Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

October 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

5 hours ago, Ghogiel said:

Opinions on what DE does right or wrong not relevant to the point. I've simply pointed out that popularity and player usage is not what DE bases disposition changes on. They now use the internal power ranking.

They use both.  They've said this before, and after they said they have internal power rankings on weapons and that can also cause dispo changes people still take rivens way too seriously.  They said kohm and detron are untouched because their riven disposition is what makes them viable at all.  If you can't get 120% status chance on a kohm riven for example with 3 stats all those 3 stat rolls become absolute garbage other then to those people who love their -slash kohm rivens for simulacrum bragging about how fast they kill level 165 bombarbs/heavy gunners.  If they ever make a kohm wraith or something along those lines with higher status chance I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they nerfed the disposition afterwards because the new variant could still reliably hit 100% status chance before multishot with a nerfed riven if they bumped up kohm's status chance to 28%-30% status chance at base.  They aren't making a new detron variant however so it's likely untouched and honestly I don't see people use detron much.  It's used with one unpopular frame in mag to great effect but with basically all the other frames you're using some other secondary usually unless you really like mara detron that much.  

13 hours ago, xHeretic said:

Prove it then, I wanna know the truth.

Brakk's disposition

Venka Disposition

Hirudo dispotion

Sonicor disposition

Braton disposition

Boltor disposition

Tigris disposition (let's be real, you've never seen ANYONE use a T-Pain outside of dumb assassination metas like EPE or +armor, EVER)

weapon base mechanics matter as much as usage if not more, else the detron and kohm would be hella nerfed right now, and frankly the kohm should be.

6 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

unless you really like mara detron that much.  

The mara hits about the same as a strun wraith, which simply furthers the point versus popularity and utility/damage/meta, nevermind when the heat changes go through and MD with prime heat and 100% status via riven puts riven'd Boar Prime to shame.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb (PS4)sweatshawp:

Looking a my daikyu being untouched ❤️

wouldve surprised me considering its by far not the only bow u can use. actually, u can legit use nearly every bow and get supreme results, just a matter of actually trying/doing it instead of hyping.

8 hours ago, Xydeth said:

wouldve surprised me considering its by far not the only bow u can use. actually, u can legit use nearly every bow and get supreme results, just a matter of actually trying/doing it instead of hyping.

Best bow is daikyu man.

stat spread wise imo and the riven dispo is fat too

9 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

Brakk's disposition

Venka Disposition

Hirudo dispotion

Sonicor disposition

Braton disposition

Boltor disposition

Tigris disposition (let's be real, you've never seen ANYONE use a T-Pain outside of dumb assassination metas like EPE or +armor, EVER)

weapon base mechanics matter as much as usage if not more, else the detron and kohm would be hella nerfed right now, and frankly the kohm should be.

This doesn't prove antyhing, I mean data, not examples, data to justify your assumptions based on a few a weapons. I know they both matters. . Summarizing multiple data (based on weapon usage + balance) isn't the same as saying "riven disposition based onw eapon usage is a myth", because I need real proof (hard data) on that instead assumptions based on anecdotal situations

4 hours ago, xHeretic said:

This doesn't prove antyhing, I mean data, not examples, data to justify your assumptions based on a few a weapons. I know they both matters. . Summarizing multiple data (based on weapon usage + balance) isn't the same as saying "riven disposition based onw eapon usage is a myth", because I need real proof (hard data) on that instead assumptions based on anecdotal situations

The only person here making anecdotal assumptions is you. There an asston of interviews and video audio clips going over rivens by scott and steve both, the person needing to provide proof is you because the direct contrary has already been made public knowledge, four years of actual in game usage kinda completely obviates your semantic whataboutism, up to and including two weapons left out of the changes instead of being set in a special queue where the attribute range on exactly one attribute could be locked. The Kohm doesn't even need to be locked; while it doesn't own spike (tigris) or burst damage (phage) it is far and way in a category by itself relative to overall sustained damage with or without a riven, same as the Catchmoon, there isn't any other weapon in the same class even kind of close.

