dwqrf

Sand of Inaros replayability ? (Codex Hunter)

Question

So, i'm trying to complete my codex to 100% ; realizing now that some entry are not even present in the list, like the three tomb protector (in unaffiliated) from the sand of Inaros quest.

And here is the issue : Seems like you can't replay this quest. Okay, this isn't the first quest not replayable ; but this quest has a blueprint, from Baro, which can be traded between players ; so i'd figured, I only need to buy a bp to replay the quest ! (No, i didn't buy it.) Some people told me it still isn't replayable even with a crafted bp...

So I tried to find some ways to re-access the tomb; some other post suggested to group up with people doing the quest for the first time, while equipping the old urn I've already gotten. Would that work ?

9 answers to this question

Yeah, your best bet may be to just join someone going through the final stretch of the quest with the urn equipped in you gear tab.

Don’t think re-buying the quest bp will allow you to replay.

I wish this would get addressed. I have an extra bp from baro, and can't put urn on my gearwheel, as I used for a decoration. I want to replay it because I liked the quest, and nothing will let me do so. 

If you want to visit the tomb again your best option (in my opinion) is to try and get yourself the tomb captura scene... If it's about the quest experience you're probably going to have a hard time finding anyone playing it.

Sorry dude! 😞

So, by pure coincidence, I joined a twitch stream at the moment someone was about to finish the sand of inaros quest, so I asked about trying to join his game for the scans. We couldn't launch the game without the urn equipped, but I could get back my old dusty urn from my ship's decoration, equip it again, and launch without issue.

We reached the boss room of the last part of the quest and I sucessfully scanned the Tomb Protector Effigy and the Tomb Protector. Now... I still miss the mid-quest Tomb guardian to scan... So I have to ask randomly here : anyone doing the quest by now ? 😄

5 hours ago, dwqrf said:

So, by pure coincidence, I joined a twitch stream at the moment someone was about to finish the sand of inaros quest, so I asked about trying to join his game for the scans. We couldn't launch the game without the urn equipped, but I could get back my old dusty urn from my ship's decoration, equip it again, and launch without issue.

We reached the boss room of the last part of the quest and I sucessfully scanned the Tomb Protector Effigy and the Tomb Protector. Now... I still miss the mid-quest Tomb guardian to scan... So I have to ask randomly here : anyone doing the quest by now ? 😄

How did you get the urn back? Even if I remove it from the ship, I never get the option to equip it on the gear wheel.

Posted (edited)

I don't know, I had it in the list of selectable items of the gear wheel, named "Sacred Urn x3". After removing it from the ship's decoration, of course

Edited by dwqrf

4 hours ago, dwqrf said:

I don't know, I had it in the list of selectable items of the gear wheel, named "Sacred Urn x3". After removing it from the ship's decoration, of course

Sigh tried again and nothing.

When I didnt have any scans of the Guardian and Tombs guys, My sacred Urn was still equippable in my inventaroy named "Sacred Urn X3". Since I got taxied to the last part of the quest, and scanned the two Tomb guys (still missing the Guardian), my urn became "Sacred Urn X1". I'd suspect you can keep getting taxied into the quest for as long as you didn't finish all codex entries. That's maybe a bit far strectched, but it seems logical to me.