Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Prime: Update 25.8.0 + 25.8.0.1

[DE]Megan

I see good drop  Meso  Interception on Ceres/Cinxia - give more MesoD4,E3 and some  Meso W1,Lith L2

Recommend for Solo:don't use boosters =endo  and mods

use Banshee Prime   

-1,2 round maybе give trash 

9 relics 

Ceres-Cinxia.png

11 round   -2 trash

Meso-relic1.png

Would be nice to see atlas get some love, considering how this is (quite likely) his last time in the spotlight. 

His Passive, while cool, still feels massively limited compared to what it could be. 1.5k armor simply isn't enough for a warframe whose shtick is supposed to be that of a ''titan'' or ''living mountain'', and the fact that its healing capabilities are so meek really don't help it too much, nevermind the fact that healing means you don't get any extra rubble. 

His 2 and 4 feel very old and out of date, and simply don't have much of a place in the current, faster-paced game warframe has become. They lack utility, damage and any ''fun factor'', and feel like a bit of a waste considering how they really don't do much at all. 

The ultimate barely feels like one at all, and most people really only use it to quickly generate a lot of rubble (albeit at high energy costs). Besides, they really don't need to have both a duration AND a health pool, considering how mediocre their damage already is. 

As it stands, wukongs FIRST ability is a thousand times better than atlas' 4, and that really doesn't seem right. Nerfs are the last thing I'm asking for (please for the love of God don't), but atlas really, REALLY needs some adjustments. 

Can't help but notice that Atlas prime, himself, stands out the least here. The other things here are pretty good. But uh, you sure his kit - as it is right now - is really presentable for the prime limelight? 

Really? Axi relics on all Disruption mission with 4% drop chance? 
Why not in C rotation:
Mars - Lith
Jupiter - Meso
Uranus - Neo
Kelpie - Axi?

4 часа назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

A 3-Day Mod Drop Chance Booster has been added in the following places:

• Baro Ki'Teer to his offerings over several visits during Atlas Prime Access
  • In place of the Sortie Credit Booster reward.

Something wrong. I was get it after update
mAj7skM.png

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • New Axi Relics for Atlas Prime, Tekko Prime, and Dethcube Prime now also drop in Rotation C of Galleon Disruption, Lua Disruption, and Jupiter Disruption.

Warframe Looting Ability Changes:
Warframe Loot Abilities will again be able to yield multiple-drops from already looted corpses. A single enemy can be looted by at most one Ability from each group - which is how it worked before, this just clarifies it. Warframe Looting Abilities have been split into separate functionality groups for clarity:

1. Loot while alive: Ivara
  2. Loot petrified: Atlas 
  3. Loot on death: Wukong, Khora, Hydroid. An enemy can only be killed once, they can’t ‘die’ multiple times.  
  4. Loot corpse: Nekros, Chesa

These changes stem from a bigger conversation that was addressed yesterday regarding not providing closure on the Loot Frame changes from The Jovian Concord. All the information can be found here:

These two are a big deal.  Gauss farm was tons of fun for me because it offered strong incentives to stay as long as you possibly could (infinite C rotation) but without punishing players with no chance at the drop if they didn't have as much time on their hands that day (you know... like Arbitrations still do even after their update...).  I absolutely had a blast and once stuck around so long on the Sedna node that the enemies had ramped up over Level 130.  That was more time than I'd EVER spent in an Arbitration run, because the fast and repeating C rotations were highly satisfying to try for.  All this said, I was worried there would be no reason for these long stays in Disruption after the warframe was acquired.

Now, we see that DE has a plan to keep the incentives up to stay long in Disruption.  This is GREAT news!  By putting the coveted hardest-to-get Axi relics in the infinite C rotation, there's now an effective endless mode farm for those tricky relics that rewards you for keeping with it as long as you can.  I'm very excited and hope to continue seeing this in future prime accesses.

The looting changes... how it always should have been, really.  'Nuff said.  Pilfering Swarm is still overbearing in its "ability group" because of its 100% chance, but if looting didn't "demand" that we have at least one Hydroid along, I suppose he would somehow be even less played.  I still think DE is wrong to use loot as an incentive to use something when they have no other idea how to make it enticing and should tackle the roots of the problems (Hydroid not feeling engaging to most players), or simply accept certain warframes like Hydroid appeal more to a niche group (people who enjoy sedentary area control - he can do so much when allowed to stick in one place like go into an invincible puddle, tentacle swarm, and proc nonstop knockdowns to stunlock in a set area with his barrage - but it is that stationary playstyle that will only appeal to some players while most will look to other warframes).

Either way, I'm just glad to see that it's no longer completely pointless to bring anything other than Hydroid to a looting run.  DE sure had some circuitous logic in thinking it encouraged a broader choice of warframes.... by making it so that only one attempt can succeed in a world where a 100% to succeed warframe exists....  At least that is over with.

Unrelated:

11 minutes ago, _Connor said:

Why the #*!% would you replace the credit booster from sorties with that worthless mod chance booster? Absolutely terrible decision.

Because most people are going to prefer this by far.  Every time I've gotten a credit booster, someone has complained.  Usually multiple people, if not the entire squad.  And I do this public, so it's not just some clique of friends or clanmates or something.

