Jump to content
(PS4)Swarmtorn

Thoughts on the New War

Recommended Posts

I ask you community.

Do you think the New War is just a new adventure? Or that it will change/affect the whole origin system?

The idea I have is an adventure that is constantly happening. And not like sentient-themed invasions, but battles or events that have a significant impact on some planets/missions.

This because we are supposed to be fighting a whole sentient army. And wars are usually a big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have been fighting a War of Corpus VS Grineer VS Infested VS Tenno for a while now.

The Sentients are just late.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see New War as the second to last section of the beta. It'll be pretty massive and change our view of how powerful we are as frames. 

1) The sentients' two step defense will be interesting considering what DE has learned over time.

2) We have absolutely no idea of the types of new Sentients we'll fight. I truly hope DE keeps quiet about that too. Too many spoilers.

3) Only the Paracesis and two umbra formas exist, limiting our choices of max power weaponry against them. We'll have to get a little creative. 

4) With Duvirir looming too, I don't see us winning this round. I predicting another "second dream" type of incident.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

4) With Duvirir looming too, I don't see us winning this round. I predicting another "second dream" type of incident.

Not sure if this is what you mean but Steve did say TNW would wrap up the current story arch, which is really the only major one we’ve had so far. It looks to me like Duviri is set to begin a new story, one I don’t expect the sentients to play a significant role in. I expect the man in the wall will be the focus there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

3) Only the Paracesis and two umbra formas exist, limiting our choices of max power weaponry against them. We'll have to get a little creative. 

Why do so many people keep forgetting that operator's amps literally remove Sentient's whole gimmick, making every single weapon as good against them as against anything else?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about it?, let's hope it is better than The Sacrifice, not that The Sacrifice was that good or anything.

I don't think is going to matter the way you think, I hope it does, but come on it's DE who we are talking about, so... yeah.

Please don't get your hype up ...

Edited by DOOMPATRIOT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m guessing the New War will be the first part of a new story arc focusing around our head-on conflict with the Sentients. This questline will take a few hours to complete, spread over various missions taking place across the system. Completing it will give us access to a new Sentient faction tileset with the usual assortment of mission nodes we have come to expect. There will be new Sentient-themed weapons to play with, Sentient/New War-themed cosmetics and maybe even a few more mod sets. 

That’s all I’m expecting. Hopefully there are some cool twists/moments in the quest.

Edited by ExcaliburUmbra
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something tells me that the new war will take the invasion missions we have right now and expand on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it'll be broken beyond compare on release, be subject to a ton of daily hotfixes until it's playable, then used as an outlet for releasing more cosmetics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

Not sure if this is what you mean but Steve did say TNW would wrap up the current story arch, which is really the only major one we’ve had so far. It looks to me like Duviri is set to begin a new story, one I don’t expect the sentients to play a significant role in. I expect the man in the wall will be the focus there.

Exactly. I see us losing the war. We've never had to fight an army of sentients and the Tenno aren't very experienced against them. In fact, only Umbra has the experience to handle them...lore wise. 

Gameplay wise, we've only had to fend off about three at a time and they were of only two real types. Remember, the Eidolons are PIECES OF ONE SENTIENT, so the sky's the limit in regards to what other forms they have. 

My guess is similar to yours with the man in the wall but I think he's more sane than let on. While we're freaked out over him, it seems our tenno avatars communicate with him quite well. They know something we don't.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, (PS4)Swarmtorn said:

I ask you community.

Do you think the New War is just a new adventure? Or that it will change/affect the whole origin system?

The idea I have is an adventure that is constantly happening. And not like sentient-themed invasions, but battles or events that have a significant impact on some planets/missions.

This because we are supposed to be fighting a whole sentient army. And wars are usually a big deal.

my thoughts will come when DE releases new year around next year hopefully lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ExcaliburUmbra said:

I’m guessing the New War will be the first part of a new story arc focusing around our head-on conflict with the Sentients. This questline will take a few hours to complete, spread over various missions taking place across the system. Completing it will give us access to a new Sentient faction tileset with the usual assortment of mission nodes we have come to expect. There will be new Sentient-themed weapons to play with, Sentient/New War-themed cosmetics and maybe even a few more mod sets. 

That’s all I’m expecting. Hopefully there are some cool twists/moments in the quest.

I considered that for a sec but now I see it as the new meta. When DE showed a sample of the sentient area, it was massive, extremely massive...railjack use massive. We might be going to the Tao system which may have an entirely new set of maps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they said new war ll be an expansion and not just a new quest.

So outside of the obvisous new enemies, we can expect :

- new tilesets, they already shown one but i dont know if its just quest related or if there ll be missions for it

- expansion/rework of the invasions, It would be weird if we still have to fight in grineer corpus wars when there is sentients invading the systems but at least sentients invasions should be a thing- new weaponry, things like paracesis with sentient bonus and cut down their adaptative resistances

- Maybe Unum ll finally be something

- new mods, umbral mods mostly for sentient bonus or just regular mods for the same purpose, mostly about adaptative resistances

- new kind of augments for weapons/frame, use like a potatoe to get a buff against sentients

- operator expansion/rework, most likely ll be tied to duviri

- new usable damage type, i guess we ll have access to sentient weaponry so tau damage could be a thing

So yeah most of the new things are about how to deal with adaptative resistances or eventualy eidolon shield if they make it more common. They can also be lazy and dont make adaptative resistances very common or just force us to use our operator or paracesis.

The new war ll probably be multi part, we defend the system then strike back in their "home world", i bet duviri ll be our first step to reach it.

