[DE]Rebecca

The Mod Booster and Free to Play.

Just add it to the market after his access ends in about 2 months and 10 days to make way for ivara since you just had to give mesa an extra 26 days till her access ended you need to give us ivara sooner now to make up for this so atlas will be about 26 or 30 days shorter to compensate for the extended mesa prime access

the only reason they reverted the changes is only the fact that it affected the usage of multiple frames back down to near 0 and a loss of booster sales= less money.had it not affected the  profits made  then they wouldn't reverted the changes.

on the mod drop booster, they've wrecked the chances of rare and needed mods dropping to near impossible it's not worth even mentioning.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I have a suggestion (and since I haven't read through all 8 pages, beg pardon if this has been mentioned previously), but why don't you just add this drop chance to the already existing drop chance booster? Resource Drop Chance Booster is easily the least desirable booster (with Credit Booster close behind), but mostly because we can't see its effect. With Resource Drop Booster, you can see the 2 morphics, the 2400+ Kuva from a Flood, etc. And with Affinity Booster you can see the 200 affinity from the orbs and you can see the faster leveling. But with Drop Chance it's more of "I guess it's working..." 

tl;dr: Put Mod Drop Chance into the existing Resource Drop Chance Booster and you will finally get players to be a little more interested in a booster that has been known as The Great Letdown. 

Edited by Thunder_Chief
Spelling
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, (NSW)Meko said:

Thx for your explanation.

As you mentioned, Mod drop chance booster will be added as an extension of Resource drop chance booster. Does it mean the Resource drop chance booster will no longer provide additional drop chance for mods? Or it never boost the drop rate of mods, only resources?

It didn't provide before and it doesn't affect endo drops either.

Edited by IceBen
Oof words be hard very

1) Can the mod booster be bought with plat? Just curious,as the rest can be. 

2) Don't shy away from mechanics and design that promote intelligent squad composition. It isn't fun to just run an inaros in every mission because nothing is really helpful, and he lets you sit there and not care about enemies. Thinking about how frames will interact, and how they synergize is much more interesting. 

3) Loot frames stacking specifically is also not a "forced" thing. There are many ways you can approach farming in a mission. Ivara, for example, is popular to steal loot from sentients. In resource farms, speedva, nuke frames can help process more enemies/second, which is a non loot frame way of getting more drops. You always have choice, and even in this care there are more options than it seems. Many just find pilfering hydroid + nekros easier. Personally, I never run hydroid cause I hate my enemies getting flopped around and hard to hit. 

Basically thanks for listening to feedback, and please don't take the approach of wanting to have every frame good at every thing. Encouraging intelligent choice and squad composition is good, and is something we should do more of. 

16 hours ago, V45H said:

but i didnt want the warframe lot abilitys to stack :c

Lol, imagine preferring frames (nekros, hydroid) to be somewhat impaired in their kit by having their augments not synergizing than having a team based farming again.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

When this Mod Drop booster launches with Prime Access, it will also be available for free: Sortie Booster Rewards are being refreshed to include a 3-Day version

SOOOOOOoooooo is DE also adding the Mod Drop Chance Booster (not the drop chance booster) to Sorties too?

https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html#sortieRewards

Credit Booster Rare (3.27%)
Affinity Booster Rare (3.27%)
Resource Drop Chance Booster

Rare (3.27%)

I only see 3 not all 4 boosters in the drop table. With the addition of this one it will be 4/5.

Edited by Zelmen
  • Haha 1

You deserve support for this.  I will buy some cosmetics today I think.

Thank you for being a beacon in today's growing darkness that is the gaming industry.

• Like 1

My 2 Cents:

Why not  just include a non frame specific mod that can be used on all frames (with overlap if multiple people carry it) and remove mod drop multipliers from the current farm frames and the space kitty; this way it will get the intended effect of not locking people down to specific frames to farm without hamstringing any mod farming abilities by reducing potential drop chances.

• Applause 1

13 hours ago, SwingKitty said:

Frankly the current booster are a bit over-doing it, and DE was the ones who took away stacking, don't act like this is an act of kindness by giving them back while adding in more monetization. Warframe has been successful enough that frankly they could do to remover some of the more egregious free to play mechanics, (boosters, 1 and 3 day long build timers) but adding another one is frankly insulting.

We don't have to buy the boosters frankly I'm not planning to buy resource boosters much anymore as I have no desire to play warframe a few hours every day or even a few hours every week.

The only problem I see with the booster being added in now that they reversed the loot frame nerf , asides for Ivara's prowl which is still limited to 1 after it's vaguely secret ultra nerf. The only problem I see is that it might drop the price of condition overload in the player market with it being easier to obtain. I don't recall it going higher either after the loot nerfs either Ivara or loot frames/mods. 

But anytime I see something being made eaiser to obtain such as Crafted Arcanes from Cetus being pre-built. Their community driven plat prices dropped a good 30% if not more. Magus Elevates used to sell for upwards of 45p, now I think it's half that if not lower. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

I only see 3 not all 4 boosters in the drop table. With the addition of this one it will be 4/5.

Because you're in a simple announcement topic, you're not reading hotfix notes. This is not live yet.

25 minutes ago, Magosian said:

Thank you for being a beacon in today's growing darkness that is the gaming industry.

Calm down, all they did was damage control in a time of great complaints. Never forget the initial intention that has most likely not faded and will be done in a different form in the future.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

i would like to have an option to buy it in the future from the store like other boosters, there is no real harm in it since players that do not have it will still benefit if someone with it is in thier squad.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Because you're in a simple announcement topic, you're not reading hotfix notes.

