Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Mod Booster and Free to Play.

[DE]Rebecca

Well I didin't mind the mod booster but I was really mad at the farming nerf so these are good news.

I think considering that having warframes that are better at some jobs as restricting choice is wrong, same goes for loot frames as for tridolon squads and many others. A farming squad will always want to have 4 looter frames to make the most out of it and making it so that you can only make use of one will reduce choice even further because since there's no point in bringing another looter frame the obious choice is bringing another frame which is better at dps or crowd control making it that players can't bring the frames that should preciselly shine in this situation.

In the case of eidolons and orb mothers, eidolons have a stronger stablished meta that the orb mothers cause of it's mechanics and I have to say that I enjoyed eidolons way more than orbs cause you have a set of warframes that are of special utility for that fight, you can mod to enhance that feature that makes them useful and each frame feels special and needed. In the case of the exploiter, you can do the fight with practically any warframe you want and all of them feel equally worthless to use as you can do most with your operator except damage fases in which any sniper rifle will do.

I do agree that the itzal blink reduced choice though but pls stronger meta and less generic boss fight mechanics for the next ones.

I was ok with the lootframe changes on a mechanical level, but I do appreciate that you listened to the players and brought back the looter synergies. Being able to use Nekros with Pilfroid was a really nice combo for farming things with lower drop chances or more limited availability, like mutagen samples and hexenon.

As for the mod drop booster... I was concerned. Worst-case scenarios were flying around, and it was hard not to get caught up in that. I tried to remain hopeful that the booster was just that, a simple booster. Everyone was jumping to the conclusion that the booster was leading up to reduced drop chances, etc.

I love this game, I love the community, I love the people I've played with, and I'm excited for the future of Warframe. I wish I'd gotten into it years ago, but I know I'll be playing for a good long while. Keep at it, Rebecca and everyone at DE! Keep proving those fears were misguided.

Since we are about to get sortie pool diluted with one more booster can we perhaps see a return of Resource Booster to sortie pool as well?

VNCTxGo.png

https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html as you can see on official drop page sortie doesn't have Resource Booster in rewards.

I will also ask in advance to not reduce the chance of boosters of any kind to appear on login, thank you.

Will this booster be available as a potential log in reward, as all the other boosters are?

Tbh I find this whole situation rather odd. It could have been avoided if certain mods didn’t have such a ridiculously low drop rate. I understand you have to make money and I don’t hold that against you. I pay into the game what I can and enjoy it when I don’t have to. But is people buying platinum so they can trade because they just can’t get condition overload to drop really that important of a source of revenue? Is it really necessary to create such huge bottlenecks around such a small thing?

So, one question.

Why wasn't the current drop chance booster buffed to include mods instead of being made into a separate booster? (could have even done this for a limited time for testing)

The way I see it, eventually this might lead to a Special Drop Chance Booster (purple drops) and maybe other drop chance boosters (such as maybe those that might affect rotation drop tables), so why isn't it just added into more  all encompassing boosters instead? 

Il y a 1 heure, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

TL;DR - The Mod Booster will also be available free in Sorties and on Baro Ki’Teer. Warframe Loot Abilities will again be able to yield multiple-drops from already looted corpses. 

Technically we still """can""" multi-loot from one single body. It's really strange how it works now, but for example the power-cells for excavation are multi-looted by nekros, khora, hydroid without problem. Same goes for kuva catalysts, and in the end on blitz-farming ophelia it's even better now.

From what I've "understood" of the new code, each loot can be obtained once per body. Meaning that when you cumulate Nekros, Hydroid and Khora in the same squad, a mob killed in Khora's dome while in Hydroid's Tentacles zone will trigger 2 drop attempt but can't be the same registered loot, and then Nekros do the same. On the old system each time one loot ability triggered it rerolled on the entire droptable, so finally now it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier to get rare drops.

Correct me if I'm wrong. And also will the booster work as the old system i've described or as a second roll on the "remaining loots to be obtained" ?

I never considered the booster to be an issue, a problem or even something worth discussing, but i do understand that not players are equal and all have varying degrees of acceptability, especially on what i consider a pointless booster, but some ppl do make it seem like it's a big issue, especially after the loot frame sinergy which was (asside from very niche loot farms) worse than just a single nekros and alot of killing (yes, that was better to have than a hidroid that stalls the game in order to get that required hit)

Still i apreciate the the clarification.

Tbh I never felt like this was too much of a big deal over the "killing the free 2 play players".

Could be salty about nerfing synergies like being able to shoot from within the rift thanks to Volt's shields or the aforementioned one in this post, whilst there are obviously some more than go on with the name of powercreep.
But if you're getting conspiracy vibes about this JUST now because "ermegerd new booster after the nerf" try to farm kuva without booster. I dare you.