 

 

Il y a 5 heures, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 a dit :

Exactly. I see us losing the war. We've never had to fight an army of sentients and the Tenno aren't very experienced against them. In fact, only Umbra has the experience to handle them...lore wise. 

Like Ordis says. Do you remember the old war, operator? The tennos fought them and won. This was the purpose of the warframes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 7 horas, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 dijo:

I see us losing the war. We've never had to fight an army of sentients and the Tenno aren't very experienced against them. In fact, only Umbra has the experience to handle them...lore wise.

Looks like you did not pay attention to the quests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

Remember, the Eidolons are PIECES OF ONE SENTIENT

This exactly though all the sentients we have been dealing with are just fragments. Now correct me if I am wrong but we don't know what the eidolons belonged to but but the other fragments are from hunhow and well he is a "dead" sentient existing as just thought atm. (I won't count him down and out till I see his code fall apart or the teno eat his oro.) And the flydilon is nitah's ancient flesh, so the things we have been fighting  are just the relics of a time forgotten. Out dated fossils that are in now way a representation of the sentient as they are now. (Even ordis said that the mimics are old and that's buy his standards.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (PS4)cazazombies245 said:

Looks like you did not pay attention to the quests.

I did. They fought that war centuries ago and forgot about the war and the sentients. Lotus has to explain to us how the sentients adapt. Umbra,on the other hand, has developed stronger fighting abilities against them, as a warframe. Our knowledge of old returns but they had centuries to grow and develop while we slept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have very few expectaions for it. Make no mistake, I'm excited, but given how little we know, and my experiences failing to predict the Sacrifice I don't want to make any assumptions except some pretty base-level ones.

The only things I'm expecting are: Temporary truce between the Grineer/Corpus/Tenno war.

Visiting OV as well as PoE - that much just makes sense, especially since it already has plenty of good battle locals and some sentient influence - plus there's a giant Orokin door that's not been opened.

In that vein, the Eidolons and the third Orb mother will likely play a role for scale purposes - Eidolon likely as a threat and the Mother as an 'ally' arising from its pool to give us cover fire or prevent the Sentients from coming in behind us as we rush the door.

 

 

Also of note: recently the Unum's bridge got collision. You could always reach it, but it had no mesh to walk on. Now you can. Insofar as I'm concerned, that's confirmation they're planning something with her. What, however, I won't speculate on, as there's a dozen possible routes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 43 minutes, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 a dit :

I did. They fought that war centuries ago and forgot about the war and the sentients. Lotus has to explain to us how the sentients adapt. Umbra,on the other hand, has developed stronger fighting abilities against them, as a warframe. Our knowledge of old returns but they had centuries to grow and develop while we slept.

So yeah we dont know what happened to the sentients during all theses years. Some of their great leader were with us in some kind of dead state for hunhow and brainwashed for natah. We also dont know how much they suffered the lost of the war. So yeah we dont know if they really changed.  We also dont know if natah is going to recreate sentients in our system or if she managed to create a way to make the others come to us. Cause thats what ended the old war, the outer terminus, the passage between galaxies was close.

 

Also considering the lore to argue about gameplay is a really bad idea. The lore is pretty inconsistent especially when you look at the gameply. Just the ropalolyst... He destroyed the entire fleet of alad V...

Edited by belanya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts? Might got a few:

---'New War'-frame(s)

---'Warriors Orochi' version of Warframe (I know its a bit of a grandeur to bring upon but who knows?)

---In 'New War', guessing Tenno might fail defending the current system against Sentients that's why we have 'Duviri Paradox' to fill-the-blanks of their past and unleash their true powers within (might be an Ultimate Ability in Operator Form)

 

All in all, nonetheless would be expected.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 58 minutos, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 dijo:

I did. They fought that war centuries ago and forgot about the war and the sentients. Lotus has to explain to us how the sentients adapt. Umbra,on the other hand, has developed stronger fighting abilities against them, as a warframe. Our knowledge of old returns but they had centuries to grow and develop while we slept.

Yes they forgot, but that doesn't change the fact they did fight with an army and have experience. And Lotus telling us about their adaptation system, well... yeah, how we as the players are supposed to know that if she does not say it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, (PS4)cazazombies245 said:

Yes they forgot, but that doesn't change the fact they did fight with an army and have experience. And Lotus telling us about their adaptation system, well... yeah, how we as the players are supposed to know that if she does not say it? 

Exactly my point. We didn't recognise the sentient when we scanned it. We learned of them as players exactly as the tenno relearned of them after their sleep, which is why she had to instruct us. I hope your arguement isn't that things are never forgotten and never needs refreshing. Experience means nothing if not remembered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, belanya said:

So yeah we dont know what happened to the sentients during all theses years. Some of their great leader were with us in some kind of dead state for hunhow and brainwashed for natah. We also dont know how much they suffered the lost of the war. So yeah we dont know if they really changed.  We also dont know if natah is going to recreate sentients in our system or if she managed to create a way to make the others come to us. Cause thats what ended the old war, the outer terminus, the passage between galaxies was close.

 

Also considering the lore to argue about gameplay is a really bad idea. The lore is pretty inconsistent especially when you look at the gameply. Just the ropalolyst... He destroyed the entire fleet of alad V...

No, I'm considering the lore in discussing the New War..which is lore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the new war is supposed to be the beginning of the next story arc, I hope the current one gets a rework pass to smooth out the narrative, have better segways between the major quests and introduce some of the old tactical alerts as quests of their own, so that anyone playing through from their initial awakening will understand the state of the game at the beginning of TNW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...