The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Referral Program Misuse - Discussion

Ced23Ric

An organozed boycott will not happen. You cannot reach the majority of players which are not on the forums. The communication channels are DE controlled. Nothing you can do there.

We can only repeat, emphasize and highlight things until either DE changes their current course that runs detached from the playerbase or leave.

An organozed boycott will not happen. You cannot reach the majority of players which are not on the forums. The communication channels are DE controlled. Nothing you can do there.

We can only repeat, emphasize and highlight things until either DE changes their current course that runs detached from the playerbase or leave.

Is the message really going to get through though?

They made that apology recently, and I think it's safe to say that the forum community thought DE were changing their ways, but as it stands, if this continues, it feels like the apology was more to just cover their tracks and keep us occupied.

It's almost like a Religion from a Marxist point of view.

Well, to be honest i was myself caught by surprise on this one. I am interested in the mods, but do not think it is possible for me to invite even 3 more friends, let alone 25. Hell, i don't even think i can invite 3 friends and have all three stay for more than 10 unique missions.

Only way i can see this working is if i spam invites and referals all around facebook, twitter, et al, left and right. Something which i abhor (wouldn't do to others what i wouldn't like to be done to myself). Therefore indeed i thought about trying to find a workaround since nowhere (either on the announcement or the EULA) was it announced that making secondary accounts to achieve that goal was against the rules. 

In hindsight, sure it might look like it, but that being allowed is not without ample precedent both in the P2P and F2P categories.

I'll take DE's side on this though at the risk of being pitchforked. The game is growing, referal or not, and the game still has its fair share of problems (which, by comparasion with other games that have been out there far longer is somewhat small) so naturally there's a lot of pressure to fix things for all the players, old and specially new. And game devs make mistakes under pressure.

So i'll bring this out once more. I've played EVE online for over 8 years, and nobody will need to go further than page 1 in google to find dirt on it's developers history. Doesn't mean they didn't had the best intentions both for the game and for the players, and i'm willing to bet that also on page 1 people will find that the same developers were quite capable of winning back hearts after admitting their mistakes and improving the game even more.

So far DE has shown that it's also capable of both making mistakes and recognizing them. It's also capable of making amends and improving the game way past what it was before the storm. 

But i wont cast judgement on them. In my own opinion, a referal program is a good idea, however the way it was implemented was serioulsy rushed and not well thought at all. Seeing how they couldn't foresee that the players would game the system is enough proof, and threatening people with a ban if they do it is even worse.

I'll wait and see what they will do about it, and i'm quite sure that they will turn around and correct this proper.

The problem is that they keep making very similar mistakes. They are not learning and simply do the rinse and repeat technique hoping they can get by with a little more each time.

Discuss.

Postive:

You may have known me for raging over things but I don't see the point in raging about the referral system. Atleast there's one to incentive users to invite their friends. Wouldn't it be worse if there weren't one and that the mods didn't exist in the first place?

Maybe I'm a little mad about them not putting the slots for mastery rank yet but this isn't that outrageous judging by previous bad things DE made. Now seeing the forums spammed with those equivalent to the U10 is impressing because U10 was technically the worse update ever.

Negative:

If I'd have a suggestion, I'd say allow us to refer someone that already has a old account. If you're a little more greedy than that, then you can put it so you can only refer someone at the moment that you purchase platinum.

Sure, maybe they get that range mod for Ogris and Ignis, sure I want it but I wouldn't cheat for that. I'll probably recruit my friends into Warframe and ask them to do 10 missions or I technically am no longer his friend. /sarcasm.

I'd probably need 100 friends to find atleast 10 ready to grind a bit in Warframe. The game isn't ready for the referral program due to grind.

Make it not grindy for starters and maybe people would actually benefit from the referral program.

Clean up the forums? More like put everyone raging in a corner that DE can easily look past.

I have merged these topics so we can have a better summation of the feedback.

Having multiple threads everywhere on this same issue will not help solve the issue or move forward.

Some veteran's here have already tried the method of making multiple accounts and playing them for the missions.

A thread was locked earlier, stating that making multiple accounts for the referral program can be subject to a ban.

I started (completed one mission) already. Now I'm paranoid about getting banned. I guess as long as I don't continue I should be okay, right? Right?

I have merged these topics so we can have a better summation of the feedback.

Having multiple threads everywhere on this same issue will not help solve the issue or move forward.

Kinda true, but you have to agree that making that mods only achievable through the referral system is kinda lame.

Do De intend to create another form to get them?

Is the message really going to get through though?

They made that apology recently, and I think it's safe to say that the forum community thought DE were changing their ways, but as it stands, if this continues, it feels like the apology was more to just cover their tracks and keep us occupied.

doubtful.

i would hope that the mods and what not would point out that we are kinda mad about the situation, but i wont hold my breath (no offense to mods).

also:

that apology is nothing more than DE trying to placate and distract people from a real issue.

they appeased some mad people, and moved on.

Edited by alchemistjkt

Clean up the forums? More like put everyone raging in a corner that DE can easily look past.

As a Mod, I would have done the same. Do not mistake a clerical action for a political one. You have the right to be mad and mistrusting towards DE, but do so for the right reasons. See the fault where it lies, don't seek it where it doesn't. Merging these threads has nothing to do with their context.

As a Mod, I would have done the same. Do not mistake a clerical action for a political one. You have the right to be mad and mistrusting towards DE, but do so for the right reasons. See the fault where it lies, don't seek it where it doesn't. Merging these threads has nothing to do with their context.

Agreed.

that apology is nothing more than DE trying to placate and distract people from a real issue.

they appeased some mad people, and moved on.

Two responses to this:

1. For the most part, it worked for a vast majority of the low post count forumers, who more than likely came on only to complain.

2. They would have gotten away with too, if it weren't for you meddling kids, and your stupid dog!