Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Saryn Worth It?

EganMC

Question

I'm looking for a frame with very good survivability, one that can hold its own.

For certain reasons, I cannot use Frost or Rhino.

However, I've heard that Saryn has very decent survivability.

Yes, she doesn't have an invincibility mechanic or a globe of protection, but I've heard decent things.

Mainly, I'm looking for a frame that can hold its own with a large heavy weapon and cleave some enemies with relative ease.

Not talking about massive endgame here, but I'd love to hear your opinions.

I've checked the wiki, and viewed her stats.

She seems very tanky, with just a little armor revoked for more manoeuvrability.

My only problem now, is her abilities.

Is Venom worth it. It does about 60dmg a second for 15 seconds, so a total of about 900 damage is dealt quickly to a single target (unless shot of course), so would it be successful against large groups? Or is it a bit too tricky to pull off?

No problems with molt, nice ability.

Contagion, no problems either.

Miasma. Is this still useful endgame?

I mean, like every ultimate, it's damage. But can it still kill late game?

Does it retain or gain any utility and panic effectiveness?

Finally...

Does this poison damage skip the shields like the Toxic does?

Cheers.

19 answers to this question

Saryn, in my opinion, is one of the best frames out there.

Miasma is immensely damaging and ignores armor.

Venom is insane with a shotgun or auto rifle.

She has a helmet that takes her mobility above and beyond average.

She is sturdy.

Melee buff.

What more could you want?

Saryn Master Race.

i'm.... a little biased, though.

Venom is most useful against bosses, IMO. the damage output on trash mobs isn't very apparent unless they're at an insane level. but detonating the spores does surprisingly decent damage against bosses.

Miasma is useful in later game, it's damage output is always effective, and while it won't kill everything at super high levels (well, nothing does frankly), the poison damage is powerful against all types of enemies.

it also has a scripted stun, which i find very useful. 

the Poison doesn't ignore shields, unfortunately. but, on the other hand, shields in Warframe nowadays (on the enemies atleast) are a joke, the shield is about 3 bullets worth of damage soaking, so whatever. 

edit:

despite the issues of balancing that Saryns' abilities have always had, the powers and frame stats at concept level, make for one of the most well rounded frames in the entire game. 

Saryn always has something to bring to the situation. 

she's also the coolest looking thing since sliced bread, but that's only slightly subjective ;)

(dem Waist Boots and Arm Gloves)

as for Alternate helmets, the Hemlock helmet trades 23HP for much faster movement, and that 23HP isn't a big deal IMO. (it also is a perfect look for Saryn to me, so it's a win-win)

the Chlora helmet though, while looking fugly to me, has some stat errors that haven't been mended yet, for some reason. it actually increases power duration, which adds more damage to Miasma. 

ultimately, your choice. but Saryn has been my Warframe of choice since 7 days after her release. i have ~40m XP on Saryn, while the next closest frame, would be ~9m. 

Saryn 4 Laif

Edited by taiiat

Venom used to be a lot better, but would also set fire to your computer. Right now it's cheap damage I throw around when there are lots of bunched up enemies or right after I empty a magazine. Despite several fixes it can still be a little tricky to pop the bulbs on enemies without some puncture. Sometimes, not all the time. (the bulbs spawn in weird spots on some bosses)

Molt is by far my most favourite ability, even if at higher levels it does not last as long. It will save your bacon quite often and you can abuse enemy AI with it fairly easily.

Contagion is handy to have although to be perfectly honest I often forget to use it when I go melee happy. Sometimes I even swap the skill out, depending on the mission. If you like heavy weapon charge attack spam, Contagion is even more for you.

Miasma is still useful at higher levels, yes. On top of the damage, it will also stagger enemies.

Some nice responses here.

Venom is most useful against bosses, IMO. the damage output on trash mobs isn't very apparent unless they're at an insane level. but detonating the spores does surprisingly decent damage against bosses.

I see. So Venom is mostly situational. Got it.

Miasma is really her only great ability left.

Miasma is immensely damaging and ignores armor.

Miasma is useful in later game, it's damage output is always effective, and while it won't kill everything at super high levels (well, nothing does frankly), the poison damage is powerful against all types of enemies.

it also has a scripted stun, which i find very useful. 

the Poison doesn't ignore shields, unfortunately. but, on the other hand, shields in Warframe nowadays (on the enemies atleast) are a joke, the shield is about 3 bullets worth of damage soaking, so whatever. 

I see.

Good to see Miasma retains power and respect at late levels.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Looks like Saryn is my next team member.

Venom used to be a lot better, but would also set fire to your computer. Right now it's cheap damage I throw around when there are lots of bunched up enemies or right after I empty a magazine. Despite several fixes it can still be a little tricky to pop the bulbs on enemies without some puncture. Sometimes, not all the time. (the bulbs spawn in weird spots on some bosses)

Molt is by far my most favourite ability, even if at higher levels it does not last as long. It will save your bacon quite often and you can abuse enemy AI with it fairly easily.

Contagion is handy to have although to be perfectly honest I often forget to use it when I go melee happy. Sometimes I even swap the skill out, depending on the mission. If you like heavy weapon charge attack spam, Contagion is even more for you.

Miasma is still useful at higher levels, yes. On top of the damage, it will also stagger enemies.

Thanks for the post.

Venom is strong but dodgy, Molt is good and useful, so is contagion (for me anyway), and Miasma is still decent.

Cheers for the confirmation.

well... ill just say this.

saryn. master. race.

<3

Any frame with breasts that gorgeous is worth it, my friend.

rolling-eyes-icon-picks-1085394_133_133.

I see. So Venom is mostly situational. Got it.

well, it is and it isn't. Venom will deal good damage to enemies, but the damage output it has, means that against enemies you're still capable of dealing damage to, it's not that much bonus. but say, a lv300 Heavy Gunner, is pretty hard to touch, so if you throw a Venom spore on it, it's damage you can deal without having to worry about enemy scaling, unlike most of the damage types you have available to you. now, that was far, far more effective when Venom could stack. detonating 4 or 5 sets of spores at once did a very powerful amount of damage. 

(and i personally never experienced any issues with Venom causes performance drops, my performance was always the same, Venom Spores or not)

i kind've wish Contagion was a passive power, and would just draw like 5 Energy per connecting swing to constantly have poison on my melee. because as forementioned, i don't usually remember to use it. 

Contagion gets more than double the effective return on Charge melee's, unfortunately. quick weapons that are dealing say, 15 or 30 damage per hit, only get 8 or 16 damage in bonus. but 200 damage Charge swings, will get about 125 bonus damage. and with mods, these values will be more around 15 or 30 for quick attacks, and 400 damage for charge attacks. 

so Charge attacks get a sh*tload more damage boost, in terms of DPS. 

Edited by taiiat

molt is OKAY for now, before the molten skin of your saryn stays there until destroyed by enemies or if you create a new one, now, it's only for a short moment of time :(

Miasma is GREAT! especially used with stretch and Focus, you can seen them melting slowly and while their health is drained, also, best to use on crowds twice on high levels.

Not sure about Venom before, i only tried miasma and molt from my brother when I took it over for a while before the nerf and before i have created my Saryn. and it IS worth it, so yes :3

Saryn for the best slender body female frame. Nerf on venom is a pretty hard slap to Saryn, not as useful and effective as it was but still viable in high levels. Miasma is a great nuking ability but serves as a pseudo radial blind that damages(not really noticeable) and stuns high level enemies. The way you build her vary on the enemies of different range levels. But most importantly, Saryn's huge rack is an eye candy, really worth obtaining. 1000/10 rating.