Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr.Pyrite

Getting Hildryn is kinda messed up

5 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Contradiction, you ARE doing something for those "two weeks". You dont do a single thing and then stays twinddling your tumbs for two weeks straight (Hyperbole).

You are: playing missions, doing tasks to increase your rank, you are getting your ass into the game to do something for your damn objective.

My point:

Still stands.

Oh I see.

So I apparently am not allowed to get Hildryn and then play missions and do objectives.

All those activities are only available to me while I wait for the timegate to let me get more standing and progress.

Your point never stood. Waiting doesn't bring any worth to the game, it's just supposed to frustrate the player.

10 minutes ago, VentiGlondi said:

Oh I see.

So I apparently am not allowed to get Hildryn and then play missions and do objectives.

All those activities are only available to me while I wait for the timegate to let me get more standing and progress.

Your point never stood. Waiting doesn't bring any worth to the game, it's just supposed to frustrate the player.

You are the one who started about time gating.

Nothing on the post you first quoted had mentioned about time gates.

Then I suppose getting any of the frames in the late planets, or require you to do a quest that requires the late planets unlocked is kinda messed up too.

I guess getting Garuda is kinda messed up too since she needs you to be certian rank with SU to grab the BPs to craft the gems or force you to trade.

Also Volt, Nezha, Banshee and Wukong, since they force you to be in a clan.

Or having to farm Rathuum points to get Saryn.

Or having to farm Ambulas codes to get Trinity.

... its just progression, dude.

But I decided to humor you in the following answers.

If getting Hildryn is the only reason why you do those missions instead of doing it because you enjoy it, then I dont see the point of getting the Warframe in the first place if you dont enjoy playing in the first place.

I'm telling you how things are and why. I'm not telling anything about "This is good, this is bad".

But you taking this as a pretty personal thing.

Stop putting words in my keyboard.

12 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

This seems like a really bad change DE must have made at some point. When the backroom rebellion room was first put in the game, you couldn't go back there AT ALL (and thus couldn't talk to Little Duck) until you were max rank with the workfloor

So now that they've removed that restriction, yes, I sort of agree with OP's notion that it's "messed up". Content you aren't able to obtain yet is nonetheless visible in a way it really shouldn't be

I think you where always able to get into the back room even when Fortuna first launched, you just needed to get to trusted. Which if memory serves is like two or three levels in. Then you could start working on Vox but you get blocked on that until you're rated as Kin(? maybe I'm thinking Osteron standing?) or whatever the max rank is on Fortuna. 

38 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Nothing on the post you first quoted had mentioned about time gates.

This entire flipping thread is about timegates. Of course I'm going to talk about timegates.

38 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

If getting Hildryn is the only reason why you do those missions instead of doing it because you enjoy it, then I dont see the point of getting the Warframe in the first place if you dont enjoy playing in the first place.

The point is as follows.

I can do fun activities while waiting for the timegate to pass, but I can also do them without the timegate with my new shiny Warframe instead. Making me wait for it brings no value to the gameplay.

And the thing is that timegating doesn't just prevent rushing through content - it also punishes playing slowly. Were you unable to play yesterday? Well though luck, the progress you could have done yesterday isn't coming back. The game enforces a specific pace of progression and goes against any other pace, slower or faster.

I got all Gauss parts in one day. Did burn out? No. Did I drop the game immediately after reaching my goal? No. In fact it made me more excited to play the game as something new. So what's the benefit of making me wait a week for Hildryn? Instead of enjoying the new warframe I might just play a different game while waiting for the standing cap to reset.

Putting a roadblock on player's progress doesn't increase the amount of playtime.

PS: Oh right, and let's not forget that crafting anything is a timegate on its own, so it's basically adding a timegate on top of another timegate.

9 hours ago, VentiGlondi said:

"It's okay for things to be bad because there are other things that are bad"

Waiting for a daily reset is not work.

Waiting is not effort.

Waiting is not progression.

lets be real though if there was no waiting there would be next to nobody playing this. we get 2 hours of story ever 4 months or so as it is

13 hours ago, VentiGlondi said:

This isn't even an argument. You listed two unrelated facts and that's it.

The fact that Fortuna has been out for a while has no impact on the fact that two weeks of waiting is not a reasonable requirement for unlocking a playable character in a video game.

Yeah that's true.  I came back to the game six weeks ago maybe, and I maxed standing a few weeks ago.  Didn't complain about it either. By the way, if you don't like the grind, then buy it from the marketplace.  Problem solved!  

Seriously though, don't see the issue.  Don't do it if you don't want to.  Or buy it.  Or whine like a child.

22 minutes ago, Proslackernifty said:

Yeah that's true.  I came back to the game six weeks ago maybe, and I maxed standing a few weeks ago.  Didn't complain about it either. By the way, if you don't like the grind, then buy it from the marketplace.  Problem solved!  

Seriously though, don't see the issue.  Don't do it if you don't want to.  Or buy it.  Or whine like a child.

If you don't complain about problems nobody will bother to solve them.

Farming vox solaris rep is a major pain.

Honestly it should have worked the same as the quills.  Fight world boss items drop for rep and rank up. A few weeks of killing world bosses and you get your rep and ranks. Done.

Not spend hrs just killing npcs at a high alert level and hope you get toriod drops.  Not everyone has a group to do this.  Bad design.

I font think anyone should be "angry" about this, but I dont want this to be implemented in the future. That's the only reason i made the post. It sucks and shouldn't suck that's all. I'll be through the time gates in about 6 more days.

'Just never worked on fortuna' well there's your problem, fortuna has been out for almost a year and you never bothered to max it?  You say you've played this game from the very beginning, and believe it or not fortuna was new content at one point.  That you simply didn't do for...reasons.  If you're MR 27 it's quite fast to max out fortuna standing or any standing really if you hit daily cap every day, though I doubt you're that MR if you simply decided not to do fortuna I'm betting there's a lot of weapons and frames you haven't leveled to 30 as well.  

Warframe is a game about progression.  We don't get everything instantly, and the people who complain content draught on the forums are the people who have completed every time gated thing they wanted to do whether it's all the prime frames, sentinels, and weapons, just normal weapons and frames, maxing out 3 syndicates, etc. etc. and so quite simply there is nothing left for them to do in game because they completed everything in their 2000 hours of playtime.  

On 2019-09-28 at 11:22 PM, Talinthis said:

its unfortunate i guess but after 6 years you kinda gotta move on, they cant forever make content available for new players. its something to work towards.

Maybe DE ought to work towards making the game suck less.

At least its not super boring like Harrow or Nidus.

Ranking up to Hildryn feels kind of rewarding honestly.