2 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

The only person here making anecdotal assumptions is you. There an asston of interviews and video audio clips going over rivens by scott and steve both, the person needing to provide proof is you because the direct contrary has already been made public knowledge, four years of actual in game usage kinda completely obviates your semantic whataboutism, up to and including two weapons left out of the changes instead of being set in a special queue where the attribute range on exactly one attribute could be locked. The Kohm doesn't even need to be locked; while it doesn't own spike (tigris) or burst damage (phage) it is far and way in a category by itself relative to overall sustained damage with or without a riven, same as the Catchmoon, there isn't any other weapon in the same class even kind of close.

Still any data 🤷‍♂️

vor 14 Stunden schrieb (PS4)sweatshawp:

Best bow is daikyu man.

stat spread wise imo and the riven dispo is fat too

right, these are the only factors to determine a great weapon. stat spread isnt even great and riven dispo is 1,3....paris has the same, muta cernos hase 1,35. the only ones lower are lenz with 0,9 and dread 1,2 and cernos 1,15 so thats not really an argument for daikyu over the others. seems like heavy hype and bias to me.

10 hours ago, Xydeth said:

right, these are the only factors to determine a great weapon. stat spread isnt even great and riven dispo is 1,3....paris has the same, muta cernos hase 1,35. the only ones lower are lenz with 0,9 and dread 1,2 and cernos 1,15 so thats not really an argument for daikyu over the others. seems like heavy hype and bias to me.

I love how sensitive you guys are it’s fun 

Rather just get a good dread riven over a daikyu one, the daikyu needs a fire rate mod while the dread does not and dread will get slash procs without a -puncture riven thanks to hunter munitions and having such high base slash and decent status chance.  Not to mention almost any riven for dread will enable automatic orange crits if it has CC on it.  Really don't get the hype over daikyu at all.  

1 hour ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Rather just get a good dread riven over a daikyu one, the daikyu needs a fire rate mod while the dread does not and dread will get slash procs without a -puncture riven thanks to hunter munitions and having such high base slash and decent status chance.  Not to mention almost any riven for dread will enable automatic orange crits if it has CC on it.  Really don't get the hype over daikyu at all.  

Daikyu after the buff is guaranteed orange to red Crits as well. And you can easily get slash over puncture with a slash mod. I personally don’t mind the long draw time but you can use frames like wisp volt etc to negate that. Overall it has higher dmg and a slightly better stat spread then the dread 

3 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Daikyu after the buff is guaranteed orange to red Crits as well. And you can easily get slash over puncture with a slash mod. I personally don’t mind the long draw time but you can use frames like wisp volt etc to negate that. Overall it has higher dmg and a slightly better stat spread then the dread 

You aren't getting 200% CC even with a 2 positive 1 negative daikyu riven, and you're doing less damage if you're equipping a fire rate mod and a fanged fusillade to boot doesn't increase the amount slash ticks do just increases the amount of overall slash procs you'll get when the dread just gets it innately.  We also don't like being shoehorned into specific frames to make the weapon work well at all like volt or wisp what happens if you decide you want to play vauban or something else.  

56 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

You aren't getting 200% CC even with a 2 positive 1 negative daikyu riven, and you're doing less damage if you're equipping a fire rate mod and a fanged fusillade to boot doesn't increase the amount slash ticks do just increases the amount of overall slash procs you'll get when the dread just gets it innately.  We also don't like being shoehorned into specific frames to make the weapon work well at all like volt or wisp what happens if you decide you want to play vauban or something else.  

