Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE I keep the mod chance booster but first UN-nerf the loot synergies

Twistedsparkle

this is the biggest reason why people are angry
and why mod chance booster is met with flaming torches and pitchforks
you know... making a former mechanic into a microtransaction..

it didnt make any sense to nerf the loot synergies anyway
loot synergy farming was a fun way to play the game and it realistically didnt break anything so I am baffled why was it nerfed anyway

atleast consider undoing the loot nerf before going through with this

ty for reading :)) 

• Like 1

vor 9 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Katsuro:

players didn't use nekros and hydroid to farm mods tho and the only relevant mod drop is condition overload which is 0.02% so 0.04% isnt all that

The reason we got for nerfing lootcombos was connected to silver grove, which this booster will also affect.

So wait...
OP wants the old ability stacking AND the booster?
Yeah... that wouldn't be absurd for drop chances...

And how would they ever balance that?
Would they balance things around the perfect stacking of all the possible drop chance boosts with a perfect team setup and such? GG, no casual player will ever get anything to drop.
Or would they balance things around casuals with no boosting effect active? Then people with a perfect farming setup would blast through content even quicker.

The loot synergies should have been nerfed way earlier, and definitely shouldn't come back.

Don't like how DE introduces a dozen new resources every update? The degree of hyperinflation that the easy, massive reward farms generated, whilst far from the only source of it, was massively contributing to it. If the resources are entirely worthless to any player past a pretty low level of progression where they can access these multi-lootframe farms, than the only option would be to accrete new resources or arbitrary timers to make it so players don't have the new stuff within 24 hours of the update dropping.

So that's what DE has done.

New resources prior to PoE were pretty rare, and even when introduced came with a sink (*cough*kuva*cough*). After PoE they're pretty much expected with every update. And let's not forget that most of those resources were, at first, not dropped from enemies - not affected by lootframes.

As people say, this is a grinding game. If resources are worthless, then so is the grind.

Edit: Welp, they un-nerfed it.

Spoiler

Edited by Loza03
Resource sink when DE

5 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

I wonder if the dumbass content creators created this angry and stupid mob who don't understand what does this mod booster does.

Again. And I will ask this until someone answers it. Did ppl use the loot synergies for mods? Or they used it for resources?

Besides people that still needed their first copy of one or those who think it's worth the time to farm them for profit, no.

And if people did intentionally run the teams for mods then they should have done some research as whatever they meant to accomplish could have been done with less time and effort elsewhere.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

I wonder if the dumbass content creators created this angry and stupid mob who don't understand what does this mod booster does.

Again. And I will ask this until someone answers it. Did ppl use the loot synergies for mods? Or they used it for resources?

It was always resources, only a small group of mods people go out of they're way to farm and half of them are from mission rewards not drops.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Twistedsparkle said:

this is the biggest reason why people are angry
and why mod chance booster is met with flaming torches and pitchforks
you know... making a former mechanic into a microtransaction..

it didnt make any sense to nerf the loot synergies anyway
loot synergy farming was a fun way to play the game and it realistically didnt break anything so I am baffled why was it nerfed anyway

atleast consider undoing the loot nerf before going through with this

ty for reading :)) 

1 copy of a rare mod is good enough.

Unless you want to farm mods to sell in trade chat for plat. Then it's like why would DE give many easy ways to bypass buying plat from market? 

I assumed that's why kuva for rivens takes so long to farm. Even with booster and kavat bonus. 

8 minutes ago, trst said:

Besides people that still needed their first copy of one or those who think it's worth the time to farm them for profit, no.

And if people did intentionally run the teams for mods then they should have done some research as whatever they meant to accomplish could have been done with less time and effort elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

It was always resources, only a small group of mods people go out of they're way to farm and half of them are from mission rewards not drops.

Thank you! Good to know.

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

That is exactly what happened, and most of the people whining had never even done dedicated multi loot frame power farming, and those that DID never did it for mods, they did it for resources. Which is still a joke, loot frames with 4 charmkats, lol what grind? Its complaining to complain because welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay.

Edited by Sovereign991

5 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

So wait...
OP wants the old ability stacking AND the booster?
Yeah... that wouldn't be absurd for drop chances...

And how would they ever balance that?
Would they balance things around the perfect stacking of all the possible drop chance boosts with a perfect team setup and such? GG, no casual player will ever get anything to drop.
Or would they balance things around casuals with no boosting effect active? Then people with a perfect farming setup would blast through content even quicker.

Uh... remove the mod chance booster and put it the way it's been for the last several years without issue?