Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Hildryn is kinda messed up

ZectorV1

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngI realize this has been made slightly easier, still really messed up

TLDR because someone is already confused; You can farm Hildryn just fine, until you need to farm a bounty that doesnt unlock until you're maxed ranked in solaris united for the ability to be able to get her BP. I'm locked out of that BP for literal weeks now due to daily standing cap. Bad design choice at best, cruel at worst. All around messed up. 

Edit of Edit just to make sure everyone gets my point here since it's getting lost. Issue specifically is that capping out on daily standing takes 10 minutes, and forces you into a 24 hour time gate. I'll have a LOT more gates to go through before i can reach the end goal here. This isn't a gameplay gate of any kind, or a grind gate. It's not progression. It's a "play for ten minutes and wait or pay for the frame". I just think this was handled extremely poorly. Never got around to actually seeing how bad it was until now. Only statement im trying to make is that it shouldn't take you a month to grind something out of pure time gates for a new player. Keep in mind this isn't tied to actual gameplay, just arbitrary timers. I am not a new player, so i thankfully don't have to wait that long, nor am i lacking in resources to instantly fulfill my daily requirements (ignore the credits, buying baro decos). I don't think new players should be handed everything (i'd like something special once in awhile), but that amount of time per hours played is just ludicrous.

Edited by Mr.Pyrite
Someone confused by pictures
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mr.Pyrite said:

until you need to farm a bounty that doesnt unlock until you're maxed ranked in solaris united for the ability to be able to get her BP

No, you have this wrong.

OK so there's two syndicates in Fortuna: workshop floor, and backroom rebellion

You only need to be max rank with workshop floor to farm gyromag and atmo systems, NOT with backroom rebellion

21 minutes ago, Mr.Pyrite said:

You can farm Hildryn just fine, until you need to farm a bounty that doesnt unlock until you're maxed ranked in solaris united for the ability to be able to get her BP.

21 minutes ago, Mr.Pyrite said:

unknown.png

It literally reads "Requires Agent" and you're one rank away from it.

Edited by NekroArts

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

No, you have this wrong.

OK so there's two syndicates in Fortuna: workshop floor, and backroom rebellion

You only need to be max rank with workshop floor to farm gyromag and atmo systems, NOT with backroom rebellion

That's what im talking about. 

Then I suppose getting any of the frames in the late planets, or require you to do a quest that requires the late planets unlocked is kinda messed up too.

I guess getting Garuda is kinda messed up too since she needs you to be certian rank with SU to grab the BPs to craft the gems or force you to trade.

Also Volt, Nezha, Banshee and Wukong, since they force you to be in a clan.

Or having to farm Rathuum points to get Saryn.

Or having to farm Ambulas codes to get Trinity.

... its just progression, dude.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

its unfortunate i guess but after 6 years you kinda gotta move on, they cant forever make content available for new players. its something to work towards.

I'm not at all new, played this game since it dropped. I just never really grinded out fortuna before. Im not really trying to accomplish anything here, i just think it's really stupid to have weeks worth of time gating. That's a little extreme 

I feel like the mindset intended here is that you're supposed to max out your standing caps then do something else. New players have plenty of other things to do, and vets who have exhausted every single other thing except Fortuna, well that's just on them.

The standing cap is pretty awful no doubt, you're encouraged to max out weapons and raise your mastery to have a higher cap, but even high MR caps don't give you a huge amount to work with if you're power farming. It's an arbitrary timer because if it wasn't there, people would max out everything within just a couple days. People will exhaust content as quickly as the game will let them. So the game forces them to pace it out. For better or worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zandermanith222 said:

I feel like the mindset intended here is that you're supposed to max out your standing caps then do something else. New players have plenty of other things to do, and vets who have exhausted every single other thing except Fortuna, well that's just on them.

The standing cap is pretty awful no doubt, you're encouraged to max out weapons and raise your mastery to have a higher cap, but even high MR caps don't give you a huge amount to work with if you're power farming. It's an arbitrary timer because if it wasn't there, people would max out everything within just a couple days. People will exhaust content as quickly as the game will let them. So the game forces them to pace it out. For better or worse.

