The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Referral Program Misuse - Discussion

Ced23Ric

What is the point?

I explained my view... what does it have to do with DE?

I dont feel like doing this now and if i dont have this mod nothing will actually happen so i dont care.

That's all there is to it.

If the mod is irrelevant why does anyone care?

It's like no one here ever lived in the real world.

Some times you cant get something because there is a hurdle. OK that sucks, move on.

Ok. Now imagine the game is a few months where everything ingame is behind a craftable key that either takes a day or 100 plat. Thats just a hurdle right? Or how about where all clan tech weapons are cash only. Or how about every frame is a weekend exclusive?

And your real world argument is invalid. Do you somehow think that I change how I think simply because its the internet.

We are taking everything that is being said into consideration.

The referral program will stay how it is, but feedback for us moving forward is appreciated.

Are there different programs you wish us to implement?

What are your feelings towards exclusive mods? etc.

exclusive mods are bad. if there's a timely offer on pure cosmetic stuff, that's ok but giving out mods for a certain event or time period that alter your gameplay (give more power etc) and are never ever accessible again is bad design.

If you think i am missing the point why wouldn't you explain it to me?

What's the point of telling some one they are missing the point and not go on to explain it?

It sets a principle if left unchecked. The mods this time around may not be appealing to everyone, especially yourself. However, if everyone just shrugs it off as "oh well, the mods aren't great. Don't care", then who knows what they may attempt to put behind a wall next. Might be a game breaking gun, might be a game breaking mod. We don't know, but what we do know is that if this is left to continue on how it is, it WILL happen, and eventually something will be added to a pay or referral wall that you'll be offended about as well. It cannot be left to continue how it is, because it's basic human nature to exploit something that works.

Just look at Nexon and their cash shops.

Jesus christ.. those cash shops.

I personally am all for exclusive content WHEN AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE (ie, events. Everyone has the chance to get it). Putting it behind the referral wall, as already mentioned, is not ok. There is no working for it, like in an event. There is no in game prerequisite to get it. It's just something extra and unnecessary outside of game

You clearly haven't read the entire thread so I'll say this again.

The referral system rewards player for inviting other players, however, it shows no recognition for people who have already done so without the system.

What the mods do is of no importance, the fact is, content lies behind this wall in which you need 25 players using your referral link to do 10 missions, 99.999999999% of this community does not have that many friends left to invite as they already have invited them.

Please use at least a little common sense here instead of saying worthless crap such as the 'content is crap, it doesn't matter etc.' Because we both know you'd be annoyed to all hell if the braton, grakata, ignis and aklato were behind this wall, even if they are equally worthless.

Correct, and?

DE, never stated that every promotion they go will be able to be acquired by every single player in the game.

An easy example are the weekends event where some folks are not be able to attend.

They can only cover so many people..... what is the problem with that?

How come you folks cannot accept the fact that there is something that is not easily reachable?

Did you get to go out with every girl that you wanted?

Come, on, man ..... we are adults here, right?

Let's stop acting like children.

So you cant get a mod.... sucks but is it absolutely needed? No. Ok moving on.

If you really want this why dont you just go on and promote the game in other boards or have a stream and get people from the stream to play?

Is it really impossible to get 15 people into the game outside of what you currently got in game?

how about just having a system where it can detect the same IP address with the different accounts?

.........................................................................................................................

I can get around that. And you are missing the entire point please go read.

Everyone, get back on topic, the last thing this thread needs is an excuse to be locked, this is a serious matter and if somebody can't follow the thread leave them behind.

They don't need a reason, DEMegan clearly said referall system won't change at all, this might as well be in offtopic for all intents and purposes. And there will be a lot of fanfare when those mods are added to nightmare pool with %0.5 chance of being rewarded. By the time we will have moved on to discussing yet another hamfisted "program" being implemented.

Correct, and?

DE, never stated that every promotion they go will be able to be acquired by every single player in the game.

An easy example are the weekends event where some folks are not be able to attend.

They can only cover so many people..... what is the problem with that?

How come you folks cannot accept the fact that there is something that is not easily reachable?

Did you get to go out with every girl that you wanted?

Come, on, man ..... we are adults here, right?

Let's stop acting like children.

So you cant get a mod.... sucks but is it absolutely needed? No. Ok moving on.

If you really want this why dont you just go on and promote the game in other boards or have a stream and get people from the stream to play?

Is it really impossible to get 15 people into the game outside of what you currently got in game?

It's simply leading to bad game design, putting things as exclusives that would take ages to get. This time it's not for money, it's to reel in new players to further bloat the playerbase. What were they thinking, "oh we have a few million players let's just make them each invite 25 people for their prize. As long as we aren't charging money, the game is still considered Free-to-Play, right?"

What are your thoughts on the referral system? What would you do to improve it? Do you think it is fine or do you see issues?

/discuss

What my thought? Remove it entirely.

I don't know who's idea it is to make this "referral system" with "exclusive award" like this.

I mean. ANYONE sane enough in the team should've see this coming.

IF the reward is something achievable in-game, NO ONE WOULD BOTHER TO CHEAT.

This way, those who just in for the reward won't bother to make alts, and play normally.

Those who are honestly want to help will get the reward that everyone can achieve as well, BUT in much easier way.

THAT'S WIN-WIN SITUATION.

Also, Megan is so agressive today..

Should I be scared?

Yes i would, yeah somethings are wrong with the game and is good complaining about them in order to DE to solve them but the community in general is making such a big issue about it. In only started using the forums recently and im really surprised that people acted like that.

how about just having a system where it can detect the same IP address with the different accounts?

please. i was running 7 accounts on single table  on poker tournament.

this "same ip" problem will rise only to dumb users. normal user will launch application through different ips or virtual oses.

proxy, vpns etc.

Edited by Althix