Jump to content
[DE]Connor

October 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

Recommended Posts

On 2019-10-01 at 2:08 PM, Caliboom said:

Oh great, kitguns nerfed again, what a damn surprise.

No point whining about it, they're monstrously overpowered even without rivens.

 

At least this set of changes actually makes some goddamn sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question I'm asking myself is why are people putting so much damn kuva on weapon they KNOW will get nerfed.

It's not like those weapons even need a riven in the first place. Why aren't you rolling Daikyu, Zhuge, Zarr, Quatz, Glaive or weapons like that that are mostly underused and becomes incredibly strong with a good riven. Glaive has a 4/5 riven disp. Quatz also got a very strong disposition and is an amazing little bugger that can rival a Rattleguts easily.

I just... can't understand. You know those weapons are likely to get nerfed again and again, yet you waste all your kuva in them. It's IMO far better to spend kuva on weapons that are "good/very good but not exactly meta".

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Veiled Sentinel weapon Riven Mods can now be equipped on any Sentinel weapon type instead of a specific type (e.g. shotgun). All Veiled Sentinel Riven Mods are now "Companion Weapon Riven Mod"."

And we sure this is working as I've just bought Sentinel weapon riven from the syndicate, unveiled it and it says it specifically for the Artax only?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Explain why even nerfing something past .75 disp is necessary?(RIP pyrana/arca "they were just children, you monsters!") 

 michael scott no GIF 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-10-01 at 8:14 PM, ZarTham said:

They should just remove them.

I 100% agree with this. I called Riven mods a mistake to begin with, just balance the actual weapons instead (or make more syndicate-like mods that helps bad weapons).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, optical10 said:

"Veiled Sentinel weapon Riven Mods can now be equipped on any Sentinel weapon type instead of a specific type (e.g. shotgun). All Veiled Sentinel Riven Mods are now "Companion Weapon Riven Mod"."

And we sure this is working as I've just bought Sentinel weapon riven from the syndicate, unveiled it and it says it specifically for the Artax only?

Dude, just read it again, its says "Veiled" can be equiped on any weapon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DE regrets adding the massive power that are rivens, thats why they constantly get nerfed into nothingness on anything remotely popular, they are trying to teach everyone to stop caring about them so we wont care when they remove them or make them so trash that they are negligible against non riven mods thus not worth trying to farm/buy

 

i am so glad i never got into them as much as some people have, ive seen people lose thousands of plat thanks to a riven dispo change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Compared to how other developers handle balancing changes and nerfs, those riven dispo changes seem like the most sensitive way to bring stuff in line that 

I have ever seen. I quit Path of Exile after 5 years because GGG kept literally destroying every single "meta" build in the game.

The idea of Riven mods is exceptionally brilliant from this perspective.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-10-01 at 2:11 PM, ZarTham said:

I don't.

my Pyrana on the other hand -_-

Dude i know i had a riven that got the prime up to a 100 percent cc now its down to 88 cc

Edited by (PS4)Gaming-reaper690

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-10-01 at 7:17 PM, xHeretic said:

Rivens disposition are made on weapon usage, I can't understand why is so "surprising" on having riven nerfs to the most used weapons in game... 

DE have since stated they use the internal power rankings list to modifiy disposition now. It's not a global weapon usage modifier anymore.. if it ever was really, or just executed incredib ly badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Ghogiel said:

DE have since stated they use the internal power rankings list to modifiy disposition now. It's not a global weapon usage modifier anymore.. if it ever was really, or just executed incredib ly badly.

as i'vesid before, an "internal ranking" is for weapon usage and taking on consideration the weapon power itself, do you think DE is gonna sort millions of data o usage of weaons just looking on forums, reddit or youtube? Of course it will be internal data, so there is nothing new: Rivens have a disposition based on weapon usage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-10-04 at 12:00 PM, -Kittens- said:

You overpaying is entirely on you.

Because I'm all the sellers combined and I determine the bs 6k acceltrash rivens and so on? Not think so.
Plus, nothing justifies a repeated PvE nerf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Phyng0n1c_Official said:

Because I'm all the sellers combined and I determine the bs 6k acceltrash rivens and so on? Not think so.
Plus, nothing justifies a repeated PvE nerf.

Nah. Covering the screen in white in entire white blobs just to get the orange numbers is quite entirely on you. There's no point in the game where the plasmor or any subtype justifies it's existence as necessary or endemic to a specific enemy or game type. No effort, no work and no fun. Pretty comprehensive list of negatives. Nevermind

you voluntarily overpaying on a weapon type that doesn't need a riven, ever.

Edited by -Kittens-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Am 1.10.2019 um 21:09 schrieb Me.Church:

Don't worry. Despite it being fewer changes, it's still the same level of disappointment and confusion from the past times. I have come to expect this from the staff where riven disposition changes occur.

You know, I thought about doing another one of my 7-day kuva farms before the year ends. You know, spend alot of time playing Warframe.

But Destiny 2 is out.

