(PSN)haphazardlynamed

a Glitch

a Veiled Companion Riven Mod

cannot be equipped on your companion weapon for unveiling

if you are using Helios with Deconstructor

Glitch:

on PS4

after purchasing a Veiled "Companion Weapon Riven Mod" from Simaris

the description does not change from "weapon" to anything specific like "melee" "rifle" "shotgun"

This causes confusion where players cannot be sure which sentinel weapon to equip the riven onto to enable UnVeiling

My suggestion to DE: since the Veiled riven name is Generic and does not imply any Specific Type, simply allow us to Unveil it using Any sentinel weapon.

Edited by (PS4)haphazardlynamed

19 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

a Glitch

a Veiled Companion Riven Mod

cannot be equipped on your companion weapon for unveiling

if you are using Helios with Deconstructor

Upon purchase, the Riven's name will change and specify a weapon type,
you need to equip the Riven on a Companion weapon of that type to unveil it.

Deconstructor is a Melee weapon, so unless you have a "Companion Melee Riven Mod" there's no bug here.

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Upon purchase, the Riven's name will change and specify a weapon type,
you need to equip the Riven on a Companion weapon of that type to unveil it.

Deconstructor is a Melee weapon, so unless you have a "Companion Melee Riven Mod" there's no bug here.

Wait

are you saying that

"Companion Weapon Riven Mod" only covers the Rifle and Pistol and Shotgun Sentinel weapons

while the Deconstructor specifically, can only unveil from "Companion Melee Riven Mod"?

a different *type* of Veiled Riven?

but in Simaris's Inventory, only "Companion Weapon Riven Mod" is available for sale.

how does anyone ever get a Deconstructor Riven if that's the case?

or is his Inventory list deceptive? with the Purchased item arriving as either 'weapon' or 'melee' in the Veiled Form?

50 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

in Simaris's Inventory, only "Companion Weapon Riven Mod" is available for sale

When you buy it, you get a Riven of a random type.

The name changes to "Companion Rifle / Shotgun / Pistol / Melee Riven Mod" right then and there,
in that screen, and stays that way in the Mod station / Arsenal afterwards until you unveil it.

I currently have a companion riven that can't be equipped on any weapon except deconstructor. My last two, I used Vulcax, and had no issues. One of my clan members has/had one that he couldn't seem to get to work on anything. Not sure if he has all of the weapon types or not. Very frustrating when you have to go through the full arsenal to find a weapon type that can hold a riven that doesn't specifically say that it requires one.

2 hours ago, (PS4)JINXnocturnal said:

I currently have a companion riven that can't be equipped on any weapon except deconstructor. My last two, I used Vulcax, and had no issues. One of my clan members has/had one that he couldn't seem to get to work on anything. Not sure if he has all of the weapon types or not. Very frustrating when you have to go through the full arsenal to find a weapon type that can hold a riven that doesn't specifically say that it requires one.

I knew I wasn't crazy! I could have sworn that despite what the other guy said, mine always only said "Companion Weapon Riven Mod" never anything different like 'shotgun' 'melee' 'rifle'.

Maybe its a Console issue that the Veiled Companion Rivens are Not changing their Type Descriptions?

6 hours ago, (PS4)JINXnocturnal said:

find a weapon type that can hold a riven that doesn't specifically say that it requires one

&

4 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

mine always only said "Companion Weapon Riven Mod" never anything different like 'shotgun' 'melee' 'rifle'

Could you post screenshots (from the post-purchase and Mod station screens) the next time you acquire a Companion Riven?

30 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

&

Could you post screenshots (from the post-purchase and Mod station screens) the next time you acquire a Companion Riven?

At the rate I gain Simaris Standing, that's probably going to be several weeks away...

Hopefully another PS4 User can report their experience?

Hey PS4 guys: next time you buy a "Companion Weapon Riven Mod", from Simaris

before Unveiling it

when you view your Mods screen, does it's name change to anything like 'companion rifle riven mod' 'companion melee riven mod' or 'companion pistol riven mod' ?

or does it simply remain the Ambiguous title of "Companion Weapon Riven Mod"?

4 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

At the rate I gain Simaris Standing, that's probably going to be several weeks away...

Hopefully another PS4 User can report their experience?

Hey PS4 guys: next time you buy a "Companion Weapon Riven Mod", from Simaris

before Unveiling it

when you view your Mods screen, does it's name change to anything like 'companion rifle riven mod' 'companion melee riven mod' or 'companion pistol riven mod' ?

or does it simply remain the Ambiguous title of "Companion Weapon Riven Mod"?

No. Mine states “Companion Weapon Riven Mod” then what I have to do to unveil it. I cannot put it on any sentinel weapon. 

Edit: Reset the game and was able to put it on prisma burst laser. Still says companion weapon riven, and not the type.

sL5qJLP.jpg

Edited by (PS4)corpusbonds

4 hours ago, (PS4)corpusbonds said:

No. Mine states “Companion Weapon Riven Mod” then what I have to do to unveil it. I cannot put it on any sentinel weapon. 

Edit: Reset the game and was able to put it on prisma burst laser. Still says companion weapon riven, and not the type.

Thanks for the confirmation

Yup

looks like this confusion on how to equip Sentinel rivens for unveiling is due to a UI glitch

I'd always assumed that since the riven name didn't indicate a specific weapon Type, that it was a catch-all and should unveil on Any Type.

apparently it does have a Type, we just aren't being shown it.