Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fake/Illegal Plats

-SussyBaka-

Trading is dangerous because of this problem. The issue is "charge-backs" to credit cards mainly. When this happens, the plat has to be removed from the game, so they just remove it from where it's found. If that puts you in a negative amount of plat, you get banned until you purchase plat to bring you back to 0 or positive.

My only suggestion is to only sell things that equal the same or less than plat that you currently have that you know is "safe" (usually that you bought, or have had for a long period of time, outlasting most charge-back claim time periods.)

Then, don't go below that amount of plat until you think it's safe from charge-backs (or is an amount you're willing to buy directly from DE.)

This is just to be safe... obviously you can go do whatever you like on the wild west market and make it rich with enough good trades to make any bad trades a drop in the bucket to never have to worry about...

Edited by (PS4)AyinDygra
(same or less than)
  • Like 1

And thus why i dont sell stuff for plat. I only buy stuff from other players when really needed and still only with plat i get every 3~4 months from Prime Access.

I wish [DE] kept a Trade/Transaction log for every account and instead of punishing the player who received the fake plat, they would undo the trade and block the account of the fake plat trader.

• Like 21

As said, the only safe practice is to not drop below what you can spare. So if you make a 1k trade, keep a min of 1k balance so if there is fake plat you don't get in trouble.

I still don't understand how DE punishes the person the fake plat ends up with. At most they should just be black listed from trading until the plat balanced is fixed. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Trading is dangerous because of this problem. The issue is "charge-backs" to credit cards mainly. When this happens, the plat has to be removed from the game, so they just remove it from where it's found. If that puts you in a negative amount of plat, you get banned until you purchase plat to bring you back to 0 or positive.

My only suggestion is to only sell things that equal the same or less than plat that you currently have that you know is "safe" (usually that you bought, or have had for a long period of time, outlasting most charge-back claim time periods.)

Then, don't go below that amount of plat until you think it's safe from charge-backs (or is an amount you're willing to buy directly from DE.)

This is just to be safe... obviously you can go do whatever you like on the wild west market and make it rich with enough good trades to make any bad trades a drop in the bucket to never have to worry about...

Well said. I'd also suggest taking screenshots of conversations and trade dialogue/screens. It won't help you to avoid running into bad plat, but you can provide evidence that can make it easier for support to determine that your hands are truly clean. 

• Like 1

I haven't been hit with issue yet, so I am unclear how it works. So let me see if I have this right.

Person A does something stupid or illegal making the plat "dirty"
Person A then uses the dirty plat to buy stuff from Person B and Person C.
Person B and C then use the plat to buy something from Persons D, E, F, G, and H.
Then DE discovers the dastardly deed and goes looking for this "dirty plat" and finds it on Persons D, E, F, G, and H so they confiscate it and ban these players and A, B, and C all go unpunished?

I sincerely hope that is not true. If it is, it seems the best thing to do is run a 0 plat balance. When you need something, you sell something to get plat and then immediately spend it back to 0 balance so you aren't the one holding the bag when the stuff hits the fan.

Or is it that just B and C go unpunished while A gets banned and plat is taken from D-H.
Or do they deduct the plat from all 8 players (meaning the took away more plat than was stolen)?

Really it seems like all of these options are complete $#!%

1 hour ago, No1NParticular31 said:

I haven't been hit with issue yet, so I am unclear how it works. So let me see if I have this right. [...]

I think you got it right mostly, person A gets a permanent ban, and the plat gets taken away from D-H. If the plat balance of persons D-H goes into negative, their accounts get suspended until they purchase plat to turn their balance positive again. @GnarlsDarkley I think you posted a neat description of this process, if I remember it right?

Regarding how long you'll need to wait until you can know for sure that your plat is safe to be spent... I googled a bit, turns out, Visa and MasterCard have a chargeback time limit of up to 120 days. It's ridiculous. Plus I have no idea how long it takes for DE to track the bad plat's trail through trades. So, if you want to be sure, you'll need to wait a little over 3 months. (This 3 months seems a bit unrealistic though, I imagine if someone wants to trick the system by making a recharge after the plat purchase, they will do it as soon as they got rid of the plat.) 

