Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Mod Booster and Free to Play.

[DE]Rebecca

2 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

I don't think that's an issue, tbh, because Arbis are at least more fun than area while allowing a much broader selection of viable frames/weapons into it.

That’s true, but I believe the sheer number of endo you get from arena (especially now with double dipping reverted) will change a lot of people’s mind. Now, a regular set up with no god slash riven involved can yield 600 to 1000 endo for 90 seconds on average. The number will be more than doubled if the booster and double dipping is installed. Anyway, we’ll see. 

Another way of thinking of the value of the mod-drop booster:

If the mod-drop booster was only available via platinum, would you buy it over the mod you want to farm? You're buying a statistical better chance of getting it to drop; you don't have any guarantee that it will drop. You're better off at buying the mod.

Let's say it's in Baro's inventory. Is it worth spending your credits and Ducats on, or would it be better to wait until he has something else you could use (a different booster, a weapon you can sell for plat, a mod you can sell for plat). You're better off buying just about anything else from Baro if your goal is to have a concrete return on investment (again, the mod-drop booster doesn't guarantee that you'll get anything useful).

Let's say you get it as a sortie reward. Cool, it's free, but you got that instead of something else. You could have gotten a resource booster, a riven (that you could sell veiled or unveiled), sculptures (that you could sell or use for endo) or even a Catalyst. It winds up diluting the more useful rewards that you can get from sorties.

If mod drops were handled differently, then maybe there could be better value to the booster.

3 hours ago, Zelmen said:

SOOOOOOoooooo is DE also adding the Mod Drop Chance Booster (not the drop chance booster) to Sorties too?

https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html#sortieRewards

Credit Booster Rare (3.27%)
Affinity Booster Rare (3.27%)
Resource Drop Chance Booster

Rare (3.27%)

I only see 3 not all 4 boosters in the drop table. With the addition of this one it will be 4/5.

Because the update wasnt out yet. 

Mod Drop Chance Booster Rare (3.27%)

So let me get this straight, you guys have been planning to add the mod drop booster for 6 years, but waited till now after the nerf of the synergies on the warframes to add it, and now that the balloon kinda popped on your face, "its all gud bois, it will be free too, we had it planned for a long time"

Sounds like an excuse or an escape goat to me if you ask me.

honestly i don´t give a S#&$ to the new mod drop chance booster, yeah sure it sucks a little that the loot frame abilities get nerfed...

but let just be honest here, who gives a #*!% whether a mod has 0,02 or 0,04% drop chance?

and let us just be honest too, free way to obtain or not, there are enough ways to get free plat, the fastest via sortie award. A Rifle riven can be sold for a CO, so why even bother the "OMG P2W BLABLABLA" mod drop chance booster...

Overall thanks DE, but i think a lot of people just overreact...

Thank you so much for clarifying everything. You should probably have done that from the beginning but we're only humans, but I also think too many people are quick to anger and  negative reactions after every announcement without trying to get some answers first. I understand why you had to take a step back with the changes to the "looting frames" but I'm not too crazy about it because I enjoy variety in game play. I guess you were pushed into a corner with that one, or else the negative gamers would keep condemning your and spreading lies about your apparent "pay-to-win" changes. Gotta be honest, calling myself a gamer feels embarrassing sometimes. At least things here aren't nearly as bad as in other communities.

Keep up the good work, I'll keep having fun with the game and supporting whenever I can 🙂

22 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We’d rather make a decision that possibly lessens choice but respects precedent, than have players think the choice was related to a new booster, and actions speak louder than words.

OMG this.  Controversial design decision -> Bad timing booster release -> outrage/fear -> reverse design decision.  Amazing.

18 minutes ago, xMadOwl said:

So let me get this straight, you guys have been planning to add the mod drop booster for 6 years, but waited till now after the nerf of the synergies on the warframes to add it, and now that the balloon kinda popped on your face, "its all gud bois, it will be free too, we had it planned for a long time"

Sounds like an excuse or an escape goat to me if you ask me.

If you cared to read Reb's response last week you'd know they were already planning to have the new booster obtainable by playing. But I guess you didn't read and just wanted to whine about something without asking first.

