Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

October 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

Really? Another nerf to Pyrana? it's been 4 times in a row now!

Also wth?! The zhuge prime is trash and you aggravate things by lowering its disposition as well...

Sincerely every time you guys touch lower dispositions I feel you're stealing from us with no respect in the time wasted in farming 1. the riven itself  2. the rivers of kuva needed to roll it to an acceptable state  3. the time cussing at RNG for 75 rolls of unusable stats in a row

Another nerf, and all I'm seeing her is salt. To be honest, even I am salty about this nerf. My personal belief is that instead of nerfing or buffing rivens, why don't they nerf or buff up the stats of the weapons, make them more fun to use?

I mean, compare pyrana prime and twin vipers wraith:

1. I run no riven on pyrana prime, my build still needs more forma and yet, it kills everything till level 110 within 5-6 shots (yes, no riven, correct elements, and well placed shots)
  2. Whereas, on twin vipers wraith, I have an insane riven with S#&$ ton of damage, but it still takes a whole clip of 40 bullets to rip one enemy. (rivened, elements and well placed shots, as much well placed as anyone can, and yes same level enemy)

So, why are we nerfing or buffing rivens when ideally, we should be doing it to weapons themselves so that people can use the other weapons as well?

My suggestion's summary would be to keep rivens like a buff+combination of mods, but change the default stats of weapons according to the use they receive from the community.

For anyone thinking why I am salty, I have 3 positive Tiberon riven which was nerfed twice: stats had electricity, crit damage and multishot

You should remember that quite a lot of unused weapons is so dark that even the most godly riven cant make them shine

DE should buff basic stats or at least add fun gimmic for play with it they want us to use it.

Honsesty, I dont think De made rivens for balancing. I think rivens are just made to make people grind their times. 

Zitat

Zhuge: 1.25->1.15

Yieks, I wished they'd finally change self damage for explosives in order to make those weapons more viable.... Nerfing already suboptimal choices certainly isn't a way to promote playstyle variety. The Zhuge was just strong enough that you might use it occasionally in non Arbitration missions if you were willing to bother tracking each single one of your automatic "stays" that might accidentally kill you, as well as enemies with projectiles stuck in them charging at you...

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Xenonthetenno:

You should remember that quite a lot of unused weapons is so dark that even the most godly riven cant make them shine

DE should buff basic stats or at least add fun gimmic for play with it they want us to use it.

Honsesty, I dont think De made rivens for balancing. I think rivens are just made to make people grind their times. 

Also riven changes only help people who have rivens with stats that are weapon appropriate. Then there's also the riven limit & expense to extend it to that stage.

Most people won't benefit from disposition changes for underplayed weapons - and once some of these becomes "worthy", they get so expensive that people might not have access either (e.g. Rubico Prime release).

You know, it's quite funny how everyone makes a show out of nothing, as if the nerfed guns are the only ones worth to get a riven

Each weapon has its own stats for a reason: the level cap. For those saying to buff certain weapons, making them better would mean less useful weapons for those who are new, yet highly useful for endgame, but who wants to reach endgame when all the weapons that had a certain potential were buffed and got a higher MR requirement? Don't tell me you would reach MR 2 and play with a Stug or a Kraken until you have the chance to reach for those buffed weapons.

Rubico itself got a huge advantage with the unique aiming bonus it has and its fire rate. A riven is merely an accessory for that thing, so people whining about it is a direct signal that their decoration just got a little dirt over it and it doesn't let them show it as a "hunt prize" to other players, or, show it with the shine it had once. (Oh, and for those who got a rash and say "we can't one shot anymore": You know you can pull the trigger more than once in a second (almost 4 times even), don't be that lazy, or use a Lanka, a Vectis Prime or a Vulkar Wraith with a riven, because yeah, the Vulkar Wraith has a lot of potential, and if you're not convinced you can ask for my build in-game)

Tiberon well... I'm not a fan of it, it may have hurted for some, but it is still a really damn good weapon, kinda too good for the gun with the highest critical damage multiplier on almost all settings except the automatic one, but that one is balanced with the fact that it has the second highest status chance and the third highest damage of all automatic rifles (behind the Panthera and the Buzlok, and on the same spot as the Boltor Prime, except that it has less fire rate than the Boltor Prime, but that is quite crushed by its bullet traveling speed, critical stats and its almost equal status, which is 2% less than the Boltor Prime). If you're really looking for a semi automatic rifle you better aim for the Latron Prime, considering that it even got a buff (which I love)

The Cyanex I'm kinda confused though, secondary shot got a nice potential and all that, but it isn't a commonly used gun (I may be wrong, but so far I haven't seen much people using it or talking about it as if it was some sort of status Sicarus), yet they did nothing to the Komorex (a boost would have made it more attractive than it is atm and would have made the nerf of the Rubico less heavy)

"Zhuge Prime sucks": Bud... have you heard of the Attica? Want a critical automatic crossbow with a neat disposition? Attica. Whining about adding the same damage of the regular Zhuge? Then use the regular Zhuge and that's it, as if its status and critical was absurdly different. I actually like the fact that you can control masses with the prime version with the whole explosive arrow setting, you can even set a lot more of status effects over a "cluster" of enemies and even make more DPS with the slightly higher fire rate.