Dealing with a large amount of traded plat seems like a long term activity.

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
Grammar and some typos

I haven't been hit with issue yet, so I am unclear how it works. So let me see if I have this right.

Person A does something stupid or illegal making the plat "dirty"
Person A then uses the dirty plat to buy stuff from Person B and Person C.
Person B and C then use the plat to buy something from Persons D, E, F, G, and H.
Then DE discovers the dastardly deed and goes looking for this "dirty plat" and finds it on Persons D, E, F, G, and H so they confiscate it and ban these players and A, B, and C all go unpunished?

I sincerely hope that is not true. If it is, it seems the best thing to do is run a 0 plat balance. When you need something, you sell something to get plat and then immediately spend it back to 0 balance so you aren't the one holding the bag when the stuff hits the fan.

Or is it that just B and C go unpunished while A gets banned and plat is taken from D-H.
Or do they deduct the plat from all 8 players (meaning the took away more plat than was stolen)?

Really it seems like all of these options are complete $#!%

Well to answer you yes it is. If you make a trade for plat from A for plat and it's bad plat or gets charged back later you get baned, how ever this only happens if you spend it. As if you are at 0 and they remove it from your account it goes in the negative and that's where the is he is. The best option is after a trade it to wait for a few days to a week and see if the plat is removed.  Yes it's unfair to the others and A can just keep doing it last I checked.

Just checked above 3monts is ridicules.

In the interest of fairness i would say allowing the option of either reversing their purchases from most recent to oldes as to prevent a negative balance, or allowing the player to get a reasonable like -50 to 100 plat and say you have 3 days to fix it before we ban you till you pay up would be okay. Then those that really can not afford it can try to fix it with some plat from the market. Rather than being forced out of the game due to things out of their control.

6 minutes ago, Umquaptovis said:

Well to answer you yes it is. If you make a trade for plat from A for plat and it's bad plat or gets charged back later you get baned, how ever this only happens if you spend it. As if you are at 0 and they remove it from your account it goes in the negative and that's where the is he is. The best option is after a trade it to wait for a few days to a week and see if the plat is removed.  Yes it's unfair to the others and A can just keep doing it last I checked.

Just checked above 3monts is ridicules.

In the interest of fairness i would say allowing the option of either reversing their purchases from most recent to oldes as to prevent a negative balance, or allowing the player to get a reasonable like -50 to 100 plat and say you have 3 days to fix it before we ban you till you pay up would be okay. Then those that really can not afford it can try to fix it with some plat from the market. Rather than being forced out of the game due to things out of their control.

If they came to me and told me to pay up or get banned due to something I had no control over and did nothing wrong, I would file a criminal complaint for extortion, then promptly delete the game from my computer.

Extortion: " to obtain from a person by force, intimidation, or undue or illegal power"

• Like 2

Or do they deduct the plat from all 8 players

A gets perma banned with no option to unban it.

All other players lose the amount of plat deriving from Athey still have. If any player gets in negative they are softbanned and cannot login until they buy plat from DE directly.

You can go into negative by using the plat from A in the ingame market or Foundry

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

A gets perma banned with no option to unban it.

All other players lose the amount of plat deriving from Athey still have. If any player gets in negative they are softbanned and cannot login until they buy plat from DE directly.

You can go into negative by using the plat from A in the ingame market or Foundry

Ok so my concept of running a zero plat balance would work as long as you only bought from other players. That is just too dumb. It's like a game of hot potato only the one left holding the potato gets extorted.

1 minute ago, No1NParticular31 said:

That is just too dumb. It's like a game of hot potato only the one left holding the potato gets extorted.

Sadly that's true. I'll take screenshots of every trade I make and keep record of my plat all the time.

So if I lose X amount, I can provide support exact evidence of the trades with the amount of X and the players I traded with and I'll be refunded my item(s) as long as it was no Riven

There's a lot of fear mongering in this thread.  There's some degree of risk in trading, particularly in higher ticket items, but it's still very rare to actually encounter bad plat.  Take screenshots whenever you trade for anything over 100 plat, but don't let it stop you from trading.

• Like 1

I never had a problem in 4 years. 

My rules are simple.

