Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1-2second screen freeze every minute in WF?

40PE

Since a week (can't remember when it started) I have a 1-2secong screen freeze and then starts to move again.

-Nothing changed on my machine afaik except game updates

-This only occurs in WF, I also play wow and division 2 regularly, I dont notice that there at all.

-No change or reset occurred on my WF config nor on my Nvidia settings either.

I'm starting to think this is the game, issues might came with an update. But if I'm the only guy experiencing it, something else should cause this.

You guys experiencing anything like this?

UPDATE: It's similar when you're on a game or in a station and the game loading in other player's assets and the game gets a screene freeze for a second, completely feels like that.

Edited by 40PE
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, 40PE said:

You guys experiencing anything like this?

An occasional temporary screen freeze? Yes. And I know exactly what is causing it. Whenever I (or anyone in my squad) drops a spectre the game freezes temporarily.

A repeating 1 - 2 second freeze that happens every 60 seconds? No.

• I suggest you try and Verify the Download Cache (launcher). That can fix some issues with the game. 
Edited by krc473

18 minutes ago, krc473 said:

An occasional temporary screen freeze? Yes. And I know exactly what is causing it. Whenever I (or anyone in my squad) drops a spectre the game freezes temporarily.

I doubt it's that since I get the freezes while being the only one in my dojo, as well as in my orbiter.  From the number of people who have noted the stuttering it prob was something to do with the update.  Your suggesting might still be applicable though.

• Like 2

Just now, Jiminez_Burial said:

I doubt it's that since I get the freezes while being the only one in my dojo, as well as in my orbiter.

All I was suggesting is that my freezes are caused by spectres. It is pretty easy to diagnose: the game runs smoothly constantly with no issues. Every single time a spectre is placed the game temporarily freezes. Then the game continues to run smoothly without a hitch.

• If the issue occurs exclusively following an action, that is probably the cause in that instance.

I may not have been specific enough in my previous reply.

• Stuff like specs and driver versions could play a role in the game freezing. 

I noticed this last week, and went around testing it to see what was the possible cause.

As it happens, for me at least, doing the Nightwave challenge: find 8 rare mods, every single time a Kuva jester dropped one of the gold rare “element” Exilus bullet jump mods, the game would do a hard-stutter for 1-2 secs then continue as normal after the animation completed.

It’s since happened when other rare mods have dropped, and occasionally when showing a reward from an endless mission rotation. At this point I doubt there’s one specific cause, as it randomly shows up in the middle of other mission types with no real markers to highlight the culprit.

5 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

if youre on steam try disabling "allow download during gameplay"

i had this after preloading destiny 2 because for some reason it checks download every few minute making the 2 second freeze.

Non related, this happens with certain actions such as picking up specific mods, summoning specters as mentioned, it has nothing to do with Steam.

Thanks for the replies.

-my issue isn't related to specters. Well Into the game 2+ minutes later when just running around solo, doing any kind of mission I get this screen freeze. I don't even notice pickups when it happens so something I might try to look out for.

-Any weapon, any Warframe, unrelated to these I'm pretty sure.

-not completing any NW Missions nor NW update occurs on current missions.

-download cache idea is good I will do that tonight, hope that helps.

-im on PC sorry didn't mention.

Edited by 40PE

Check your CPU and memory utilization. I recall having a similar issue like this and I was having my CPU push 90+%s constantly in Warframe exclusively, especially when hosting even on a solo game. Never did found out if that was the exact cause since I just got a completely new PC(That PC was on the end of its lifespan with a ton of heating/HDD problems) but it's a place to start. I can assure you it's not a GPU issue since my system was pushing my GPU to 60% when the freezing starts acting up. The new lighting and reflection stuff is probably chewing up a lot of processing.

Edited by RX-3DR

Seen this as well.  There may have been a few updates to "core functions" which may have been optimal in terms of CPU demand but can have corner cases which cause stuff to go sideways.  Normally this happens when you are untangling spaghetti from legacy code but tends to disappear as they figure out they they broke as they try and make the larger picture better.  

Putting posts in feedback with what exactly happened or even a short video clip + warframe application screen shot can help them find the gremlin.    

36 minutes ago, Ahniar said:

I had the same issue after the last update, but an Nvidea update came in and fixed it for me... 

Now that I didn't do, I saw the release notes and it's kind of COD MW BETA driver. I could give It a try and let you guys know...

This issue is exist from the early start of update 25. I got a lot of screen freezes but those was permanent ones and I play this game from the start and never happend any similar before. During the playtime I upgraded my  right 3 years ago so the fail Is in the game code. 

Only warframe does this time to time but I think they will fix it as soon as possible. They must know what causes this issue and they got a lot feedback from now. 

The temporary freezes are more common now but I usually sense this when moving in relays, Dojo, Cetus gate, occasionally in missions when there are actions or dropping a specter. 

Computer wise I shouldn't have to any problems with the game. Bugs happens. 

Edited by Sziklamester

I had something similar to this happened to me recently.  but it only happened once on one mission it had me worried for a bit though I thought something was wrong with my computer.

I was so low frame rate went down to 24 (I normally play at 144 capped at my monitor's refresh rate) and it would completely freeze for 1 to 2 seconds then happen again like every 10 to 15 seconds.  I went through all of my temperatures everything was normal on my task manager everything was normal and nothing was hogging a bunch of resources I just seem to be a bit of a fluke it only happen on that one mission that one day about a week ago. (Adaro sedna so just a standard grineer tileset not even something challenging)

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

I've been experiencing it too (and I'm on PS4 pro, not PC) and it just started in the last couple weeks.  Seems to mostly occur 4-5 sec after starting a mission, or after returning to orbiter/dojo.  Though I have had it occur quite often during the profit-taker fight, so maybe its not just following transition.  Pretty sure it started at the same time as the amp bug/nerf that changed vomvalysts from 1-2 shot kill with x27 amp to 4-6 shots.

@OP if you are using Steam + Warframe, then some people have reported that any games on steam that have been pre-loaded and are awaiting release can cause minor stutters while steam checks its timer for the pre-loaded content...

If you are not on steam and haven't pre-loaded anything AND haven't changed anything config wise, id probably do the obvious and check my gfx drivers or something in case a winblows update did its usual magic.

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed this as well, and nothing else behaves this way on my pc. It only started a few weeks ago, after the Saints of Altra update for sure. Some days I don't experience it. Its only in a mission and once I leave the mission and enter a new one, it's fine.