You don’t need a fire rate mod to use the daikyu however. The weapons design is meant to be like that and the damage output far surpasses that of the dread. Also If slash is over puncture it’s more likley to proc. While you can’t get %200 with a riv you can reach well over that with a vigilante set and hit red crits. As well as stack it with a Kavat of your choice. Not to mention the daikyu can outperform the dread in eidlyons.  And it’s sheer higher damage output can kill higher level enemies. It sustains better from my testing with and without a riven. A lot of players just don’t like the draw time and that’s okay. But the stat spread is forgiving and it’s utility is amazing if you put time into it. It’s not a one forma and done weapon like most of the community prefer. Personally putting 3+ forma into the weapon it surpasses any bow in the game 

rattleguts nerfed again! i had 150% -ish crit chance on my rattleguts and it use to outdo the tombfinger with no  crit riven, but primed crit mod (which set it to 102% crit chance -- one from the top. obviously higher if you got the 10th rank on the primed crit mod -- but 102% at rank 9).

then it got dropped to 140%ish crit chance -- nerfed

NOW ITS SITTING AT 120% CRIT CHANCE -- ARE YOU SERIOUS DE. 

I CAN'T EVEN SELL THE RIVEN ANYMORE -- granted i never wanted to, i earned it -- ITS COMPLETE GARBAGE NOW!

I have to use hydraulic crosshairs now on my build if I even want to see a red crit. Less damage on my rattleguts now for decent crit chance. And even with hydraulic crosshairs w/the riven, I very seldom see those red crits. Granted, i took hydraulic crosshairs off after using it to try and get my consistent red crits back. 

My 7 forma'd rattleguts use to dominate the teralyst(s). It use to be great for the orb mother(s).

Now, I don't know if its borderland great or just something that's going to eventually turn into garbage and unreliable in the future.

(before anyone asks, i had roughly 3k-5k damage split betwen IPS and elemental damage on my rattleguts. combine that with a 150% -- now 120% crit chance and a 4.5x crit mutliplier. You got a fully automatic star destroyer in the palms of your hands. Not to mention, chroma prime. How did this use to outdo MY tombfinger? I had, still don't have, not gotten a crit riven and I never got off my butt to bother about getting the final rank of the primed crit mod for pistols. I've always kept it at rank 9/10 mostly because I DO NOT feel like going through my entire arsenal of sidearms, forma'ing them all roughly 1-5 times just so I can get that final rank and also keep all of my builds practically the same.)

So ive read a lot of the "this is funny" comments. You talk S#&$ to others that hate riven nerfs but do YOU use a lanka in regular mission? Do you care about your precious kills in pub? You love when S#&$ gets nerfed till its your favorite weapon or frame. You people don't know S#&$ about balance.

Rivens are pointless. I want back the time spent rolling my lanka riven. You know that weapon thats sooooooo OP you see it in every mission right? RIGHT? Idiots. 

I really feel like riven disposition needs to go away, and be weighted purely on the weapon's quality and functionality compared to lower weapons. This would be to help lower weapons use rivens to bridge the quality gap, while allowing rivens to exist for higher quality weapons as a way to add variance and functionality but not completely overwhelm other weapons. 

I'd also like to see a Sacrifice Upgrade system, where I can take any property from any poorer riven I own, and some kuva, and destroy that riven to replace an existing riven's property. It would still be weighted to disposition or other balancing, but this lets me burn poorer rivens to augment meaningful ones with specificity, as well as giving another avenue to get rid of an excess of rivens that built up from doing daily sorties for a year. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-10-01 at 5:51 PM, TyrannisPax said:

No, people with common sense get annoyed by them. Discounting everyone who is annoyed as just "meta slaves" who are incapable of using anything else is both immature and idiotic in the extreme. Either engage in the argument properly or keep your mouth shut.

"Im very excited now!  OOOOOh the anticipation"....maybe you should relax my little twinkle bell, triggered much?  Catchmoon is meta yes? (was).  Plenty other weapons to use as powerful/more powerful, cry over a nerf, really?  Meta slaves exist in this game, so do non aim players.  I have used the Rubico/Redeemer/Pyrana waaaaaaaay before they were primed, a buff was a welcome thing, when those got nerfed except for the redeemer so far, no problem, still good to use, others too.  No rant/crying in the forums heh. Take your pills man,relax.

Yes, im talking about rivens.

