Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you agree if weapons and cosmetics are moved to bosses

I believe you guys know monster hunter where armor and weapons are made from parts of the monsters. How about we do similar thing in warframe?

Since you people say nothing to do, let's make things drop from many places. For example, to make a syandana you will need various parts obtained from many places and missions. In regards to that, cosmetics are now made and not available from market

Do you accept this?

6 minutes ago, 844448 said:

In regards to that, cosmetics are now made and not available from market

Can you explain why DE would ever consider this? People buy cosmetics, why would DE want to stop that? You seem to have forgotten that DE really does need to make money.

If what you meant is a few new cosmetics, then this seems perfectly reasonable. It is a pretty terrible idea to move current (or all future) cosmetics to boss fights.

No thanks...

Not to mention the majority of cosmetics in the game now seems to come from tennogen

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Can you explain why DE would ever consider this? People buy cosmetics, why would DE want to stop that? You seem to have forgotten that DE really does need to make money.

If what you meant is a few new cosmetics, then this seems perfectly reasonable. It is a pretty terrible idea to move current (or all future) cosmetics to boss fights.

DE already does enough money with prime access packs, this is just 1 insignificant change that can be made with no loss

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Yeah, my bad. It's new cosmetics with bosses' aesthetics that isn't available from the market

17 minutes ago, TzXtetriC said:

DE already does enough money with prime access packs, this is just 1 insignificant change that can be made with no loss

That is an interesting opinion. I doubt many people would see it as an insignificant change if DE was to not charge for cosmetics anymore. Remember, DE is a company, making money is essential. If you start removing options to make money the game may no longer be profitable. Why should DE persist with a game that just costs them money?

____

19 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Yeah, my bad. It's new cosmetics with bosses' aesthetics that isn't available from the market

That makes a lot more sense. That seems like a perfectly sensible idea.

18 minutes ago, 844448 said:

That could be cool; we do have one or two already (certain ephemeras, the Wolf mask etc.) - although people do complain about the drop-rates.

38 minutes ago, TzXtetriC said:

Without knowing what their profit margins are nor what the revenue split is, you can't make that sort of a statement and expect people to follow blindly.

1 hour ago, TzXtetriC said:

Unless you have statistics and details about how much revenue DE gets from cosmetics as compared to PA I would suggest to not make such comments, or append it as an opinion only.

Ad to the main question :

there are already some cosmetics/ephemera /decorations being provided by some bosses (the orbs, eidolons, stalker, wolf etc) an aesthetically suitable cosmetic or skin would indeed be lovely to have. 

Imagine a hammerfist skin made of Tyl Regor's hammerfist.

Or moa armor from ambulas, 

Or sargus ruks chest plate. 

wouldn't be terrible to have more armor I suppose, especially if it's free.

I just wouldn't want it ruined with Bbad drop rates for certain parts.. goddamn Shara Ishvalda Tenderplates, oh how I loathe you...

2 hours ago, TzXtetriC said:

I strongly doubt the number of people buying Atlas Prime access can offset the number of people buying Ember, Valkyr, Saryn, Nyx, Nova, Excalibur, Ivara, Mag, Loki, Mesa and Volt skins.

Plus, Atlas Prime access will expire, while those skins remain for newer players to acquire.

5 hours ago, Cyba_Zero said:

That could be cool; we do have one or two already (certain ephemeras, the Wolf mask etc.) - although people do complain about the drop-rates.

It's materials like monster hunter gears where you craft with materials you obtained

As for upgrade, I'm not sure if we could add it as an option where you have multiple ways to upgrade the appearance (no actual weapon because the grind would be "too harsh and tedious")

Huh, no..I'm not down for that..but, on the other hand I wish De would make weapons like warframes where they do something really neat...because god 95% of the weapons are just awful...

10 hours ago, (XB1)Mechanized Mind said:

Isn't that kinda what they've been doing with Nightwave?  

That's a limited time exclusive cosmetics from doing the nightwave, this one is crafting your cosmetic armor pieces from materials dropped from bosses. Maybe lech kril armor for operator or your warframe after you gather enough materials from him, maybe upgrade the appearance along the way

22 hours ago, TzXtetriC said:

Didn't know you managed DE's finances.

Enlighten us more, brother. 

It kind already does, weapons (seer, mitter, etc)  warframes (wisp, hildryn, etc) and ephemeras, but it is just a brain grind most of the time.

But it need something more, like a boss for the minority that drops something really good, maybe a Chroma Vandal, this version vex armor is multiplicative bonus instead of additive and a prisma Vulkar 1.0 Reload, Fire rate of 5.0, Dmg up to 300.

You are just moving the goalposts. Once people have everything there will STILL be 'nothing to do'. This isn't a solution, it'd at best be a bandaid.

1 hour ago, Valiant said:

Didn't know you managed DE's finances.

Enlighten us more, brother. 

From where do you think they make warframe money? from plat purchases? You must be very innocent child

On 2019-09-30 at 5:22 AM, 844448 said:

I believe you guys know monster hunter where armor and weapons are made from parts of the monsters. How about we do similar thing in warframe?

Since you people say nothing to do, let's make things drop from many places. For example, to make a syandana you will need various parts obtained from many places and missions. In regards to that, cosmetics are now made and not available from market

Do you accept this?

I would say yes to an extent. But it goes back down to the gameplay of the You can have a great reward and a lackluster mode game play experience etc What do you do after you get the reward? If none of the content in game can provide much achievement or accomplishments outside of the rewards etc. 

id say exclusive cosmetics tied to specific bosses or when railjack releases specific ships or quest lines and such.

how would you go about people whove already had items.

how would you balance the economy for said influx of new items.