Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

7 To 8 Mastery Test

Eunomic

Wallrunning is a nice addition to the game. The problem I have with it, is that it is not really reliable, In normal circumstances this has little impact on gameplay, since you can typically try again to perform whatever move you are attempting. Sometimes walls are just made of butter though, and try as you might it takes a while to get something to work. Because of problems I have seen with getting my character glued to walls, I knew the mastery tests involving walls were going to be a hurdle.

Sure enough, I found them to be nothing more than an exercise in frustration. Doing something like this that is part skill and part hope is very dissatisfying, most especially when pressured to perform in only a few tries. If I can't rank up after a few tries, then I will most likely just stop playing the game. The game for me is to experience all the weapons at their potential, and I am counting in future, higher mastery rank content.

TLDR: I am a noob at wallrunning but I still want to have fun, not frustration and a sense of failure.

Find a a grineer map with the area that has walls over lava that you can skip running a U shaped platform by wallrunning.  Practice practice practice.  Look at the wall at about 15-30 degrees to its surface, then switch back and forth right before you jump off to the other wall.  I get wall running 100% of the time after a little practice, you could too.

I also believe that a clan dojo starts out with the requisite space and energy to make an obstacle course if you want to practice there and have the resources to build it.

There is no 100% with my internet connection, and I know that is my own limitation. There simply is not anything else here, gg internet monopolies. For example, ignis causes me to desynch from the host - making me unable to exit endless defense maps. Key to that is, I can still play! But I can't click the claim and exit button. After extensive testing with friends acting as host, we determined it must be due to packet loss, and netcode that can't tolerate much of it.

As far as wall running goes, I must just plain lack the ability required. But in missions I don't seem to be the only one struggling with it. The random groups that speed run, and even friends that hasve played quite a while, sometimes just can't get their characters to stick to the walls sometimes. In the end I am just losing interest in trying to perfect that skill as my endgame.

Are you sure it's your connection?  How good is the modem you use? Your router?  I would venture to guess it's one of those two before blaming the ISP.  Update your router and modem to the latest firmare as well - I was having serious issues, updated my router firmware, and BAM fixed.  Explore those possibilities you can change just in case you can fix it yourself.