Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(NSW)Katsuro

Tomorrow is October 1st and still no dry dock

5 hours ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

I thought they said on Devstream that we will have our dry dock in dojos to as to make space for railjack, isnt suppose to be here by now?

they did say that, and when it's good and ready it'll arive for us. that said, don't expect it anytime soon, frankly I wouldn't bet on railjack being anytime within the next two months. 

If we don't even have the drydock yet then boy howdy must they have fallen behind on Empyrean.

they said fall, and from what i have experienced of business, it will either be delayed or released on the very last day before fall is over.

Fall releases have a pattern.

Second Dream was December 3rd

War Within was November 11

Plains of eidolon was November 14

Fortuna was November 20

Its not likely October. And not likely the end of Fall on the last day.

For those who like to go with gut feelings instead of looking up prior update history.

6 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Fall releases have a pattern.

Second Dream was December 3rd

War Within was November 11

Plains of eidolon was November 14

Fortuna was November 20

Its not likely October. And not likely the end of Fall on the last day.

For those who like to go with gut feelings instead of looking up prior update history.

Prior updates don't really matter this time, though, because it is the first time in history that DE is trying to push 2 mainline updates within 2 months. All the releases you mentioned were just singular updates with the next mainline coming in spring next year, but this time DE promised that we will get New War on Christmas which means it should come out this year and they also said empyrean is required as New War will use its' elements. If we follow the update history you provided then that would mean we will have only a month between mainline updates which seems rather unlikely. My vote goes to the middle of October or otherwise I'd expect a delay on New War.

3 minutes ago, DemoniesGaming said:

Prior updates don't really matter this time, though, because it is the first time in history that DE is trying to push 2 mainline updates within 2 months.

Lunaro, Specters of the Rail, and The War Within were split into 3 parts, and I feel that qualifies as trying to push 3 mainline updates in 1 sitting. Look how that turned out...

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

Lunaro, Specters of the Rail, and The War Within were split into 3 parts, and I feel that qualifies as trying to push 3 mainline updates in 1 sitting. Look how that turned out...

You're right, The Wait Within wasn't that great of an era for DE, but remember that they themselves said they don't want to promise any dates after that drama so it doesn't happen again and now they come out promising that New War will drop on Christmas. Right now they only have 2 choices. Either somehow get both updates out within this year or they will suffer giant consequences because let's be honest, I'm sure the community won't forgive them so easily this time.

3 minutes ago, DemoniesGaming said:

You're right, The Wait Within wasn't that great of an era for DE, but remember that they themselves said they don't want to promise any dates after that drama so it doesn't happen again and now they come out promising that New War will drop on Christmas. Right now they only have 2 choices. Either somehow get both updates out within this year or they will suffer giant consequences because let's be honest, I'm sure the community won't forgive them so easily this time.

I doubt DE will get community backlash for missing another deadline. They get praised and slandered by the same 2 groups of people no matter what decisions they make. DE does as they want, and people who enjoy the game will play whatever gets thrown at us. The people who don't like Warframe or only liked a specific type of content will become inactive when they aren't given much. It's the same story every update. /shrug

8 minutes ago, DemoniesGaming said:

TBH, the fact that they're talking release dates for the New War after the wait within but not for Railjack or Duviri Paradox, alongside that odd 'Pre-Tennocon to Christmas time' [DE]lay makes me think they're up to something.

5 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

TBH, the fact that they're talking release dates for the New War after the wait within but not for Railjack or Duviri Paradox, alongside that odd 'Pre-Tennocon to Christmas time' [DE]lay makes me think they're up to something.

BUt they aren't giving any dates, just a general time they are wanting to get it out... Which we have a full month to even reach.

18 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

BUt they aren't giving any dates, just a general time they are wanting to get it out... Which we have a full month to even reach.

True.

Still, I'm suspicious about it even with a "Christmas" window.

Il y a 6 heures, (NSW)Katsuro a dit :

I thought they said on Devstream that we will have our dry dock in dojos to as to make space for railjack, isnt suppose to be here by now?

They said railjack is supposed to be released in fall.

So even if its true, we still have till december 21th.

And yeah for the dock release, 4 logical options :

- they release it not long before railjack, so players ll not have to wait a month with an empty dock

- they release it to fill a content drought

- they give up with this idea and release it with railjack

- they randomly push it at any moment cause de logic

Il y a 6 heures, davej83 a dit :

Railjack for sure this year, new war next year... where is the joke lol

Yeah and melee 3.0 was last year. I still dont get why people make jokes about release dates. They shown a very good consistency over the years.

Overall, im pretty confident with their statement, we ll get it this year but in which state, thats the real concernt. I expect it to be rushed... again

I would like to see the drydock asap, especially given that DE said that releasing the drydock during Tennocon was a possibility at one point.

I know that 99% of the community doesn't care, but situating the drydock into dojos is going to be a huge undertaking if you are a person who likes having a coherent layout. And given that it can take weeks (deleting and constructinga single room can take between 2-24 hours) to redesign a dojo just having it release a week in advance isn't going to help much.

Yeah it would be nice to have the drydock now for dojo layouts to adapt to it, however, we should be fine.  Don't have to tear down the entire dojo to build the drydock I suspect and the best part about the drydock is you'll be teleporting to it guaranteed via a teleporter in the spawn room of your dojo/it doesn't really matter where it is as long as it fits.  I don't see why they would have released it during tennocon when it would have literally sat around for months without usage and made people even antsier to get the new toy/empyrean itself.  z

There's also a devstream this friday, watch that and learn things most likely.  I wouldn't be surprised if this devstream said oh by the way we're launching empyrean on PC right now or within a couple of weeks of today.  Such is the nature of mainline updates.  

Such a negativity around.. you guys remember plains or orb valls?  they said " we will launch this year " and we got them... im personally cant wait for real melee 3.

September 23rd was the start of Fall, where is the drydock?

Tommorrow is October 1st, where is the drydock?

Now, can we have today a "Today is October 1st, where is the drydock?"?

I expect the update to drop next month.

Right now they will do smaller updates like implementing the loot ability synergies, there is gauss who got a lot of feedback and is waiting for tweaks, Atlas Prime is also on It's way and other stuff like that. 

They are also working on the New quests too and those will probably have some new features. 

It's a busy time for DE right now so it doesn't surprise me that they are so slow.

let's wait next devstream i'm sure they tell us something soon or release window my ben on mid-late october

16 hours ago, S.Dust said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

you're joking right?

why would he be joking? same here.