Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

October 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

1 hour ago, DebrisFlow said:

My aim was to make an auto-ironic Star Wars meme, i'm sorry you didn't get it, maybe i'm too old for giving out these references. I was expecting you to answer with something on the line "Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways...blablabla [gets chocked]". 

But I tried to imitate Yoda. I guess you have the upper ground.

I was astonished at how they kept nerfing the Catchmoon and sparing the Fulmin even though the latter was plainly a superior gun with rivens equipped. Now, we've come full circle. I guess we had to make room for the Acceltra being the next big thing. The only question is whether to save up for an Acceltra riven or wait until the next mainline update, at which point they'll release the Accelfmin primary, and nerf the Acceltra and Fulmin rivens to make way.

Everyone knows your just going to Nerf the ever living crap out of the Rubico. Why don't you just rip the band aid off and put it to 0.5? We know you will. You are just making everyone more mad nerfing it little by little every single riven change. Whats the point of investing so much time and Kuva? This is the wrong way to make people use other weapons IMO.

Every Time the Same Guns get Nerfed... Why
if De thinks those Guns are to Powerful... Why not just Remove the Rivens entire cuz in DE's Logic if something is to Strong it needs Nerfs
atleast my Lovely Tonkor got a Buff.. and there is a Reason why People use Stronger Weapons over Useless ones.. Cuz the Balance is at some Point just broken (Btw why not nerf Kuva Guards.. they use a dual shotgun with endless mag wich is Unfair cuz you only have 2 shots with the Twin Roga till reload... this isnt balanced at all if they Ez oneshot you at any range over level 80)
i can remember a Time in wich Riven Mods don't needed such Balance... but every 3 Months seeing only Nerfs on the Same guns.. yeah Catchmoon... i'll Make a Meme out of this Gun and Call it the (We Wanted it to be Released Op so we can F you up by Nerfing it all the Time)
Next Episode in Warframe: Adding Self Damage to Acra Plasmor,Catchmoon and Tombfinger.. Cuz it Explodes on impact

3 hours ago, Sdric said:

I still cry  myself to sleep about the one good burst secondary, Akjagara. The first nerf killed it already... and they hit it again... again... and again...

The community essentially gave DE permission to hammer Riven Disposition in rapid succession by complaining they don't get updated enough.

Now they're just going to hit the same weapons every 3 months and not accomplish anything but make people stop using the Riven on it.

I'm not going to stop using the best Semi-Auto pistol Tombfinger because of Disposition. I'll just take the Riven off.

23 hours ago, beaker_redux said:

Here's my rant about riven disposition changes.   

It's not about the specific nerfs.  I understand weapons like fulmin and catchmoon.  Very popular.

But let's talk about what rivens do:  they add damage.  

Why are weapons popular?  Damage? partly.  Just.  But also gameplay. 

• The fulmin is a silenced shotgun and a zero recoil aim bot in full auto.  
  • The Catchmoon has a godly hitbox, infinity punchthru, and infinite ammo.

Why don't people use the Quanta?  I have a godly riven for it +DAM/+CC.  It's sweet.  Thanks for the buff.  Still won't use it.  It's a very unsatisfying gun.  Know why?  It's WEAK.  And I'm not talking damage.  It feels like I'm doing cross-stitch with a tiny needle tracing through a pattern.

With the fulmin, it sounds awesome and feels awesome.  When I'm in full auto, I feel like Arnold S. in Predator cutting down a forest. 

This pretty much sums it up. I loved the Quanta and had a lot of fun with it... But at tee Endgame stage all it was doing for me was weakening enemies for other people to get the kills. At that point it's just no longer a viable weapon.

Since then I found the Arca Plasmor, which was a lot of fun, especially considering I never thought I'd enjoy using a shotgun, and I'm currently using the Fulmin, which I love. And for secondaries I'm mostly using my Pyrana build which I've invested time, forma, plat and kuva into getting just how I want it. 

But then along comes the nerfs, which undermine all the effort you've put into creating your build.

What bothers me is that I just can't see how these nerfs benefit anyone. It's not like I'm now going to go and find another secondary weapon to work on, because A) there are some crap ones out there, and B) it's just going to get nerfed so why invest that time and effort again? 

All these nerfs are doing is annoying your player base, making some people leave the game, and making Rivens as a whole seem like a big waste of time. 

