Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New mod drop booster? rant a bit :D

-HoB-AngelofRevenge

So we first got sc*** up our synergy farm squad, than will get mod drop ch booster? Ok what is next prime part drop booster? so can we get by some chance, no matter how low it may be, rifle riven drop ch booster for sorties? 😛😛😛 (ofc it won't happen)

So do you think it is good idea to introduce this kind of booster in game? Or lack of idea in general?

Sad as it may be I also think that bit by bit DE seems to be changing their development focus, and this has been as such for a good while.

Regardless I still enjoy the game, even if with some breaks here and there. I just hope this situation doesn't become even more obvious than it is, though I find it unlikely.

First, Reb has already stated this will be available like any other booster. So trade for some plat and its not hard to get.

Second, It just filling the void that the drop chance booster seems to be missing. Turning a 20% drop chance to a 40%. It doesn't sound like drop chance boosters effect mods but would love to get an answer to it

Third, This is no more pay to win then our current boosters. Most of which you can get for free just by logging in.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Zelmen said:

First, Reb has already stated this will be available like any other booster. So trade for some plat and its not hard to get.

Reb has already stated that they will put primed chamber in some mission in the future, and we are still waiting.

So she may have said that, but that doesn't mean we'll see anytime soon.

So buy and win for a while!

13 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

What about that booster is pay2win?
And how does this reasoning not apply to the current boosters?
How is the market, where you can buy any weapon, not pay2win?

Nope, nope and nope, you can get those for platinum, you can farm platinum in game.

Now tell me, how can i get this drop chance mod without paying? oh wait, you can't, and they aren't cosmetics to be ignored.

Edited by Peter

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

Nope, nope and nope, you can get those for platinum, you can farm platinum in game.

Now tell me, how can i get this drop chance mod without paying?

Again it's a pve game. So you're already not wining against anyone. But also I can get mods faster by farming plat than having a booster that makes the drop chance 0.4% instead of 0.2%.

So how is this pay2win?

Edited by JackHargreav
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

Now tell me, how can i get this drop chance mod without paying? oh wait, you can't, and they aren't cosmetics to be ignored.

They stated it will be a first test. And they will see how it goes.
How about you stop jumping to conclusions and see what will happen.

But then again, this is the internet. Ranting and burning some witches is the best thing to do instead of observing first.

• Like 3

Just now, JackHargreav said:

Again it's a pve game. So you're already not wining against anyone. But also I can get mods faster by farming plat than having a booster makes the drop chance 0.4% instead of 0.2%.

So how is this pay2win?

And when p2w is exclusive to pvp? i think that you need to meet some MMO games first.

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

They stated it will be a first test. And they will see how it goes.
How about you stop jumping to conclusions and see what will happen.

But then again, this is the internet. Ranting and burning some witches is the best thing to do instead of observing first.

It has nothing to observe, we do not need paper and pen to see what will happen.

Just now, Peter said:

And when p2w is exclusive to pvp? i think that you need to meet some MMO games first.

Ok?

So? The rare mods are exclusive to the booster?

Again plat is easier to farm and you get it for free. So what does this booster change? Ppl will still just buy the mods like they always did if they don't want to grind.

• Like 1

This entire issue might just be one of the biggest mountains this community has made out of an anthill yet.

Not only was it explained why the booster was made and that they'll explore other places to put it but it's also a massive waste to use in the first place. Seriously if the booster was just put in the market for plat it would be an outright waste to purchase.

You only ever need mods once unless one intends to sell them plus most valuable mods come from mission rewards or are from enemies with a guaranteed chance to drop a mod. It's also only increasing the chance for an enemy to drop a mod at all, meaning the rare drops people do want are still just as rare; you still have your 95%+ chance to get yet another common mod. Also converting mods into endo or credits is meaningless with how painfully inefficient it is compared to literally any other source of credits and endo.

And the p2w arguments are either very misguided or willfully ignorant. If we define p2w in a PvE game as something that gives one player an advantage over another then that exact argument can be applied to anything in the market, Prime Access, or even items purchased from others. Even if one wants to argue that it's p2w because unlike other items you can't farm plat from others to buy it (which still fulfills the "pay" part of p2w as someone paid even if you didn't) then might I remind everyone about the Titan and Distilling Extractor Primes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter said:

It has nothing to observe, we do not need paper and pen to see what will happen.

Sure we have to do that.
As they said, it is a first test. It means, we will get it later ingame, or they will drop it forever.
So yes, we have to observe.
But you will just not understand that.

Honestly I have zero use for this. This will not help with vault runs because the drop chance of "A MOD" is already 100%. Same for many other similar mod sources. This will only help with the drops from random mobs. Really, I think most of us probably already have most random mob dropped mods anyway except for maybe the extremely rare ones with a 0.03% drop chance and I'm sorry even doubled to 0.06% drop chance is still ridiculously low and paying real cash for a 0.03% increase is just not economical. It would be MUCH MUCH smarter to just save the plat from buying a few of these and buy the mods you need from a player that was lucky enough to get them to drop.

• Like 1

The booster really doesn't impact much, it makes the mods drop more often but people are treating as if it makes the drop chances of individual mods increase when that's not the case,  plus if this was actually releated to the whole can't reroll something that has been touch by another frame then why is it coming out now instead of when it was enacted?

Also the whole ""loot frame nerf"" didn't impact anything except silver grove farm but that easy to counter with scanning some extra plants, only real loot frame is nekros and that what people used and had the rest of the sqaud do other things since hydroids damage falls off too quick, khora and atlas loot augment are just waste of a mod slot.

Honestly this seems like tinfoil conspiracy that people are blowing out of proportion, only criticism i have this booster is just merge it with resource booster and have general drop booster for simplicity.

Also what's in the tinfoil hats? A old baked potato, street taco or a giant Hershey kiss?

• Like 1

What is the % of the Resource Chance Booster?
Would you be happy if the Mods Chance Booster be part of the Resource Chance B.?

Would you like also Endo drops to be affected by this booster?

In my opinion we do not need an other booster.This is a monetization strategy from DE what do not appeal to them.

I rather would like to see an strategy Players who spend money "helping/benefit" from other Players.

Most of the good mods in this game come from baro, vault runs and events like the acolyte mods.

this booster really is useless and not worth caring about. And even then The rarest mods in this game are like 50p at max and are better off buying them.

Edited by --Q--Dioxety
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, --Q--Dioxety said:

Most of the good mods in this game come from baro, vault runs and events like the acolyte mods.

this booster really is useless and not worth caring about. And even then The rarest mods in this game are like 50p at max and are better off buying them.

We can really end this thread with this comment.  This booster is insignifcant at best, and a joke at worst.  This might help some newbs pick up a copy of streamline a little earlier. Or a condition overload. Good for newbs I say.  As for the rest of us, it makes no difference.