While i generally hate the concept of boosters (you are paying in warframe because the acctual drop amount for stuff like kuver is utter s h i t) the new one reaches a new level of scum. While I am all for it that DE updates their prime vaults, and I want them to make a lot of money so i can continue to enjoy this game for free doing it like this is wrong. While now it at least doesnt affect relicts it still takes away that sense of fairness that everyone grinds the same amount and can`t cheat the system in a free to play. DE shouldnt become EA!
Another aspect that annoyes the hell out of me is, that even with my hate of this S#&$ty industry pratice I will buy this booster! 
Why?
Because the dropchance for mods is that so bad.
So how does DE think they fix it? Let them pay; instead of thinking of something creative (like paying some fans to make a prime-trailer) to boost sales or finnally fixing some of the horrible drop chances.

3 minutes ago, C104 said:

While i generally hate the concept of boosters (you are paying in warframe because the acctual drop amount for stuff like kuver is utter s h i t) the new one reaches a new level of scum. While I am all for it that DE updates their prime vaults, and I want them to make a lot of money so i can continue to enjoy this game for free doing it like this is wrong. While now it at least doesnt affect relicts it still takes away that sense of fairness that everyone grinds the same amount and can`t cheat the system in a free to play. DE shouldnt become EA!
Another aspect that annoyes the hell out of me is, that even with my hate of this S#&$ty industry pratice I will buy this booster! 
Why?
Because the dropchance for mods is that so bad.
So how does DE think they fix it? Let them pay; instead of thinking of something creative (like paying some fans to make a prime-trailer) to boost sales or finnally fixing some of the horrible drop chances.

If you want a mod so bad, there's the market and done with it. You know you can make plat with spending a dime, right? And putting DE in the same sentence as that money grabbing company? Sigh...

14 minutes ago, Yahzee said:

If you want a mod so bad, there's the market and done with it. You know you can make plat with spending a dime, right? And putting DE in the same sentence as that money grabbing company? Sigh...

DE aren't exactly innocent in some of their monetization stuff, but some are worse than others. Take the wins where you get them.

You know what, I agree with you issues with so few farming frames. I just feel your chosen solution was off. The nerf was a poor call. However in the latest Patch notes this list was revealed:

• Loot while alive: Ivara
  • Loot petrified: Atlas 
  • Loot on death: Wukong, Khora, Hydroid. An enemy can only be killed once, they can’t ‘die’ multiple times.  
  • Loot corpse: Nekros, Chesa

I like this list as it leads into a proposal for a solution to the lack of options.

Of these looters only two are inherently able to loot. The rest require a mod. Mostly augments. The correct solution I feel is to add onto these compatible loot categories and give more frames looter augments. Banshee could loot living enemies with her first ability and enemies frozen by Frost's snowball could become like Ore Gaze for Atlas just as examples. While these abilities have augments already I also feel looter augments shouldn't count against a frames unofficial 1 augment per ability rule. This would expand options for farming, shake up the meta and also add some level of multilayer synergy. Adjust loot chances per frame to try to minimize too many optimal choices and done.

I know I personally would love to use quite a number of frames when grinding resources and mods with friends.

9 minutes ago, squirrel_killer- said:

You know what, I agree with you issues with so few farming frames. I just feel your chosen solution was off. The nerf was a poor call. However in the latest Patch notes this list was revealed:

• Loot while alive: Ivara
  • Loot petrified: Atlas 
  • Loot on death: Wukong, Khora, Hydroid. An enemy can only be killed once, they can’t ‘die’ multiple times.  
  • Loot corpse: Nekros, Chesa

I like this list as it leads into a proposal for a solution to the lack of options.

Of these looters only two are inherently able to loot. The rest require a mod. Mostly augments. The correct solution I feel is to add onto these compatible loot categories and give more frames looter augments. Banshee could loot living enemies with her first ability and enemies frozen by Frost's snowball could become like Ore Gaze for Atlas just as examples. While these abilities have augments already I also feel looter augments shouldn't count against a frames unofficial 1 augment per ability rule. This would expand options for farming, shake up the meta and also add some level of multilayer synergy. Adjust loot chances per frame to try to minimize too many optimal choices and done.

I know I personally would love to use quite a number of frames when grinding resources and mods with friends.

Frost certainly doesn't need a looter aug. His augs are already good and I'd rather see less played frames get these kinds of augs--Valkyr, Nyx, Ember, Vauban, etc

Archived