Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

October 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

1 hour ago, Morthal said:

My Redeemer Prime Riven has 1.1 million Kuva invested so far. 
I've spent 14 million Kuva on Rivens in the last 2 years.
These disposition changes don't affect me.
Please keep making incompetent weapon stats and increase the Riven Capacity to match the overall weapon count (700?) 
Thanks.

Just wait until melee 3.0 finally comes out and they get round to nerfing melee rivens.

Redeemer and gram are gonna get rubico'd 

26 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Just wait until melee 3.0 finally comes out and they get round to nerfing melee rivens.

Redeemer and gram are gonna get rubico'd 

what about the zaws? it's gonna be a hellhole o.o" every zaw strike getting the riven nerf!

9 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Tonkor: 1.15->1.3

You do realize the Tonkor is at least on par with with the Plasmor now, don't you?

You're still doing things primarily on popularity, I see. :facepalm:

I don't know why I even bother posting in these threads, it's not like anyone will listen. Please, go ahead and keep buffing my noob tube.

3 minutes ago, Udoshi said:

Is Venka ever going to see a disposition improvement?

its disposition is still in the dumpster from nerfs prior to the new system. Nobody uses it anymore. Maybe worth looking at bringing up?

They aren't tweaking melee rivens at all right now, because they're waiting to see how the full version of Melee 3.0 pans out. Weapons like the Venka are likely to get a huge range buff and they likely don't want to accidentally overadjust.

...I mean, not that it really matters given how they balance rivens to begin with. But that's the explanation, take it as you will.

What really baffles me is why you change rivens disposition at all. 
The stats on rivens are RNG based in the first place. And changing riven dispo won't make bad weapons any better, nor it won't change meta weapons.
No one but no one will switch from Rubico Prime to Snipetron Vandal for Eidolon/Spoody hunts. Or as a general purpose sniper rifle, so to speak. Because in current state of the game Rubico P is hands down better than Snipetron V and unless your Snipetron riven is god-tier the rivenless Rubico P will still be better, it's just that good. Same goes for all sniper rifles bar Lanka(although it's clunky and unwieldy compared to Rubico P).
Same goes for the kitguns. No one but no one will ever stop using kitguns, because they're objectively better that the vast majority of secondaries in the game(and I do get your reluctance and indecisiveness about kitgun primaries, they will most definitely break, kill and bury already strained game balance).
Like, Marelok won't get any better with 0.05 dispo increase. It's just a bad weapon that people buy because they have more syndicate standing than they know what to do with. It lacks oomph some of its competition has. It's a status weapon with impact as primary damage type from IPS spectrum. For crying out loud, it's worse than Lato. LATO! Of course, I'm talking about Vaykor Marelok and Lato Vandal but still. It's worse than Pandero, it's worse than Lex P, it's worse than Magnus. You remember Magnus? Yeah, me neither. It won't get any better or see more usage with any amount of dispo increase. Because of the nature of the weapon itself as well as the RNG nature of rivens. If(if!) you get one you'll then have to spend a lot of kuva(and by extension time and effort) to roll something decent for it, just to make it on par with rivenless Lex P, Pandero, Lato V or Magnus. Is it worth the effort? No, it's not(unless you're a diehard fan of it that is).

Same goes for the whole list. And all lists before that. The changes you've implemented today and the changes you implemented earlier didn't break game meta, they didn't make MR fodder weapons any better or more appealing. People will still be using Catchmoons/Arca Plasmors/Tombfingers/Fulmins for Index, Rubicos for Eidolons and everything else what's in today's meta while avoiding anything that's not.

So the question remains, why do you still change riven dispositions? To balance weapons? But it's done by changing weapons' stats, not an optional RNG-based mod. To make less used weapons more appealing? But those weapons are less used for a reasons completely unrelated to rivens - they may be clunky, unwieldy, weak etc. To break meta and open new possibilities? But you won't because a lot of meta weapons even without a riven are better than non-meta with one(I'm looking at you, Fulmin and Bratons). To combat powercreep? But you're releasing weapon after weapon that are powercreep incarnate. Tekko Prime is a stark and most recent example of this sentiment.

But even if there's a point, riven dispositions around 0.5-0.6 usually mean that you're better off with normal mod rather than with a riven, because at that disposition rivens provide a lot less benefit than regular mod in exchange for a lot more drain than regular mod. Sure, if you're committed enough they will still have an edge over regular mod, but that edge will be nigh negligible. For example, Arca Plasmor had 0.6 riven dispo. Even then it was balancing on the edge between usefulness and effort required. Now it's worse. Sure, in my case it's still providing an edge over regular mod. But that's because I was committed enough and even then the edge is measured in 1k additional damage per shot. With how the game mechanics work it's nothing, a drop in the bucket.

So with changes like that you're basically devaluing players' time, effort and usually money they've spent. And for no apparent reason to boot. Thus begs the question: why bother?

So, yeah, I'm baffled, confused and disappointed. Again.

TL;DR Just set disposition to 1.0 for all weapons and let the community to sort things out themselves. We'll be fine.

What's up with all these complaints? If you're going to use a popular weapon, expect the riven disposition to be .5. If it's not, it will be. It's only a matter of time. Save yourself some grief by accepting that fact. 

Seriously, all .5 disposition weapons are great even without a riven and changes to riven disposition is not going to affect their popularity despite all the crying after every riven disposition update.

I was waiting for these, not sure akjagara needed another Nerf though. 

Pleasantly surprised that the list is small. 

Though I understand the objective of rivens is to level the playing field, but bad weapons are bad cause they have bad stats, janky mechanics and generic or boring use or a combination of them. Having better riven dispo will not save them much. 

I would like to take the reference of remnant from the ashes (yes they are different games with different playstyles but I am only referencing the gun variation), 

There are quite a few guns (granted they aren't as many as in warframe) but they are all balanced from a damage perspective very well and though one type might be more suitable for a situation you can complete the game with any gun. 

I doubt it will be as easily possible in warframe due to its terrible powercreep and equally terrible enemy scaling (base and Crit damage mods should be removed or nerfed completely and multishot mods should take bullets from the ammo pool to actually make level 100 seem tough), this may be a little too much change but could be something in the general direction for balancing. 

6 minutes ago, SugarRoll said:

What's up with all these complaints? If you're going to use a popular weapon, expect the riven disposition to be .5. If it's not, it will be. It's only a matter of time. Save yourself some grief by accepting that fact. 

Seriously, all .5 disposition weapons are great even without a riven and changes to riven disposition is not going to affect their popularity despite all the crying after every riven disposition update.

You are aware what an appeal to tradition fallacy is, right?

The system they're using to "balance" rivens sucks. We're not going to accept the system. You should save yourself some breath by accepting *that.*

22 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

You are aware what an appeal to tradition fallacy is, right?

The system they're using to "balance" rivens sucks. We're not going to accept the system. You should save yourself some breath by accepting *that.*

Good advice so this will be my last post. I'll follow DEs example and ignore all the crying.

9 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Woo... rubico gets nerfed AGAIN... yet no other sniper gets a nerf, seriously seems a little unfair.

Well it did start out as a 5/5 disposition. I suppose DE wants to cripple it down to lanka’s fallen disposition. Even though very few people use snipers outside of eidolons. Either way it’s still a bit disappointing.

Archived