Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pathocyst is, by no mean, not a fodder at all.

Lunarez

Edit- This is incorrect math down here. Formula is actually

Blood Rush crit chance = modified base crit chance *(1 + 1.65 + Combo Counter)

I think you're math is off. With Blood Rush equipped and using base crit chance, the crit chance at each multiplier is:

1 - 15%

1.5 - 39.75%

2 - 64.5%

2.5 - 89.25%

3 - 114%

3.5 - 138.75%

So you should be orange critting 38.75% of the time

Edited by z3us32610

20 minutes ago, z3us32610 said:

I think you're math is off. With Blood Rush equipped and using base crit chance, the crit chance at each multiplier is:

1 - 15%

1.5 - 39.75%

2 - 64.5%

2.5 - 89.25%

3 - 114%

3.5 - 138.75%

So you should be orange critting 38.75% of the time

Uh, your math is a bit off after 2.5 combo multiplier.

At 2.5, you got 165% x 2.5 = 412.5% critical chance. So the end critical chance sits at 15 x (1+4.125) = 76.875%.
At 3.0, you got 165% x 3 = 495% critical chance. So the end critical chance sits at 15 x (1+4.95) = 89.25%.

At 3.5, you got 165% x 3.5 = 577.5% critical chance. So the end critical chance sits at 15 x (1+5.775) = 101.625%.

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

It can be used on mid lvl content maybe but for high lvl content It's not a great choice. For me It's gonna be one of those keep it because it came from an event kind of weapons.

I used this on Arbitration survival once. 40 mins in and It shred everything above lvl 110.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Lunarez:

I used this on Arbitration survival once. 40 mins in and It shred everything above lvl 110.

well, to be quite honest...lv 110 is not really impressive. i myself use lv 130s in the simulacrum for basic judgement and comparing weapons/builds...below lv 120 is just too weak to really stand to most weapon builds we have available right now. even lv 130 are a clean 1 shot from some weapons without any innate armor lowering or even removal or any other help.

if u use a combo build then lv 110 is even less relevant.

Not really adding anything with this, but I used to test builds against the highest level sentients I could make and now I use nox, in the simulacrum, 130 crowds of sentients or nox's is normally what I feel like 300+ enemies are like. Very few of my weapons can kill fast enough to not also die against those odds, so, feels about right.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

Do you happen to have a gladiator set mod sitting on anything that you forgot about? From what I've heard, if you have a sentinel equipped and then switch to a pet, you can still get effects from set mods on the sentinel gun that WOULD have been equipped previously.

So your saying the crit chances bonus stays on? Interesting

Edited by kwlingo

4 hours ago, Lunarez said:

It gets innate boost to crit, either it's bugged or it's has a hidden passive.

Statistically it should have about 101.625 critical chance at 3.5 multiplier. But it keep orange criting,to my surprise, nearly all the time.

pathocyst_crit.jpg?raw=1

I assure you compared to power creep monster, this is fodder lol

6 hours ago, Lunarez said:

At 2.5, you got 165% x 2.5 = 412.5% critical chance. So the end critical chance sits at 15 x (1+4.125) = 76.875%.
At 3.0, you got 165% x 3 = 495% critical chance. So the end critical chance sits at 15 x (1+4.95) = 89.25%.

At 3.5, you got 165% x 3.5 = 577.5% critical chance. So the end critical chance sits at 15 x (1+5.775) = 101.625%.

15*1.65=24.75. that's an increase of 24.75% for each combo multiplier.

Unless the formula I've interpreted from the sentence explaining the mod is incorrect

Edit - I guess it was. I just read the wiki and never new the 1.65 modifier was ALSO multiplied by the combo counter. That's a bit counter intuitive coming from a math major. Since I knew there was no bonus when the combo multiplier was 1 and the mod treats it as a combo counter of 0. Anyways, good to know.

Edited by z3us32610

8 hours ago, Lunarez said:

Are you sure you don't have some gladiator mods on your frame, weapon or sentinel weapon?

58 minutes ago, Sannleikur said:

It does however get bonus damage if dual wielding a pistol with it. Enough to kill level 165 corrupted bombards in less than 5 seconds.

Everyone seems to forget about dual wield bonus.

Do you have a good source that shows the jury nitty gritty details of the dual wielding system? I use it a fair amount, but wasn't ever about to find a thorough explanation with numbers and such.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

Do you have a good source that shows the jury nitty gritty details of the dual wielding system? I use it a fair amount, but wasn't ever about to find a thorough explanation with numbers and such.

I don't have a source for the dual wielding bonuses themselves on hand, but this is my source for the pathocyst performing better as a dual wield. I'd start the video at the 5 min mark to get to the relevant stuff.

• Like 2

On 2019-09-30 at 3:33 AM, Sannleikur said:

I don't have a source for the dual wielding bonuses themselves on hand, but this is my source for the pathocyst performing better as a dual wield. I'd start the video at the 5 min mark to get to the relevant stuff.

Ty for clearing up what I was talking about. I didnt even know that there was a dual combo over the melee combo ability. Ive been shreading everything with a Gas/ Condition Overload build and Criting with Gladiator mods on sentinels. 

On 2019-09-30 at 9:17 AM, Sannleikur said:

It does however get bonus damage if dual wielding a pistol with it. Enough to kill level 165 corrupted bombards in less than 5 seconds.

Everyone seems to forget about dual wield bonus.

Indeed. I didn't know about it at all actually.

It really makes the weapon powerful. In melee mode this weapon is the worst but dual wield it and it's one of the best.