

then one day they will get banned, and will come to forums to see and ask why just to find out there was a warning that after it any player was at risk of a ban 

but it will be their first time reading that warning.......so uh....well lets see what happens

Mod reward could have been a random booster pack like from the market if they needed mods there, but whatever. Never going to use the referral system, as I've already blown my load and not going to pester my non-gamer friends.

Just cant waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait for more social media tie-ins being the only route to get one of a kind items.

As far as I know Firestorm is currently exclusive to the RaF program.

Well, given that all other "exclusive" mods done through promotions have ended up in game.................................................

This is highly unlikely.

Likely the vehemently defending DE part.

I wasnt. I was replying to a post saying that a system should not be created that makes people cheat. And replied saying that such thing is not possible. The concept of making a system that doesnt make people want to cheat is not unique to DE. You simply are turning a general statement into something else for whatever reason you came up with.

Well, given that all other "exclusive" mods done through promotions have ended up in game.................................................

This is highly unlikely.

INB4 you remember primed chamber and ammo mutation. (unless you're not referring to events... What other promos have there been? The packs where you buy X plat, and get mods? The mods were in already, then got added to the packs I think.)