Jump to content
(XB1)The Neko Otaku

In Theory: the worst type of kuva lich to fight

Recommended Posts

So the the long awaited nemesis system will be here soon (please this year) and from the tennocon demo we got interesting tidbit of info, kuva liches will absorb your warframe power and have abilities based on said power. 

So if they absorb your powers to define what type of enemy they'll be, what's going to be the worst type of kuva lich to face? 

Kuva lich with soundquake, just none stop stun lock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lick with Mesa Peacemaker or Ash Bladestorm, CC ain't that bad if you can get out of it, damage from Peacemaker or Bladestorm will be nigh impossible to get out of once its triggered 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not looking forward to the lich system. It was one of the reasons I did not play War of Mordor. Those who enjoy it, cool.

It's gonna be the same story every time a mode is introduced. Players will try it and say it is too hard or no challenge. Then they will say rewards are not worth it and the levels are too low. Then there is no content since they already did the liches so many times.

The players are the worst combo of lich than anything the game will ever give us.

  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I'm kind of curious about is how it will work against titania razorwing....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something with 99% dmg reduction and 900% dmg boost

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does the lich absorb abilities? Does it also copy weapons? Doesit copy the warframe that is currently equiped when figthing? Mods included for them? RIvens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

The only thing I'm kind of curious about is how it will work against titania razorwing....

The only thing I'm curious about is how they will work exactly

The Lich in the demo was killed by a Volt, but I don't remember if it's only the power we killed it with or the whole set, & if they powers will work exactly like on our frames or will differ in some way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

The only thing I'm curious about is how they will work exactly

The Lich in the demo was killed by a Volt, but I don't remember if it's only the power we killed it with or the whole set, & if they powers will work exactly like on our frames or will differ in some way

demo was just one of it's abilities (1st ability iirc) and a 'helmet' on it's shoulder.  It will likely gain others the more times it's killed...although not sure how it would work if you keep using the same frame all the time....

Edited by LSG501

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It didn't seem like it was necessarily the individual power, perhaps there are categories of powers that they will go towards?

As an example, being killed by an exalted weapon would push them down the route of using void based weaponry personally, forgoing the normal Grineer weaponry. Getting killed by an elementally focused ability will cause it to go down the path of whatever element it was, a Lich killed by Saryn spores would have an incredibly corrosive setup, perhaps vents of corrosive gas all over the ship and the Lich itself would have vents on it constantly outputting corrosive gases damaging and reducing your armor.

It would be interesting if the different Liches actually drop different things so there would become a meta of developing Liches in different directions. Or even ways of powering the Liches up intentionally. There should probably be a way to depower the Liches in case they become too much for newer players, like missions around weakening them.

I would quite like that as it would narrow down the Liches from being unique to EVERY single power, which seems... Extreme, to there still being a large variation of Liches but with less of a monumental focus on variety, hopefully transferring some of that saved effort into making the Liches, their bases and their fights more interesting overall.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in times like this im glad im a zephyr main, cuz i know my warframe has many weaknesses XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I main mirage, so I am not too worried

I can deal a megaton more damage than what I can absorb, so long I shoot first, I will win the fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fully except the "copied" abilities to function more like the conclave version of the ability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Defeat it with an Operator Mote amp.

Edited by Aesthier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't remember how exactly the system works. 

If the kuva lich copies every ability that we use in the fight then Loki's powers would be the most annoying to deal with.

And yeah, Mesa's Peace Maker and Ash's everything would be a nightmare to deal with too.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figure any power that throws your own damage back, like trinitys link, will be a problem, doesn't matter how much damage you can deal when it's all being redirected back in your face

though, I do wonder, if you link to them, and they link to you, who gets the damage?

or how about octavia, what kind of crazy beats will the nemesis have I wonder

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine it wouldn't be a straight up "abilities you killed this Lich with will be copied from you next time you face them". Probably more like, depending on the Warframe that killed them, they'll have a modified moveset based on all of that frame's abilities, not specific abilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cloudyvisage said:

It didn't seem like it was necessarily the individual power, perhaps there are categories of powers that they will go towards?

As an example, being killed by an exalted weapon would push them down the route of using void based weaponry personally, forgoing the normal Grineer weaponry. Getting killed by an elementally focused ability will cause it to go down the path of whatever element it was, a Lich killed by Saryn spores would have an incredibly corrosive setup, perhaps vents of corrosive gas all over the ship and the Lich itself would have vents on it constantly outputting corrosive gases damaging and reducing your armor.

It would be interesting if the different Liches actually drop different things so there would become a meta of developing Liches in different directions. Or even ways of powering the Liches up intentionally. There should probably be a way to depower the Liches in case they become too much for newer players, like missions around weakening them.

I would quite like that as it would narrow down the Liches from being unique to EVERY single power, which seems... Extreme, to there still being a large variation of Liches but with less of a monumental focus on variety, hopefully transferring some of that saved effort into making the Liches, their bases and their fights more interesting overall.

This sounds like the most functional and most enjoyable way to play it out, so I hope you're right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mrrobotto67 said:

I don't have the exact answer but ... what would happen if i kill the enemy with Hysteria?

The Lich would get hysterical every time they see you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We saw from the demo that lichs aren't gonna be getting exact copies of the ability that killed them. The one they fight had been killed by Volt, but was it spamming electricity at you? No, out had developed tech powers in being able to direct ship power into himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I plan on making the most overpowered Kuva Lich imaginable. Kill It with Peacemakers, Bladestorm, Rhino Stomp, Mirages Discoball and every exhaled qeapon I can get my hands on.

I want to make the most impossible boss ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-09-29 at 8:43 PM, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

So the the long awaited nemesis system will be here soon (please this year) and from the tennocon demo we got interesting tidbit of info, kuva liches will absorb your warframe power and have abilities based on said power. 

So if they absorb your powers to define what type of enemy they'll be, what's going to be the worst type of kuva lich to face? 

Kuva lich with soundquake, just none stop stun lock

Basically, any lich with an exalted weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am playing Nyx almost exclusively.  So I don't think you can really mind control a Tenno.  But Psychic bolts could really put a dampner on anyone considdering it strips armor, Auras and Buffs.  

Otherwise absorb would be annoying.

Personally I think id be worried about anything Nidus can dish out.  Or Inaros.  I know this might not be an issue but Id not be keen getting hit with anything sent out by Wisp either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...