Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Wisp’s movement animations

Lead_Codpiece

1 hour ago, Gryban said:

I think she is good as she is

she starts walking around on stumps as soon as you pull your sword out, so no not really? they need to change it so that her lower body keeps doing her own animations even when her upper body is doing the melee idle.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Podge said:

she starts walking around on stumps as soon as you pull your sword out, so no not really? they need to change it so that her lower body keeps doing her own animations even when her upper body is doing the melee idle.

Bro.  Have you SEEN half of the feet in the game for warframes?  Walking on most of them isn't possible.

• Like 1

So rigging and animation is very time intensive. More than likely wisp was an experiment just to see if they could do it. Most games have trouble with contextualized animation sets the fact that wisp has her own run, roll, fall, and jump animations is already impressive ask them to have her own unique animation set for every stance mod is a too much work it would take hundreds big not thousands of hour of Dev time to make that happen and unless you want very janky animations that would make a contortionist cringe it's not advisable to copy the upper body animations of one set and the lower body animations of anther and copy pasta them together. Might work well if they were making the next exorcist movie but I'mma take a hard pass on that in Warframe. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Bro.  Have you SEEN half of the feet in the game for warframes?  Walking on most of them isn't possible.

Also this ^ go check out the Atlas deluxe skin for me.

Her movement is actually one of my favourite aspects of her because it looks and feels good nothing like the ridiculous ballerina movement animation at high speed (the very reason I dislike volt that much).

That´s why I hope melee 3.0 will include some changes in terms of melee animations not just for Wisp but for custom movement of future warframes as well. When I play her I try to avoid aiming or melee as much as possible because it breaks the immersion and just looks ugly.

Edited by Arcira
  • Like 1