-When trading on Warframe market or riven markets, Never do business with people with Bot names. If someone with a bot name messages you, "qtsgta23 wants to buy your legendary core for 300,"  Just throw em on iggy. Don't even respond. Maybe they are not a bot. Maybe they have good plat. Either way I get suspicious of people with names like that and won't risk it.  Not worth a ban or loss of plat because they were dorks choosing their name. Not my problem. 

-Don't trade with em if their name on market does not match the name in the game. I don't care what their reasons were either. Tuff luck for them. Again not worth it and its fishy. 

-Don't trade with people who admit to being on a ALT. It is against the rules plain and simple and if they are willing to break one rule, then they are most likely willing to break another. 

-Be weary of deals that are to good to be true from low ranking players. If a player who is mr 3 wants your mr 16 riven for tons of plat. Ask yourself why?

-Look up their trade history. Look up their Rivens/items sold. If your doing a deal worth lots. A simple few clicks of buttons can quench your suspicions pretty fast.. 

-Take screenies of any big items sold or bought. Just in case you need to argue your case..Will make customer service lives easier and yours. 

I don't bother with Trade chat. Never did. Never will. To many scammers there trying to low ball new players for my liking. I stick with the markets. No one barters there and the sales and purchases usually go fast without any hassle. I don't feel bad about selling anything there because i know my price is fair do to supply and demand. 

Whenever i hear some wild story from some "Innocent" forum poster about bad plat, It is always suspicious and fishy. It is never their fault. The thread goes on for a bit and the victim usually says something that dictates they either bought plat from a 3rd party and are playing dumb or did some sketchy stuff. I can safely say I don't trust anyone who claims they got caught in some bad plat scandal. Every single time it pops up there is warning signs in the victims post. May as well add them to your iggy list to just to be safe. 

With all that said I personally find most buyers and sellers to be nice and honest. Have not had many problems. I have traded thousands of items and for the most part both parties were happy in the end. Only problem I had was with a few bad apples trying to change the price of the listed items. So pay attention to your listings. Double check em. Add those bad apples to the iggy list and move on. Don't even bother trying to argue. Not worth the stress. 

Edited by bananacat89
spelling
  • Like 2

seen topics like these for ages and i have been selling stuff for over two years and havent had any issues at all. not saying its fake but it definitely seems more blown out of proportion than it actually is. i have sold maiming strikes to MR 2 and many high price items to anyone that asks for it.

3 hours ago, No1NParticular31 said:

If they came to me and told me to pay up or get banned due to something I had no control over and did nothing wrong, I would file a criminal complaint for extortion, then promptly delete the game from my computer.

Extortion: " to obtain from a person by force, intimidation, or undue or illegal power"

Even by the definition you gave, DE would have done nothing wrong.  Keep dreaming about putting the devs in jail though, because I think it's funny 😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, No1NParticular31 said:

This is in the EULA

9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DIGITAL EXTREMES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE GAME OR ANY USE OF THE GAME, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES. FURTHER, DIGITAL EXTREMES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PLAYER CHARACTERS, VIRTUAL GOODS OR CURRENCY, ACCOUNTS, STATISTICS OR USER RANKS, OR PROFILE INFORMATION STORED BY THE GAME AND/OR THE SERVICE. DIGITAL EXTREMES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INTERRUPTIONS OF SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ISP DISRUPTIONS, SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE FAILURES, OR ANY OTHER EVENT WHICH MAY RESULT IN A LOSS OF DATA OR DISRUPTION OF SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL DIGITAL EXTREMES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.

so yea you are screwed and have to deal with it by making a warframe account you agree to the EULA so no you cannot sue for this cuz some person con you out of a item and force your account into negative since it was not DE directly that did that.

Edited by (XB1)Dex Xean

10 hours ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

That is absolutely disgusting.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

This. And look at the account you're trading with. If a low mastery rank, and or low play time player wants to buy a prime set off you for at most, a few hundred plat, that's probably fine. Nothing suspicious about that.

But if a low MR, low playtime player wants to buy an expensive af riven that's something I would be suspicious of. Sure, a chargeback from an MR 27 with 5k hours could still happen but I think it's reasonable to assume people with more time invested in the game would be less willing to risk a ban.

• Like 1