16 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

everyone and their mom drinks water. let's make it more expensive

everyone and their mom uses cell phones: let's make it more expensive

everyone and their mom plays warframe, let's make it payable

everyone and their mom uses........................ uses catchmoon, lets nerf it

What an argument !!!!

false equivalence, what an argument !!!
everyone uses catchmoon because it is one of THE best sidearms in the game, it outclasses almost everything to a significant degree
having it's RIVEN DISPOSITION nerfed should not be surprising anyone
thing doesn't even need a riven to wipe the floor with almost every enemy

38 minutes ago, Rachnera said:

false equivalence, what an argument !!!
everyone uses catchmoon because it is one of THE best sidearms in the game, it outclasses almost everything to a significant degree
having it's RIVEN DISPOSITION nerfed should not be surprising anyone
thing doesn't even need a riven to wipe the floor with almost every enemy

true my catchmoon with 5 mods already had more damage than my 7 forma rivened aklex

arbitration drones used to be annoying. now they just go boom

what i really really dont understand though is the cyanex dispo NERF?!?!

i expected it to get buffed by at least 0,1 since as a pure status weapon it does have the proccs ofc but lacks damage to really support it, especially since it can not really headshot - projectiles dont seek heads but the body so headshots with cyanex are more accidents than anything. that means its damage potential is innately lower. why nerf its dispo ?! it deserves a buff, even considering the bounce to a 2nd target a nerf is not justified imo.

4 часа назад, Zinnfolie сказал:

Each one shall make their own research and adapt themselves to their own tastes.

I don't want to nitpick at your reply, so I'll quote this remark and write my answer to the whole post.

I do an extensive testing of weapons as soon as they arrive in my armory(probably that's how I've spent about 4k plat on forma alone) and I found a number of weapons that suit my playstyle. The problem being those weapons are generally considered to be meta ones. Or quite close to them, except for Strun Wraith - I've yet to see another player with it.

And here lays the big problem - I naturally want weapons I use most of the time to pack a lot of punch. Not only because I like to oneshot anything the starchart has to offer, but also because I like to stay for more that an hour in arbitrations. And, as you know, enemy levels ramp up rather fast there, so being able to dish out a lot of damage becomes more of a necessity. Sure, some weapons do just fine without any additional buffs a riven mod can provide, like Fulmin for example. But some weapons, like aforementioned Strun W, are one mod slot too short to truly shine. Cue rivens. And I'm truly dreading the moment DE will choose to "balance" Strun riven dispo.

My rant here is just me venting my frustration, because, while I don't have Rubico riven, I do have rivens for Tiberon, Arca Plasmor, Cyanex, Akjagara, all of the kitguns and some other weapons that were "balanced" earlier. Some of them were "balanced" quite a number of times already.

2 hours ago, Sharkgoblin said:

arbitration drones used to be annoying. now they just go boom

Catchmoon and lucky shots with launchers are the only weapons aside from melee that can hit Drones consistently. Right tool for the most absurd of jobs. DE makes brigade of invulnerable enemies that require punchthrough. DE forgets that 10 out of 700 weapons have punchthrough...fails to explain how the mechanic works in the first place 😐 

Can you blame us? I hate the catchmoon passionately but it's a must have for Arbitration.

38 minutes ago, Morthal said:

AKZANI sez:

wrong ric flair GIF

Re-read the line you quoted.

"a brand new fun to play weapon will always bleed value "

Akzani is not new, it's not fun to play. And it's disposition isn't bleeding value.

You didn't even bother engaging with my point. Which is that new fun/powerful weapons will have their disposition nerfed as soon as possible. Which is correct. You can count on it. If it's popular, it will get a downgrade.

7 hours ago, --Vampires_SE7EN said:

so DE is punishing us for invest our time and money into their game by nerfing every good weapon nice 😐

we need official explanation .......

DE has not nerfed any weapon. They nerfed mods. The weapon hasn't changed at all.

There is an official explanation, Riven Mods are late game re-balancing. They're meant to add power to all weapons, proportionate to their popularity. The less popular, the more power. It lets DE balance the stats of guns, without messing with the gun itself, leaving a gray area for the players to decide what stat bonuses they want. (By grinding Kuva, which is its own issue, but that's how its done.) If you think Riven Mods are there for the benefit of meta weapons that are already at the very top of the pile, there's your explanation. Rivens are not for the best of the best.

Piece of advice: Stop getting Rivens for Meta weapons and expecting them to hold their value.

Not sure what's going to be meta? Wait, and see... don't throw money at something volatile. Wait a while for the next prime access (they balance Riven dispositions every Prime Access) and see if the weapon gets hit, if it starts on a downward trend... it's popular. It may not hit rock bottom, but be wary. Not every primed weapon skews the Riven disposition as hard as Rubico and Tiberon did. Considering both of those had some of the highest dispositions of their class before they were primed. They had the furthest to fall, and they fell all the way. As a player with rivens for both of these guns, I get it, it sucks. But it's absolutely to be expected, and we all saw it coming a mile away.