This is the general thing i was trying to get across. I'm very much in that boat of "i've done everything". I dont think this in a vacuum would be quite so bad, but it reflects the issues the game has in a lot of other areas that other people have pointed out far more intelligently than i could. I'm not even upset about this really, as i'll just log in and out and wait. But it is kinda stupid

For a max rank player, it takes about a week to smash through a syndicate from 0. A lot of people did it when Fortuna released, and could just get Hildryn when they got the components. The requirements weren't designed to be a 'from scratch' goal, they were set up long after Fortuna itself came out.

39 minutes ago, Mr.Pyrite said:

This is the general thing i was trying to get across. I'm very much in that boat of "i've done everything". I dont think this in a vacuum would be quite so bad, but it reflects the issues the game has in a lot of other areas that other people have pointed out far more intelligently than i could. I'm not even upset about this really, as i'll just log in and out and wait. But it is kinda stupid

Having a Syndicate with rewards for playing them in stupid... alright. I will say again:

Its progression. People actually need incentive to play things these days. And having a Warframe gated behind a Syndicate is that.

The fact that you just do the "Log in and get out" only makes one wonder if you wouldnt be doing the same thing if you had Hildryn.

Edited by Kaotyke
  • Like 1

Assuming that you don't have much else to complete or earn in game the issue specifically is that you aren't new.

That ten minutes it's taking you to cap for the day can be just that, ten minutes of progress. Followed by going back into whatever progressions you also have. Where if you're in the group that already had most everything else or put this off till last you now have all your remaining progress roadblocked by the time gate.

Also the time gates exist for both groups for another meta reason: to prevent people from finishing the content within one or a few days either through grind or exploits. It's probably not the best solution but it is a successful one. If we didn't have them at all then people would have finished Fortuna and Vox Solaris within days of their release and cried content drought.

Edited by trst
  • Like 1

vor 24 Minuten schrieb trst:

Also the time gates exist for both groups for another meta reason: to prevent people from finishing the content within one or a few days either through grind or exploits. It's probably not the best solution but it is a successful one. If we didn't have them at all then people would have finished Fortuna and Vox Solaris within days of their release and cried content drought.

That's fine for when it releases but almost a year afterwards the standing caps should get less restrictive. Otherwise catching up as a returning player becomes mega tedious.

3 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

That's fine for when it releases but almost a year afterwards the standing caps should get less restrictive. Otherwise catching up as a returning player becomes mega tedious.

A returning player would either still be in the exact same situations. If they were coming back with everything prior already done it doesn't justify them clearing the content within days for the exact same reasons. While if they were gone long enough they would likely have multiple things to work on anyways.

Plus if it did get less restrictive over time then people would complain that grinding isn't worth the effort until your cap is increased and act like it's yet another time gate.

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb trst:

A returning player would either still be in the exact same situations. If they were coming back with everything prior already done it doesn't justify them clearing the content within days for the exact same reasons. While if they were gone long enough they would likely have multiple things to work on anyways.

Plus if it did get less restrictive over time then people would complain that grinding isn't worth the effort until your cap is increased and act like it's yet another time gate.

For a returning player this wouldnt be the only thing to do, unlike when fortuna just released. If you took a break before fortuna you' not only have Solaris united standing. You'd have thermia, 3 new primes, 2 new star chart bosses, 4 new frames, a ton of new weapons and catching up on the current nightwave. The way it is right now you have too much locked behind max rank SU for it to take you depending on your MR from weeks up to more than a month. I see time and time again from people that it's just too tedious.

And for your second part: honestly screw people complaining for the sole reason that it cant get better for other people. That's the reason hema farm is still the absolute worst. I'm not asking for the cap increased a week after launch but half a year later would be a good spot. I agree that it serves a purpose right after launch but we arent right after fortuna launch anymore.

Suck it up and wait bro, nothing else to do. Would you be playing the game if everything was a single day of grind away from unlocking ? Would you give the slightest fack about hildryn if you didn't have to work to get her ?

Satisfaction is obtained through time, investment, patience and efforts. Every single WF player, that is hooked onto the game, is because of this love/frustration relationship in one way or another. Only so many are asking for faster craft time, more generous drop rate, more XP, more standing cap, but here's the thing :

Making anything easier that way (when it's not already unloosable at base) just kills the game. I was super happy from getting my wukong prime right away from access, but that died down every time I found one of his piece, because I knew that this was that much excitment that I shot in the foot by prematurely buying.

And making stuff easier basically does the same thing, you quickly loose all reason to push forward, since you could get everything without any effort.

So yeah op, be patient, you'll be happy later on that the game did not let you complete it as fast as a call of duty campaign.