You're not understanding that this has been the case and I am trying to bring more attention to this issue. You are also not understanding that one of the boosters is not and has not been in the loot pool. To spell it out for you

1) Credit Booster
2) Affinity Booster
3) Resource Drop Booster (Missing)
4) Resource Drop Chance Booster
5) Mod Drop Chance Booster (Not out yet)

I am well aware the mod drop chance booster is not out yet. Please re-read my comment.

Edited by Zelmen

Second post, that I'll hope you will read Reb.

If you want to give players more choice, do not prevent synergy, but encourage them. Give more mods that yield additional loot. For exemple, a loot mod for Nidus which gives additional loot when an enemy with a maggot on then is killed. That kind of stuff. Give more options to farm with, rather than taking them away. With more frames having access to additional loot mods, there will automatically be more choices to get with.

• Haha 1

Ok this is nice.  Glad for the reversion, however can we still talk about the mod booster.

Can we take some of those rare mods and either: A. Just up their drop chance since often times the mob they drop from is already rare. or B. Add in more places to get the mod from. 

Example: 

Auxiliary Power: 0.17% drop chance from only Shield Dargyn not the Tusk Shield Dargyn, or the Shield-Hellion Dargyn and no archwing mission reward table. 

One of the other mods it drops

Galvanized Blades: 0.17% drop chance but also has chance to drop from Pursuit (4.74% Rot A), Rush (14.29% Rot A), or Sabotage (25.81% Rot A)

Ok sure you could say that a archwing flow should be rarer than an electric weapon mod. 

But then you go look at Flow and you get.

Enemies:

• Butcher 0.03%
  • Arid Butcher 0.03%
  • Frontier Butcher 0.03%
  • Tusk Butcher 0.03%
  • Kuva Butcher 0.03%
  • Bailiff 0.03%
  • Bailiff Defector 0.03%
  • Frontier Bailiff 0.03%
  • Drahk Master 0.03%
  • Kuva Drahk Master 0.03%
  • Hyekka Master 0.03%
  • Kuva Hyekka Master 0.03%
  • Drekar Manic 0.03%
  • Grineer Manic 0.22%
  • Infested Chroma 0.6%
  • Infested Mesa 0.6%
  • Tenno Specter 0.6% (not possible currently)

Other:
Orokin Tower Containers

Plus mission reward tables.

Can you see the just the weirdness of how some mods will fall off tons of mobs (sure at a lower drop chance but still) plus then towers and mission rewards, but a functionally equivlent mod will have a single low mob type to try to get and the mod from. Or of course sink tons of credits, and time in transmuting trash mods or just turn to plat both of which feel like a broom suggestion to sweep this issue under a rug.

(I specifically called out an archwing mod cause the booster would work there while looting frames don't)

It is a rare thing to find a developer who understands that sometimes the PERCEPTION of a change is more important than the "on paper" effect of the change. Better a happy community than a perfect solution to the prevalence of lootframes.

• Upvote 1

Nothing to say but thanks. For listening. for understanding, for doing what many others would never do. Thank you DE.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, (PS4)Shustas said:

I dont get it. You say its bad to get 8 growing power mods from apothics so you nerf loot frames. Now you want to revert back does that mean its ok to loot specter 8 times? Confused

They just said it's not okay to loot specter 8 times but since you've all *@##$ed enough you can do it.

Edit: Ah, I continue to be disappointed at DE's handling of this situation. They're not nearly as wrathful and petty as they have to be, much less have the right to.

Edited by Julian_Skies
Didn't read whole OP

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Edit: Ah, I continue to be disappointed at DE's handling of this situation. They're not nearly as wrathful and petty as they have to be, much less have the right to.

Edited by Julian_Skies
Didn't read whole OP, oops

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the clarifications!
This was never an issue to me personally, since it was a dumb concept from the start, paying for a Prime access just for 7 days of extra mods isn't that much of an improvement.
I hope this also serves as an alert as to how bad drop rates and the whole reward structure is, that this minor addition caused such a stir...

Edited by ReaverKane

7 hours ago, --Aegis--MR9 said:

Removal stacking of looting abilities was the correct decision. I dont think people uses farming frames to farm mods that much, there are more important resources than mods that drop from enemies. A mod booster shouldn't tip any sort of balance drastically. 

I think most of us regard the mod booster specifically as "useless" since any mod that's worth having that comes as a random drop is either extremely common or extremely rare. Just as an example:

8K4lcmK.png

Does anyone honestly think they'd notice an extra 0.03% drop chance added to their RNG? I doubt it.

Unnerfing the loot frames is the correct decision, though, because of the extremely bad optics that it created by "fixing it" right before they announced this booster.

well, my only problem was that ok,nerf loot abilities part BUT make all loot abilities being on the same level (same %) AND make frames viable outside of just being loot frame. So we could freely choose what to pick,nekros/catgirl/Hydroid - and so we will also have a reasons to play Hydroid WITHOUT just loot moments. Cause if u can take just one loot frame - why it will be hydroid? he is clunky, i would rather pick nekro and chill. And hydroid is uselss frame in any other aspect of the game. So, before loot nerfs balance % of loot skills between all frames and rework Hydroid. Imho.

This is what a good dev should do. Kudos! Though, the existence of Mod Drop Chance Booster will definitely boost Vodyanoi arena Endo farm, which puts Arbitrations in a bad position. If the rewards of Arbitrations are not good enough (I know we just had an update, but it’s gimmick and kinda meh.), all your Arbitrations reworks are a waste of time.