Kitguns deserve the nerf, so there's not much to say there

Overall, I liked this round: more buffs than nerfs. I'm looking forward for more Rubico nerfs the future adjustments you may bring.

whut? does DE forgot there is a lot of old tenno weapons and never will get a prime? even a dammed buff?

god i love old weapons but they dont even bring ANYTHING to old weapons -_- 

they will never do a vandal or anything of ferrox javlok and i love both i even buyed harrow bundle just cause finally they created a skin for guns spears

seems you can only play with meta

welp at least they remenber they have a tonkor a small buff but is something 

2 hours ago, Ikusias said:

Really? Another nerf to Pyrana? it's been 4 times in a row now!

Also wth?! The zhuge prime is trash and you aggravate things by lowering its disposition as well...

Sincerely every time you guys touch lower dispositions I feel you're stealing from us with no respect in the time wasted in farming 1. the riven itself  2. the rivers of kuva needed to roll it to an acceptable state  3. the time cussing at RNG for 75 rolls of unusable stats in a row

The Pyrana can do almost 500K dps with headshots.

Also rivens are gambling. Maybe don't gamble.

The only weapon benefits from the riven dispo system is new-released prime version of the crappy weapon. We all know the example : that Father of the Swords

Gram had a high disposition set because the regular one was ignored af, then the prime came and it attracted the attention of everyone, and since the melee riven update won't happen until the Melee 3.0 system is implemented, I'd rather say you stick to the good stuff, because you'll see it all fall into the ground like shattering glass after that

12 minutes ago, Zinnfolie said:

The Cyanex I'm kinda confused though, secondary shot got a nice potential and all that, but it isn't a commonly used gun (I may be wrong, but so far I haven't seen much people using it or talking about it as if it was some sort of status Sicarus), yet they did nothing to the Komorex (a boost would have made it more attractive than it is atm and would have made the nerf of the Rubico less heavy)

Kitguns deserve the nerf, so there's not much to say there

Overall, I liked this round: more buffs than nerfs. I'm looking forward for more Rubico nerfs the future adjustments you may bring.

Actually, cyanex was somewhat popular. I've seen quite a number of players using them. The problem is that most of their reason for using it was not about how strong it is, it was about how fun it is to watch those homing bullets.

Actually, cyanex was somewhat popular. I've seen quite a number of players using them. The problem is that most of their reason for using it was not about how strong it is, it was about how fun it is to watch those homing bullets.

Huh... I didn't expect that at all. The only two feedbacks I got from it was from the nice DPS the secondary shot has, but that one is definitely new to me. Quite interesting as well

As someone who mains bows and crossbows I would like to say thanks for only nerfing 1 crossbow. I would also like to ask why you are nerfing zhuge, a crossbow that I many don't use because of the self damage it causes. If the self damage was taken away you can nerf the crossbow to heck and back and I might use it as AOE is a force to be reckoned with in this game.

While i'm out here talking about bows I would also like to state that I wish bows with varying versions (zhuge, cernos) had separate rivens for such versions and thus seperate mod dispositions. The zhuge and the zhuge prime have huge playstyle differences as do the rakta cernos and the cernos prime. I would love to use a zhuge that doesnt explode in my face but with you nerfing to the riven it affects the version that i prefer to use.

12 hours ago, Rachnera said:

they're completely busted, what are you complaining about
everyone and their mom uses a catchmoon

everyone and their mom drinks water. let's make it more expensive

everyone and their mom uses cell phones: let's make it more expensive

everyone and their mom plays warframe, let's make it payable

everyone and their mom uses........................ uses catchmoon, lets nerf it

What an argument !!!!

8 minutes ago, Zinnfolie said:

Huh... I didn't expect that at all. The only two feedbacks I got from it was from the nice DPS the secondary shot has, but that one is definitely new to me. Quite interesting as well

Same goes to akjagara i think. There are more than just stats for reason to use the gun.

Not as great as 1st tier demons but decent stats, cool design and firing sounds and that exist-but-enjoyable recoil makes me keep using it, and i think there are fans using it for same reason.

Da** it was my favorite gun‥

2 hours ago, CephalonSamara said:

Another nerf, and all I'm seeing her is salt. To be honest, even I am salty about this nerf. My personal belief is that instead of nerfing or buffing rivens, why don't they nerf or buff up the stats of the weapons, make them more fun to use?

I mean, compare pyrana prime and twin vipers wraith:

1. I run no riven on pyrana prime, my build still needs more forma and yet, it kills everything till level 110 within 5-6 shots (yes, no riven, correct elements, and well placed shots)
  2. Whereas, on twin vipers wraith, I have an insane riven with S#&$ ton of damage, but it still takes a whole clip of 40 bullets to rip one enemy. (rivened, elements and well placed shots, as much well placed as anyone can, and yes same level enemy)

So, why are we nerfing or buffing rivens when ideally, we should be doing it to weapons themselves so that people can use the other weapons as well?

My suggestion's summary would be to keep rivens like a buff+combination of mods, but change the default stats of weapons according to the use they receive from the community.

For anyone thinking why I am salty, I have 3 positive Tiberon riven which was nerfed twice: stats had electricity, crit damage and multishot

you need negative impact to make twin vipers to do some damage against armor

Archived