DE never consider the interest with respect to the riven system in this new melee update. In effect, I highly doubt that DE deliberately designs the new system to make a particular major part of high-tier rivens obsolete so they can sustain the dynamic environments and raise the revenue.

As the end-game RNG system, riven system costs the most time and namely most resources for players. It also acts the most effective stimulator of internal purchase: If u got 10000 plats, u will be able to afford a complete series of primed frames, all luxury skins and most frequently used mods. But 10000 is just the price of a true god-roll riven of popular weapons. People who choose to buy one, have to acquire plats either by using real money, which means great expenditure even with 75% discount or by spending enormous time farming or selling items. People who choose to roll the rivens themselve, unless extremely lucky, have to exhaust their energy and valuable time to get ideal stats. Regardless of which way people choose, a good riven costs them pretty much. Nonetheless, the output that condenses mountains of effort can be easily ruined in one night.

In the phase 2 melee rework,  DE changes the formula used to computing final cc and dmg. Particularly, that makes Blood Rush a 660%(11stacks) true steel and Condition Overload a 460% pressured point (3 status proc, which most melee weapons can easily achieve). What's the aftermath? The rivens with critical chance and dmg stats on them that used to be the top priorities now become nothing but trash due to the huge marginal effects.  If they just want to nerf the upper limit of melee dmg, there are multiple alternatives, for example, simply lower the values per stack. But DE decided to choose the most strange way, a way that kills the rivens precisely.

I like melees, Melees are the major reason why i entered this game. Frames and Guns are cool, but the grand melee system with so many amazing stances is unique cant be found in other similar games like borderlands (its a truly nice game though, especially in balancing numbers). For this reason, I spend almost all the second half of my 2300 hrs gaming time chasing those high-tier rivens. Actually, in steam summary, my gaming time is 4900hrs and this huge difference is the searching costs of these precious stuff. As I mentioned before, players either buy or roll. I choose to buy and that costs me many many plats. To acquire these plats, i did both, on one hand, i farmed and selled arcanes by conducting more than 2200 hydro caps; on the other hand, i put considerable amount of money into this game. I attached part of my charge records at the end of this post.

The reason why I list these my personal stats and post these images is to show u how much a player have to pay to get these items.

That is much Time and a lot of Real Money and I am NOT THE ONLY ONE who spent that much. 

Players like me are actually feeding DE but for some ridiculous and hypocritical reason named "balance‘, we suffered the greatest losses from one update to another.

---Too many people using catchmoon, fine, firstly nerf its riven dispostion to cut its dps then nerf its range. *further nerfs coming soon" untill it becomes complete trash that no one use. I bought a dmg/cc/ms-zoom catchmoon half year ago in 9000 plats and now it's worth 2000.

---Tiberon has the most brilliant dps in rifles, good, continuously nerf its disposition for nearly one year. I spent 6000 plats on a god-roll crita-visican -ammo max and now its worth half.

Rubico/Opticor/Sicarus/Rattleguts/ Plasmor/ Amprex/ Pyrana/Lanka/Stradavar/Astilla..... Cant count how much I lost since the riven disposition adjustment of "balance" began.

But till there, It is still OK. It is still acceptable.

But WTF is this so called Melee 3.0 ? Is it really for the "balance" or just an funny excuse for DE to destroy someone's melee riven collections?

I've been told the legend story of how a group of respectful players named Founders saved DE from the edge of collapse. From that I truly believed that all DE's work and adjustments will be based on an equal customer-seller relationship.

But now all I feel is that DE is a fisherman and we players are fish waiting to be caught. DE designs a fishing net with appropriate holes that big, fat and stupid fish like me with much fresh meat supply will be caught.

Instead of protecting the customers who pay you, you actually cut out fresh from them. I actually feel more sad than angry when I realize this. That type of feeling is similar to getting ur child murdered by someone who you trust most.

Im a nonnative English speaker and I wish my poor language can picture how depressive I am since this biggest update of 2019 has launched.

Archived