Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur, Rhino, And ________

Aurelio23

Question

I'm working on building the Rhino like the newcomers' guide says, but I'm wondering what I should put together afterward.  I get that preference is a major factor, but seeing as how I can't try out frames before I buy them, all that I have to go on are gameplay videos.  So yeah, at the moment, I only have three slots, and I'm trying to figure out what my last frame should be.  I'm looking at the Volt and Ash, right now.  Ash looks like it would strike a good balance between Excalibur and Rhino, but Volt's shield looks crazy fun, too.  What do you guys think?

Edit: Well, a few people have said that I should go for Frost instead of Rhino.  I hadn't considered Frost before, but I've done a bit of research and he looks really good, too.  I definitely want a tank, so between Frost and Rhino, which would you guys use?  Also, can you make polls in this forum?  Do you have to have a certain number of posts before that's unlocked, or something?

Edited by Aurelio23

7 answers to this question

The guide says build rhino but I dont really like tanks

Ash is a more solo player: all his powers benefit himself only but his coolness meter is off the charts.
Volt is all electric so he fries the Corpus to a crisp. He is also cool but it takes patience to learn not to rely on his ultimate (overload)

If you like to tank, get Frost or Frost Prime he is a primary defensive tank

If you like damage look for Nova or Ember who are all about damage but they are fragile as well

if you want something between rhino and excaliber, I suggest Trinity (healer with some tanking qualities) but if you want to kill stuff then she is not for you

If you want a moderate tank with alittle flare, Saryn. Most of her powers are DOT (damage over time) and its raw poison damage that is unaffected by armor (which can change in the future due to Armor 2.0)

Edited by Anatolius

I'm working on building the Rhino like the newcomers' guide says, but I'm wondering what I should put together afterward.  I get that preference is a major factor, but seeing as how I can't try out frames before I buy them, all that I have to go on are gameplay videos.  So yeah, at the moment, I only have three slots, and I'm trying to figure out what my last frame should be.  I'm looking at the Volt and Ash, right now.  Ash looks like it would strike a good balance between Excalibur and Rhino, but Volt's shield looks crazy fun, too.  What do you guys think?

You have a tank a starter its time for a ninja!!!!

I farmed Nova as my first real frame after Excalibur and she was a blast. (Ba-dumb chhhh)  If you only plan on keeping 3 frames and not buying anymore slots, then I recommend her, as she is great at clearing large waves with MPrime, which will help when you want to start farming.  Also, her other two damage spells are pretty good for just completing different missions.  I never felt like she was that squishy because everything was dying before laying a finger on me.