D2 is out and its awesome. Titan shoulders fit trough every door now since we can put on ornaments 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Am 1.10.2019 um 21:56 schrieb danitot:

Rivens were the sustainable endgame for years.
I bet it was the only reason for a bunch of players to come back to the game, farm kuva and sink their time and effort to their hard earned rivens.

This is so true 100%. I still log in daily. Check for daily, if i can rush all 3 mission under 10 minutes  i ll do it. Otherwise im out.  Destiny feels more worth my time. 3k hours in each game spent

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-10-05 at 6:50 PM, _Connor said:

What's with this crusade to make every useful weapon riven useless?

I have over 60 powerful rivens on weapons that didn't get nerfed this disposition change, so I'd say there are plenty of useable rivens out there you just need to look at stats on non meta guns.  Akbronco prime being a great example of a gun that can tear stuff to ribbons with a decent riven heck even without a riven the gun is a sick condition overload enabler with just 4 60/60 mods, hornet strike, lethal torrent, barrel diffusion, and primed quickdraw or something to fill out the last slot.  Anyone use it?  I don't see it being used despite it being quite playable at all levels.  

Again, we were told this was going to be happening each prime access over half a year ago at this point.  So when disposition changes come to your popular meta weapons, why are you people surprised.  You're acting like rubico nerf was only 1% odds to happen when it defines the tricap meta for busting limbs on eidolons.  Or that no one was using catchmoon when it's a better arca plasmor with headshot multiplier that I see quite frequently in public missions.  Tons of people use these meta weapons, so they get nerfed to encourage you to find and use another weapon that can be better with a higher riven disposition.  I don't know how anyone can stick with just the same 5 weapons all the time, that sounds insanely boring to always take your plasmor/catchmoon/kripath/rubico/kitgun/zaw to every mission.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The riven system seems very problematic.

The way I understand it is rivens exist to make less powerful weapons mote relevant. This is done by looking at how much a weapon is used and buffing or needing rivens according to popularity. The popular weapons get needed and the weapons no one uses get buffed.

The irony here is some weapons are popular and useful strictly because of powerful rivens. Rubico is one of these. Before rivens no one used it. It has great riven disposition and became very useful. Then prime came out and it got more popular. But as it gets better over and over the popularity will drop.

Just like the tonkor and simulor which are so unpopular they are getting buffed, even though they were both considered endgame weapons at one point.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

The riven system seems very problematic.

The way I understand it is rivens exist to make less powerful weapons mote relevant. This is done by looking at how much a weapon is used and buffing or needing rivens according to popularity. The popular weapons get needed and the weapons no one uses get buffed.

The irony here is some weapons are popular and useful strictly because of powerful rivens. Rubico is one of these. Before rivens no one used it. It has great riven disposition and became very useful. Then prime came out and it got more popular. But as it gets better over and over the popularity will drop.

Just like the tonkor and simulor which are so unpopular they are getting buffed, even though they were both considered endgame weapons at one point.

Rubico is not useful because of rivens for it, rubico is useful because it's a crit weapon and where it's used crit is king (tricaps.)  The prime with just point strike hits 95% CC.  That's good enough CC, plain and simple.  5 shots out of 100 not critting doesn't really matter.  Now before the prime yeah it needed a riven because it's CC wasn't as high at base but with the prime it just doesn't matter whether you have a riven or not for the weapon.  People are damn obsessed with rivens on all their weapons for no good reason in some cases like rubico where it's just fine to run tricaps without a riven on your rubico prime and just stack on more radiation damage.  

Simular and tonkor got nerfed functionality wise a long time ago, I was there in the mirage simulor metagame and tonkor metagame where tonkor didn't self damage and hit like a truck while mirage simulor was the most annoying thing sound effect wise ever but it cleared mobs more efficiently then anything else.  The rivens are now getting buffed after being stuck at .5 for a long while because they used to be the best weapons in the game other then like synoid gammacor.  No primes were competing meaningfully with them when they ruled the metagame though outside boltor prime when puncture ignored armor completely and soma prime being the crit machine gun people loved.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-10-07 at 4:52 PM, xHeretic said:

Rivens have a disposition based on weapon usage.

They just don't.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xHeretic said:

Prove it then, I wanna know the truth.

 DE have stated player usage is not the only factor. They have stated they hand tweak the numbers.

DE have stated that both the detron and the kohm are higher use outliers, but won't change their disposition because it affects the power of the riven. They are demonstrably inconsistant currently and historically if assuming usuage stats are the only factor how DE balance dispositions. They also stated that the soma had a high pervalence, thus low disposition, but changed it because of it's position on their internal power ranking list, implying that power ranking is not the same as popularity.

 
 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ghogiel said:

 DE have stated player usage is not the only factor. They have stated they hand tweak the numbers.

DE have stated that both the detron and the kohm are higher use outliers, but won't change their disposition because it affects the power of the riven. They are demonstrably inconsistant currently and historically if assuming usuage stats are the only factor how DE balance dispositions. They also stated that the soma had a high pervalence, thus low disposition, but changed it because of it's position on their internal power ranking list, implying that power ranking is not the same as popularity.

 
 

So an internal rankig based on popularity and balance is wrong? Because in your own argument popularity rank exist too, where is the lie? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...