Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has there ever been any significant improvements to host migration?

Frendh

27 minutes ago, (NSW)Edcaous said:

You resorting to labeling and name-calling doesn't mean I don't agree with you any more. It just makes you look pathetic poorly in front of others. My bad, I thought everyone knew this. It also didn't help that I just came from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DryCk_uIsik.

I get what you are saying, but you have to realize that some people come to the forum pissed off about something that happened in the game and they use the forum to among other things, "blow off some steam" about what just happened

I can understand the anger and frustration, but instead of fueling the fire, perhaps next time it's best just to let it go and not mention it

Edited by BlackVortex
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I already asked, and they called me a White Knight. Just so you know what you're getting into.

Thanks for the heads up, but I was just asking questions to troll. 
I would love it, however, if anyone here knew anything about how mutiplayer internet works to actually explain how Warframe could be better. I’m sure DE would be interested too.

3 hours ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

Thanks for the heads up, but I was just asking questions to troll. 
I would love it, however, if anyone here knew anything about how mutiplayer internet works to actually explain how Warframe could be better. I’m sure DE would be interested too.

Aye. I'm always up for suggestions on how to make the game better for everyone, but most of the complaints tend to amount to little more than angry ranting (Note: If you've actually brought evidence/qualified your opinion, this isn't directed at you), which is ultimately not all that useful on anything other than a census level.

• Like 1

Just to add my experience so far. I've only been playing for 4 months or so now, but I have noted that I have long host migration lag only when entering or leaving Fortuna.

Otherwise the host migration isn't usually too bad. Cetus can lag a little long too, but not as much as fortuna and orb valis.

When accepting a mission or returning from a mission. Others can join or leave the group and enter or leave fortuna, but I'll still be standing there for up to a full minute at the longest, before the session will change and the doors open for me.

My internet connection is pretty good, wired connection, I work remotely from time to time without issue. Never have any serious lag from amazon prime video, netflix, youtube, or playing Eve online, titanfall 2.

20 hours ago, (XB1)OneNastyNupe said:

And you continue you to reply, as if you are teaching me this lesson that I continue to miss.   You are really putting me in my place, thats for sure!  Right on! You must be one of the white knight shills I refer to, since it has apparently struck a nerve.  Sad!

...You seem a lot more triggered than I am right now. Also, you go from sarcasm to seriousness so quickly that its difficult to take you seriously... 

21 hours ago, (XB1)OneNastyNupe said:

Go watch more  youtube videos and let the grownups talk in peace.  I don't give a damn how poorly I look to some random forum poster.

Okay, grown-up.

21 hours ago, (XB1)OneNastyNupe said:

Moving right along, the discussion was basically dead until you came in here with your self-righteous finger wagging. Move along. 

I think you mean move-on... but I don't think the general idea of this sentence was true either. Perhaps we both need to move on.

20 hours ago, BlackVortex said:

I get what you are saying, but you have to realize that some people come to the forum pissed off about something that happened in the game and they use the forum to among other things, "blow off some steam" about what just happened

I can understand the anger and frustration, but instead of fueling the fire, perhaps next time it's best just to let it go and not mention it

This is good advice, I guess. In hindsight I think it probably wasn't worth the time I put into it.

• Like 1

On 2019-10-01 at 8:18 PM, Frendh said:

Has there ever been any significant improvements to host migration? I cannot remember how often host migration would take my loot in version 7, but I still frequently get frustrated because failed host migrations or some other directly migration related problem takes my stuff. Judging, unfairly,  by my fading memory I have not noticed any improvements.

I really enjoy doing long runs. But before every long run I have to ask myself, how angry will I get when I lose all the loot? Then decide if I consider it worthwhile or not.

I confirmed it just now with a count on my omega isotopes. Failed host migration did not let me keep any.

Actually, there has been a improvement in host migration in my experience.

For instance,If I lose my net connection to the host, I will get migrated to the session where I become the host till my net resumes back which is definitely quite a big improvement and something I was completely oblivion about until now.

However, I've not faced any failed host migration since transitions has been smooth for me whenever I came across in an unpredictable manner. 

Edited by IIWingSaberII