Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ekzarcun

Vitus Essence drop chance

Is it just me or did they reduce the drop rates of vitus essence from drones lately. I started running arbitration's with a drop chance and drop boosters when arbi's got a rework. 1st 5 runs avereged to about 30 vitus per hour. But recently it's been a lucky run if i got 10 for an hour just finished a defense mission 70 waves in only got 4. 

It's not just you. I did a 50 minute survival, with only 3 drones dropping vitus. Interestingly enough, the dropped vitus wasn't actually on the location where I killed the drone. I found it lying around on the floor 2 rooms back along with various life support capsules.

RNG is still the main culprit.

Got 6 in one survival only to get 30 the next one while leaving earlier.

I got 38 from drone drops in one run and just 12 in another, exact same conditions, mission length and even same patch.

RNGsus decides to say "No" sometimes.

Is this a new drop, like since the last update that brought Gauss in?  I haven't done an arbitration in a few weeks but I've never had any vitus drop, just the single essence awarded per round after extraction.  Didn't know it dropped from any enemy at all... Maybe I'm just exceedingly unlucky to have killed, idk, thousands of them and rng never blessed me?

58 minutes ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

Is this a new drop, like since the last update that brought Gauss in?  I haven't done an arbitration in a few weeks but I've never had any vitus drop, just the single essence awarded per round after extraction.  Didn't know it dropped from any enemy at all... Maybe I'm just exceedingly unlucky to have killed, idk, thousands of them and rng never blessed me?

Vitus drops were a recent change to arbitrations and aren't on console yet. 

It was an update after Gauss so it didn't make it over yet.

They did nerf it.  I've had a couple of good runs.  Maybe 3 or 4.  But I have numerous runs of NOTHING.  Just finished a corpus survival with zero essence except for the round rewards.  No drone drops.

Arbitration sucks again.  It's a waste of time. I'm done with it.

4 hours ago, beaker_redux said:

They did nerf it.  I've had a couple of good runs.  Maybe 3 or 4.  But I have numerous runs of NOTHING.  Just finished a corpus survival with zero essence except for the round rewards.  No drone drops.

Arbitration sucks again.  It's a waste of time. I'm done with it.

They didn't nerf it. It's just rng. 

I did 3 40 wave/minute Arby's the day the patch dropped. And I've done a few since then. I got 8 drops the first mission, and none since. I got lucky the first time, and unlucky every other time. 

I'm curious if the people saying oh I got nothing aren't killing as many drones each run they do.  For example, in interception you're killing way less drones then in something like survival I'd wager.  Drones are probably still prone to bugs/getting stuck far away from you/you aren't killing them/they aren't dropping essence.  That, or it's a classic case of RNG blesses some and curses others.  

12 hours ago, Ekzarcun said:

Is it just me or did they reduce the drop rates of vitus essence from drones lately. I started running arbitration's with a drop chance and drop boosters when arbi's got a rework. 1st 5 runs avereged to about 30 vitus per hour. But recently it's been a lucky run if i got 10 for an hour just finished a defense mission 70 waves in only got 4. 

Just you. Maybe your sentinel died and you just missed it. I still get 30-60 an hour. Try Putting on a Smeeta kavat, increase its livability, then only pick up vitus when Affinity/Doubble pick ups procs. You can get so much more essence 🤤

Drone drops are also just that: drops.

If you're having the average pub experience of people chasing spawns down every hall until enemies are strewn about the entire map then there can be Vitus drops across the entire map. Or if you're in a static mode you'll likely need to check every spawn room for drops.

So depending on your squad and own willingness to check every nook and cranny it's entirely possible drops are being left behind and eventually despawned due to the drop limit.