3 hours ago, anfuerudo said:

I don't want to nitpick at your reply, so I'll quote this remark and write my answer to the whole post.

I do an extensive testing of weapons as soon as they arrive in my armory(probably that's how I've spent about 4k plat on forma alone) and I found a number of weapons that suit my playstyle. The problem being those weapons are generally considered to be meta ones. Or quite close to them, except for Strun Wraith - I've yet to see another player with it.

And here lays the big problem - I naturally want weapons I use most of the time to pack a lot of punch. Not only because I like to oneshot anything the starchart has to offer, but also because I like to stay for more that an hour in arbitrations. And, as you know, enemy levels ramp up rather fast there, so being able to dish out a lot of damage becomes more of a necessity. Sure, some weapons do just fine without any additional buffs a riven mod can provide, like Fulmin for example. But some weapons, like aforementioned Strun W, are one mod slot too short to truly shine. Cue rivens. And I'm truly dreading the moment DE will choose to "balance" Strun riven dispo.

My rant here is just me venting my frustration, because, while I don't have Rubico riven, I do have rivens for Tiberon, Arca Plasmor, Cyanex, Akjagara, all of the kitguns and some other weapons that were "balanced" earlier. Some of them were "balanced" quite a number of times already.

For your information. They don't balance Riven mods all at once, to avoid tanking the market on those mods. There is a maximum value that they can adjust a disposition for each balance pass. If something is on a downward trend. You can expect it to continue, proportionate to its power and popularity.

DE isn't going to balance Strun any time soon. Unless Strun suddenly becomes super popular and everyone uses it. But it's not going to. It's old. Its position in the meta is stable. Partly because, despite its power, it's not that fun to use. The reload mechanic is quite obnoxious for many people. If you love it? Have a great Riven for it? You should absolutely be safe in assuming it's not going anywhere. In fact, most guns are like that. As they've balanced Riven disposition on weapons, many have reached equilibrium for their power / popularity and haven't been in a balance pass for months. Did you see how short the list is this time? Most of the guns shifting are the super meta weapons, and the super un-meta weapons that used to be meta when Rivens were originally rolled out, and they've been slowly boosting them up.

9 hours ago, ByElooY said:

And finally we got the minimun disposition for the catchmoon, tanks warframe players we didi it, at least they won't lower it anymore, basically because it can't be reduced anymore. HAHAHA

Don't tempt them...they can always reduce it further if they think it's needed...soon the Catchmoon rivens will say +1% crit 😉

3 hours ago, Trentiel said:

DE has not nerfed any weapon. They nerfed mods. The weapon hasn't changed at all.

There is an official explanation, Riven Mods are late game re-balancing. They're meant to add power to all weapons, proportionate to their popularity. The less popular, the more power. It lets DE balance the stats of guns, without messing with the gun itself, leaving a gray area for the players to decide what stat bonuses they want. (By grinding Kuva, which is its own issue, but that's how its done.) If you think Riven Mods are there for the benefit of meta weapons that are already at the very top of the pile, there's your explanation. Rivens are not for the best of the best.

Piece of advice: Stop getting Rivens for Meta weapons and expecting them to hold their value.

Not sure what's going to be meta? Wait, and see... don't throw money at something volatile. Wait a while for the next prime access (they balance Riven dispositions every Prime Access) and see if the weapon gets hit, if it starts on a downward trend... it's popular. It may not hit rock bottom, but be wary. Not every primed weapon skews the Riven disposition as hard as Rubico and Tiberon did. Considering both of those had some of the highest dispositions of their class before they were primed. They had the furthest to fall, and they fell all the way. As a player with rivens for both of these guns, I get it, it sucks. But it's absolutely to be expected, and we all saw it coming a mile away.

man what do you mean?! i dont know meta weapons? im mr27 for god sake

and stop talking nonesense this is not balancing when you nerfing every good weapon why not just remove some useless stats from rolling a riven or let us choose  which stat we want so the stupid prices will break into much much lower there are rivens trading everyday for more than 10k plats and thats 350+euros for a simple mod ....

also what is up with DE? why not just nerf the rivens of a weapon upon release and be done with it instead of nerfing it every 3 months? players invest money/time/kuva on your terrible rolling system which is pure gambling (i can show you i rolled a redeemer riven 160times and still the stats are trash on it) and then you just nerfing the rivens and make their work and time spent worthless? i think  the rivens which is rolled should remain unchanged or all the riven should have  the same disposition otherwise this whole riven system is worthless and pointless

+ why a weapon get so much use and attention? its not because its op or anything its because its good and feels good to use and making the game more fun what is the point of these so called balance in a pve game?and they are not nerfing weapons because they are op they enrfing them based on the usage of the weapon which is so weird

Archived