Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vitus Essence drop chance bugged?

Stormwind81

Question

I did two Arbitration missions today with kavat and all boosters on but in the first mission after 20mins no essence droped and in the second one only at min 25 we had like 4 essence.

Anyone else seeing that?
Reminds me kinda of the dropchance bug with toroids they had a month ago on Fortuna.....

9 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Stormwind81 said:

I did two Arbitration missions today with kavat and all boosters on but in the first mission after 20mins no essence droped and in the second one only at min 25 we had like 4 essence.

Anyone else seeing that?
Reminds me kinda of the dropchance bug with toroids they had a month ago on Fortuna.....

I did too. Yesterday, in one defense mission going to wave 50 I got 126 vitus. After doing 3 arbitrations earlier I got a total of 17 from all 3, and the same went for my squadmates too. I assumed it was just bad rng but the drop rates up until today were consistent. Today was the outlier.

Edited by z3us32610

I did a lot of Survival Arbitrations solo and group over the last few weeks to try and get a feeling for Vitus drops and how they average out for time management purposes.  Solo 1 hour survival was 7-9 vitus, groups always 30-40.  Thats with Booster only no Kavat, with Nekros and scouring the map last one to extract so nothing was missed.  I believe if Vitus drops have drastically dipped out of those ranges RNG was "adjusted".  I could guess the number at the end of the mission without looking it was so consistent.  I will do some this weekend to see whats going on before I jump to conclusions but if its off that really sucks.  Group Arbitrations are one of the few modes that a player can get the most out of reward wise for time spent and for Kuva purchasing.  

*Sample size of around 30 runs total for solo and groups around an hour each + - 10min*

Edited by hendrix923

As far as I know the only two things affecting Vitus drops is the drop booster (doubling the number per drop) and Kavat Charm (occasionally doubling, rarely double-doubling).

Drop Chance booster has no effect, neither has warframe abilities.

However, what affects the number you get is the map and the behaviour of the squad as well as the number of players. Or put another way, the kill rate and spawn rate also affect the number of drops (of course). As do finding the bloody things, since not everyone marks them (or know where they dropped).

Worst case scenario is a squad that spreads out and where one or more players doesn't effectively kill enemies (all the time). Best case scenario is a squad that sticks together on a smaller map and kills enemies like there is no tomorrow. For these reasons I currently prefer defense missions to survivals, the spawn amount per wave is fixed and the maps are usually smaller.

Effectiveness per time is dependent on the Arbitrations cycle of 60 minutes (not mission time), and I generally get more Vitus from doing 60 minutes of defense than from doing 60 minutes of survival. That is if the squad is big enough to spawn the max number of enemies per wave and has enough skills and power to protect the def objective for 60 minutes. For solo play (or PUG squads where you can expect the others to extract earlier) survival is the better option.

Il y a 3 heures, bluejello a dit :

there is a bug where the vitus drops can appear when the drone spawned, not where it died.

Really ? Then all those arbis with no drops that I played recently are affected by this exact bug ? I'll have to check.

it is not bugged , it is on purpose cause i also remember getting so much , and after a certain point i didnt got that much.

before the kuva was in the vitus shop it was all nice i got very much vitus , but than it changed.

i think they changed it on purpose, but the sad part is that i get not that much anymore, like max. 20 vitus per 30 rounds or minutes <-- and this doesnt happen a lot its kinda RARE.

but normaly i get like maximum 6-8  or less. so yes they changed it before the change it was like 30+ vitus for 30 min , rounds etc...

i dont think that this is a bug , and when its random , then is the randomizer broken.

3 games nothing but on 4th is much there ? and you spend like 120mins (2hours) for 30 vitus if lucky... i dont know, it smells fishy for me but i am casual player , some arbitration pro knows maybe better =)

On 2019-10-31 at 5:52 PM, Swamarian said:

I did 2 arbitrations on Sunday, and drops at least equaled the mission rewards. Then I did a 30 minute survival, and only got the 6 from the mission itself. I suspect that it's bugged with some enemies/tilesets.

or as with every other form of RNG in warframe, it's rigged with an algorithm