Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

EMPYREAN is coming... So What IF.......

(PSN)scottfernaays

this will probably be incoherent ... be patient with me

So Empyrean is coming .. eventually ...  bringing a bit of space sim with it.    This got me thinking about whats already in the game and how we interact with it and the confusion that it causes.  Also, thinking about the new things being added like the dry dock.

Why is it that when in  a party all other players are in there orbiters but when looking out the front window they see landing craft.. ( this confuses new players) since apparently its not the same thing..

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Orbiter

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Landing_Craft

So we have archwing for space combat for the frames , which i get, because you need something small for the enemies present in those missions, since you are attacking in tight areas.  But now we are getting larger space combat with ships.  So instead of using the existing orbiter, landcraft, or archwing we now get a railjack.  It seems like a lot of single use equipment with no real purpose except for the Railjack and archwing.

So here is my what if.. it would be cool if when let say going to your Dojo , should you have your Dry Dock, Boom you see your orbiter dock instead of you magically appearing in the middle of the place.  Would it not also be interesting to see your landing craft dock with your orbiter end of mission. I also kind of understand landing craft ( entering atmospheres and what not) but with the variety of landing craft and visuals.. it would be interesting to weaponize them for railjack missions so that you could use them instead of hijacking enemy ships..    Even it meant having to upgrade them with some tech as task first it would still add to the wealth of things to do in game...  (upgrade segment) Even give each landing craft its on special loadout.

• Like 2

This attention to detail is commendable, but in the action-focused enviroment we live, it's not necessary.

But a good place to put a cutscene with landing craft docking with the orbiter would be a new game introduction, so new players understand exactly what is their orbiter and where it is.

About weaponizing your landing craft, personal opinion, not really necessary. It will be redundant.

Edited by renleech
  • Like 2

As much as I personally see no need for railjack there was talk of it being a 'space version' of the gates to PoE and OV.   DE did talk about the 'dilemma' of where to place railjack in terms of MR level etc and hopefully it will be 'late game'.

If it does go late game I'm seeing the railjack ship basically replacing the landing craft and maybe even the orbiter for 'empyrean' levels, we've already seen 'oops' moments where it shows rooms where we can store stuff etc, and then if we go back to the 'old maps' we'll get the old cut scene with the landing craft.  Why do I think this, basically because it saves DE a lot of time in terms of 'fixing' start scenes etc and well they're already behind schedule.

• Like 3

@(PS4)Tactless_Ninja     I tend to forget about the clan aspect since im kinda a solo clan member. Its one big house to me anyway.  So i get your point.  From what i can tell the Railjack will be your personal craft but you still need the clan access to park it.

My thing is that so much underused potential.

Orbiter to Landing  craft to Archwing ( and then sometimes to on foot in some missions) then

Orbiter to Landing craft to Dojo to Railjack to Archwing to on foot back to archwing to Railjack.   

with the addition to open areas seems like fast paced only applies non openworldish tilesets , but in the new areas being able to use all this equipment seems plausible. I mean you going to have to tune your railjack dynamically for the moment to moment tasks.  

maybe im just to needy lol

5 hours ago, renleech said:

This attention to detail is commendable, but in the action-focused enviroment we live, it's not necessary.

But a good place to put a cutscene with landing craft docking with the orbiter would be a new game introduction, so new players understand exactly what is their orbiter and where it is.

About weaponizing your landing craft, personal opinion, not really necessary. It will be redundant.

I remember a dev stream 51 where they had a animation of the landing craft docking with the orbiter it looked good.wg90PbE.gif

• Like 1