Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fun Mobility Based Warframes?

JayJay62

Question

I've played warframe for around 200+ hours, and i STILL haven't found that frame that's right for me, and i've played a lot of frames! Can someone give me some reccomendations on who i should try next? Preferably a High Mobility High Damage Type. (That doesn't press 4 to win. Like Excalibur or Valkyr.)

I've Tried:

Valkyr

Excalibur

Nova

Zephyr

Volt

Ash

Mag

and Rhino. Any Reccomendations Help. Thank You!

16 answers to this question

Excalibur, but with a long-reaching melee weapon and negative STR. Use Slash Dash to get around, use Blind for stealth bonus damage from melee weapons (especially polearms/whips/gunblades/glaives, so you don't get sucked into Finisher attacks on every enemy), and never ever press 3 or 4. You'll also have fantastic CC, which works wonders on large maps.

Also, Wukong.

Edited by SortaRandom

Just now, JayJay62 said:

Nova

Nova didn't work for you?  Did you try with her Wormhole augment?  Pretty surprised Volt wasn't good for you either.

Besides ones that have already been mentioned, Titania might be a good fit for you.

And while not the fastest or highest damage, he is the most handsome and a great listener:  Nezha.

• Like 1

I do like Zephyr for mobility.  If you like Archwing shenanigans then Titania could be an options as she is quite fast and furious.  

Mirage does have a passive where she executes rolls and other actions quicker.  

All of the above frames have mobility based abilities.  

There are other viable options listed.  

Wisp is not a true mobility frame in the classic sense, but her speed mote coupled with her stealth when not on tje ground makes her quite agile.  

Valkyr can yank herself all over the place and Nova can portal.  So its all about what feels good to you.  

Personally im loving the float feeling of Zephyr after I launch myself into the air and launch grenades down using my Tonkor/Toncor.

• Like 1

Gauss is entirely about mobility.

Nezha is fast and offer damage, tankiness and cc. He's pretty straightforward to build too. Overall a fun frame with a lot of good synergy.

Wukong is very mobile and his entire kit is great. He can heal himself with the cloud and move in three dimension.

Titania is supposed to be played entirely for her 4. She's decently powerful and move around easily. She's not that fast but is very mobile nonetheless.

You said you tried Volt and Nova, but I guess you don't have the mods yet to make both of them shine. Nova with augment is pretty fun and Volt built around his 1 and 4 is also great.

Wisp is also a very fun frame overall.

Also don't just limit yourself to frame we recommend. There's a lot of frame I thought wouldn't be fun but I end up having a blast with, like Baruuk, Nyx or Ivara. Or even Banshee despite her squishyness.

Edited by Isokaze_BestKaze
  • Like 1

Nyx has a high base sprint speed.  And while being the best frame in the game (I am biased) she doesnt have any real mobility tricks.  But literally chaosing everything and running past entire rooms of enemies is pretty darned fun for when you need it.

Unidentified Tenno here to reccomend Yareli

very fun frame even if not meta, build her right and you can become immortal, press 3 and watch as everyone walks up to you and dies an agonizing death via blood loss
:)

• Like 1

Zephyr has an omni-directional dash/dive attack, a hover, a defensive wind shield, and 2 different forms of pulling vortexes for crowd control. She's no tank without her aforementioned wind shield, but her Health and Shields are pretty forgiving. Once you actually get Primed Vigor, it's probably the only survival mod you'll need on her unless you're doing shield gate + rolling guard shenanigans.

She also has 2 separate mobility enhancing augment mods. One gives her a speed boost scaling off of Power Strength while her wind shield is active, and the other increases the damage of her dash/dive attack and resets her bullet jump with each use, though the boost resets if she's on the ground for more than a few seconds at a time.

Zephyr's speed is very... punchy, though. Where frames like Nezha and Volt have a consistent movement boost for a respectable duration at their base, Zephyr is more like firing yourself out of a cannon in the direction you're aiming. It'd definitely be less useful if it wasn't also a form of attack.

Titania can be made to outspeed the actual speed frames while also being very hard to damage and dealing a lot of damage herself, but it does rely on her 4, Razorwing, which does put her in her own special Archwing with its own weapons and movement. If you don't like Excalibur's 4 for being too strong, then Titania's 4 being even better might sour it, and if you don't like Archwings, then that'll definitely sour it.

Yareli is another option, but if you don't like K-Drives or don't have a good Secondary weapon then I can't recommend her. Even if you do like K-Drives, it's actually difficult to get through a normal tileset atop her Merulina without constantly running into things. Also her quest is dogsh!t.