Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XenMaster

Submersible Archwing should be fastpaced

Aquaman doesn't know water physics.

In fact, Itzal (and soon all Archwings) should instantly disintegrate the moment it uses blink. Because water doesn't exactly get out of the freakin' way. In fact the harder you try, the harder it will push back. So Sharkwings being slow as heck makes far more sense than them being bullet fast (bullets disintegrate the moment they hit water, regardless of what Hollywood taught you).

It would need to come with a redesign of every tile that uses the system to accommodate such a change. Besides the very few sections where you're just moving forward with no obstacles most people would just end up ramming into walls and objects enough to be going even slower.

And since there isn't enough demand for Archwing, let alone Sharkwing, content right now I wouldn't hold your breath for such changes.

There is very little sharkwing content, but also it tends to be universally hated even by the people who otherwise like archwing BECAUSE it's so painfully slow. Though it's also so abandoned of a concept that I doubt it would be worth the effort to make much, if any, change to at this point.

or, well, it would probably be worth the effort of a competent development team. DE's, however, is clearly overwhelmed by all the bad ideas they already have on their plate. Maybe it'll get collateral changes when they try to rework archwings to be even worse for Railjack so that they can try to force you to use the clunky ships more instead.

I agree that its painfully slow, I do get that and I am in suffering. I'm all for it to be sped up and at the same time not as it breaks kinda the logic of liquid. That much pressure would be hard as hell to swim in. I mean we literally go into the Mariana trench on earth the deepest place, of course its gonna be slow as hell in sharkwing.

3 hours ago, XenMaster said:

Like aquaman style.

... Show us how you do it submerged, and then maybe you'll be able to start thinking about how to start thinking to actually think how to start convincing with the thought of starting to convince us of your failed troll attempt...

2 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Aquaman doesn't know water physics.

In fact, Itzal (and soon all Archwings) should instantly disintegrate the moment it uses blink. Because water doesn't exactly get out of the freakin' way. In fact the harder you try, the harder it will push back. So Sharkwings being slow as heck makes far more sense than them being bullet fast (bullets disintegrate the moment they hit water, regardless of what Hollywood taught you).

What about Mythbusters? I was pretty sure bullets still entered water and hit targets as deep as 7 feet without disintegrating just fine.

EDIT: Yeah, it doesn't disintegrate... it just slows down. I couldn't find the Mythbusters clip, but here's another from Smithsonian.

Spoiler

I will need a reason to play sharkwing in the first place. Before any mechanical changes to its playstyle. 

One of the reasons reasons I dislike uranus missions is how it breaks away from the regular momentum and creates a sense of disorientation. 

14 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

we bump and bounce off scenery enough as is, be that in space or under water.

I don't... But then again, I don't sprint/afterburn like an idiot.

2 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

I don't... But then again, I don't sprint/afterburn like an idiot.

its difficult to resist the temptation.

31 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

its difficult to resist the temptation.

Yes, it is.

... which makes me more resistant than Gauss's DR ability., go figure 😛

18 hours ago, nslay said:

What about Mythbusters? I was pretty sure bullets still entered water and hit targets as deep as 7 feet without disintegrating just fine.

EDIT: Yeah, it doesn't disintegrate... it just slows down. I couldn't find the Mythbusters clip, but here's another from Smithsonian.

Reveal hidden contents

Itzal's Blink is far longer than 2.1 meters though. 16/160m at rank 0, 40/200m at max rank (not sure if Sharkwing uses the Space or Land version of the ability), without any mods. Assuming teleportation is just accelerating to near light speed (cause physics) for a short period of time, Itzal should be completely obliterated by the water.