Boosters will always offer a large margin of help and let's be real: they're still cheap. There are also a lot of giveaways to keep plats and trading rolling for everyone to sell mods, primes and arcanes.

Now THIS is the news I was hoping to hear. Just announced this to my in-game squad while I was Despoil farming nano spores for them, and they collectively rejoiced over mic upon hearing they can stack their lootframes with mine once more. Lootframe is one of my favourite squad-related setups for this game and I did consider being miffed about their stack removal, so this is a wonderful bit of news and a step in the right direction.

With that said... where's Reb and Meg Prime?

Good to see you making changes based on majority player feedback.

Now what about the terrible arbitration changes practically everyone was against? please move all the new gear to the arbitration shop. Youve increased vitus drops but put nothing in the shop to buy with it other than kuva. You've also completely ruined the rotation rewards by filling it with loads of crap gear that's a pointless drop after the first drop.

Listen to the users about the arbitration changes and hey,I have no more complaints about warframe lol.

56 minutes ago, Diavoros said:

Oh no! a clear explanation of the situation! the QUALITY Warframe partners won't be able to keep making rant videos about it for the gullible playerbase when fishing for views!

I hope you realize that partners making said videos and people making threads here and on reddit are the reason you now have options in your game. Food for thought.
Cope. 

Thank you, Reb and the rest of the DE Staff. I'm glad things are cleared up. We're harsh on you because we care. And judging by how far you took things to make it right, you care too. Much love.

Thanks @[DE]Rebecca for the response. I'm glad that my patience regarding this topic was rewarded with a proper response from Staff. I'm also happy that you've responded to this on the forums, which means you don't have to take any time to respond to it in a devstream. Instead, you can discuss other pressing matters, like the Vauban and Ember Rework.

I think we have to first fix the mod drops not actually giving us a mod before we start with the mod boosters. I really doubt I would want a mod booster if I’m just not going to get the mod anyway. This is not a fluke either, I can have this happen every time as well as others in my clan. 

and just for clarity here is a second vid on a totally different day

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The first Mistake: Players only hearing about it in a news article sub-line.

It's kinda offtopic, since it's not about the booster situation, but the same thing (or almost the same), unfortunately, revolves around so many stuff in the game: from WIPs to upcoming changes, or even PSA. There're dedicated subforums here for that exact content, but, sadly, 80% of the time people find out about those via Twitter, YT channels or subreddit, but not here :F

And about this:

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The third Mistake: not providing closure on the loot-frame changes from The Jovian Concord. We are restoring the loot mechanics to what they were before The Jovian Concord - Warframe Loot Abilities will again be able to yield multiple-drops from already looted corpses. 

I might've sounded harsh earlier in the original thread, but I will still stick to my opinion (it's not bashing or ranting, it's just pointing out the obvious flaws) that situations like this could've been handled years ago if you'd dedicate some time to find alternative ways to obtain rare mods: Nightwave stock, Baro stock, weekly missions reward rotations, Syndicate assassins etc. Fine, you can keep the drops at low %s, but having an alternative that doesn't lead to being burnt out is always good. This also involves resources. Why not put bundles (not in 300 units) in Syndicates, Simaris, OV/PoE miners' stock as well as increasing their amount in Sabotage caches? This encourages to play the game, to play the missions that people, otherwise, would've rushed through.

TL;DR: not addressing core issues and even escalating them has some bad long-term consequences. Just remember that initial Nekros release and then augments and more loot-frames is an actual lootball snowball of problems, not solutions. And attempts to reduce drop-rates or interfere with the mechanics that worked well so far is just simply putting sticks in your own wheels :sad:

Thanks for the clarification, and return of function. 

Suggestion: Raise the extra loot figure on Atlas' Ore Gaze augment to something comparable to the others to let him join the ranks of the looters, and have it grant a passive that awards him more stuff from resource nodes and mining. 

A middle ground could be to make boosters additive, not multiplicative. a 2x booster with a 2x boost from another source could give you 3x the result instead of 4x -Basically, x2 becomes "+100%".

As an example, it's a bit silly that a basic lens gives you 1.25% of excess affinity into Focus, but an eidolon lens (2.25%) coupled with an affinity booster (x2, total 4,5%) plus a smeeta charm buff (x2, for 9%) plus the convergence orb (x8, automatic in the ESO) yields 72% of focus into affinity. Couple this with a double affinity weekend and suddenly you're looking at 144% focus rate - you'll earn focus faster than you normally earn affinity. It's even sillier with a Lua Lens, which should stack up to 208%.

Archived