So I did some testing this weekend in Arbitration's.  I solo'd 3-1 hour long survival missions and always got 9 vitus. I did multiple hour long or so pub group survivals and always got 30-38 vitus with 4 players.  During the missions I scoured the map searching for vitus.  I have a feeling that every player will spawn around 9 vitus or so over a certain period of time for a total of around 36, which will be consistent.  May be more or less depending on the time spent in the mission or rounds played but that number seems to be the general rule of thumb.  So Im not sure yet its RNG at all.  If I got 20 vitus solo that would burn my theory but it doesnt happen and seems too consistent to be up to the RNGods.  I have active drop chance and resource boosters for this.  If someone fell way outside these solo/group numbers in a mission around an hour then Im wrong.

I've noticed that even playing solo, sometimes Vitus drops can bug out and not even spawn from the destroyed drone, but instead maybe be considered out of bounds instantly, and then be respawned somewhere else on the map. Even nowhere near the drone's death. I was playing a Jupiter defense the other day and was on the lower levels, but then I went exploring to clear out all the containers on the map and I found piles of credits and Vitus on the upper areas, nowhere near any of my Arbi-drone kills. 

So that sucks a ton, especially if you're running loot radar/Vacuum on a companion and they die. Means now you're left subject to this random issue that can spawn Vitus far away from you without you ever knowing about it unless you run into that spawn location.

With such a stupid problem that was solved ages ago when Warframe blueprints from bosses were physical drops on the map, they should probably make Arbi-drone drops do the same. Simply rewarding the team with Vitus if the drop is rolled, and not making it a drop on the map to be picked up. 

Thre's another bug for vitus "not spawning" or "not dropping". It "spawns" in one especific location, I had thi issue in Survival Corpus ship, Lua Defense 3rd stage map and 2 more maps I don't remember. I'd call out DE to fix this because that bug is game breaking, letting noone with fewer vitus or close to none.

3 hours ago, axelsolar said:

Thre's another bug for vitus "not spawning" or "not dropping". It "spawns" in one especific location, I had thi issue in Survival Corpus ship, Lua Defense 3rd stage map and 2 more maps I don't remember. I'd call out DE to fix this because that bug is game breaking, letting noone with fewer vitus or close to none.

And I thought the drones just self destructed after a while of being stuck somewhere far from any action.

I found 12 vitus in another similar looking pile once JHYOoqO.jpg

there was a MARKED reduction in drop rate after one of the patches... entire clan noticed it, and noticed that even with people running drop chance boosters, resource boosters AND smeeta (for what it's worth) they were coming out of a 2 hr surv with 30 vitus at most. This isn't just RNG being her usual cruel-mistress-'self this is something else.

Sure we could put it down to the drones getting stuck, but when you got a team with loot detector and enemy radar that becomes a much slimmer chance, EVEN SLIMMER still would be those longer runs on the hydron map, where exactly would those drones' drops NOT be picked up? 🙂

People use this to pay for kuva, DE nerf pretty much every method of getting kuva, this was my go to reason for playing arbis..

I don't have to put on my tinfoil hat to draw a semi-logical conclusion here.

inb4 DE announce : "unintentially high drop rate WAS the bug in the first place but thank S#&$ it's fixed 😉 "

On 2019-10-01 at 12:57 PM, ChaosSabre said:

You should see my luck. A hour survival arbitration with a nekros and only 3 dropped.

Because Nekros doesnt desecrate the drones...

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

Because Nekros doesnt desecrate the drones...

I can't confirm nor deny this.

4 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

I can't confirm nor deny this.

Good. Because I said how it is.

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

Good. Because I said how it is.

Well one run I had  a nekros in team and they were dropping all over the place. As far I can tell from personal play as with anything nekros related it's just RNG whether it actually works or not.

2 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

Well one run I had  a nekros in team and they were dropping all over the place. As far I can tell from personal play as with anything nekros related it's just RNG whether it actually works or not.

It doesnt. The drones explode completly like the Corpus Drones did before. It leaves no body to desecrate. Many times I killed a lone drone in the end of defence missions (it being the last enemy around), not even the descerate cloud and sound showed up. So the power does nothing to them.

10 hours ago, axelsolar said:

I can confirm this ! this is game breaking ! someone pls sumbit a bug report