Credits are really easy to get.  Really.  Really.  Easy.  By the time people are doing sorties, they tend to have access to really good credit farms.... if they are not already completely in surplus.  Reminder that Profit Taker exists and sorties unlock after The War Within, which is when you should be trying to get things like Vox Solaris standing for amp parts, and that's 125k without boosters per run.  Also, the booster still exists from daily tribute sooo... you can still get it from the source from which it is more common to get it, as the sortie drop rate for that one booster was pretty low with it being one out of so many silver drops.

Only time will tell if people find the mod booster enjoyable.  I haven't made up my mind yet - I'll have to try it first.

I think I'm in the minority but I don't think Atlas needs significant buffs, particularly to his 2 and 4. Yes, they're mediocre by themselves. But, they're mediocre because CC is not Atlas's role. His role is DPS, although admittedly because his range is limited he is outclassed in that regard by map nukers, but I think that's more a commentary on how dumb it is that some frames can delete everything in 50 meters by just pressing 1-2 buttons. Tectonics and Bulwark aren't not top of the line at what they specifically do, but they serve their role within Atlas's kit specifically - they give him a bit of breathing room in between casts of Landslide and Petrify.

51 minutes ago, Maganar said:

Because most people are going to prefer this by far.  Every time I've gotten a credit booster, someone has complained.  Usually multiple people, if not the entire squad.  And I do this public, so it's not just some clique of friends or clanmates or something.

Credits are really easy to get.  Really.  Really.  Easy.  By the time people are doing sorties, they tend to have access to really good credit farms.... if they are not already completely in surplus.  Reminder that Profit Taker exists and sorties unlock after The War Within, which is when you should be trying to get things like Vox Solaris standing for amp parts, and that's 125k without boosters per run.  Also, the booster still exists from daily tribute sooo... you can still get it from the source from which it is more common to get it, as the sortie drop rate for that one booster was pretty low with it being one out of so many silver drops.

Only time will tell if people find the mod booster enjoyable.  I haven't made up my mind yet - I'll have to try it first.

If somebody is so new to the game that they have any reason to care at all about an increase in mod drop rates, they almost certainly need credits more. Credits are always useful, even if it's just to buy 100 pedestal primes once a year. Making the credit farm doubly efficient is far more useful than an arbitrary increase in mod drop rates. 

Haven't gotten a chance to use Atlas Prime yet but would like to know, again - 

Can we edit the colors of rubble passive, the rubble armor, tectonic wall, and rumblers? If we still cannot, his fashion is still bad. You can add a neck/head to him, but he will still be ugly to use with all those boulders blocking out whatever we fashion him to be. 

4 hours ago, r21187 said:

whut?

how you loot with wukong? i know khora and hydroid but wukong? i am missing something?

One of his death passives gives him additional loot on kills. But it’s random what 3 passives you get. It’s not a reliable farming tool. More of a “oh hey, I died and I got the loot passive, guess I’ll make use of this while I have it” kind of tool.

2 hours ago, MrFrog9 said:

Tectonics and Bulwark aren't not top of the line at what they specifically do, but they serve their role within Atlas's kit specifically - they give him a bit of breathing room in between casts of Landslide and Petrify.

This is blatantly false, in my experience. Atlas has a natural gameplay loop of Petrify -> Landslide to build up armor as quickly as possible, and the invuln time during Landslide keeps him from needing too much in the way of defenses while he's punching things. Between punches, he can be chewed up quickly if one's not prepared.

I will grant that plopping down a Bulwark can give him a bit of time to recover, but he could bullet jump towards the nearest enemy in preparation for another Landslide instead. There's also the fact that one Bulwark still leaves his flanks exposed, and he can't make more than one without giving up both a mod slot and the ability to make boulders. Casting Rumblers, on the other hand, takes a long time (2.5s) without casting speed mods, and while it does have a petrification field, it's only 6m to Petrify's 14m. Once again, that time is likely better spent jumping towards the next punching bag.

If the Rumblers are up and moving about beforehand, there's a chance that they'll distract the enemy while he gets into range, but the problem is that this is a fast and mobile game right now, and most of the time the Rumblers don't keep up. Their AI isn't very smart, and Atlas has no ability to command them beyond summoning them and making them explode. The fact that they drop Rubble on death is currently the best thing they have going for them.

These new accessories are a massive disappointment DE. Syandana is only decent but the orcus sentinel mask completely lacks any detail on the back making it kinda ugly to use on any other sentinel than dethcube prime. You guys can do a lot better than this. Hopefully you decide to make this right like you did with the loot frame nerf and the mod drop booster because this accessory pack if not the whole prime access feels really underwhelming.

So according to this, it's still a huge nerf for Chesa as you have to either take him to desecrate one corpse every 10 seconds WHICH STILL A 45% CHANCE ON IT I MIGHT ADD! Or take nekros which will always be the better choice as he 100% desecrate bodies.

WAY TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM DE!

Yeah after messing with Gauss a bit I don't really like him now unfortunately. His battery is basically a dead mechanic now. It charges too easily and is consumed too slowly; even with 8 lvl100 heavy gunners firing at me and both Kinetic Plating and Redline active the only way I could get it to actually drain significantly was to sit almost completely still and let them mow me (which... kind of confirms my suspicions that this is exactly what all the people complaining about his battery drain were doing). As long as you just press 1 or bullet jump occasionally you can more or less ignore the battery and just play him as a conventional tank.

The changes to Gauss were well-intentioned and certainly what the community asked for but I'm pretty sad that a really exciting and unique frame had to be mechanically neutered to the extent he did. Gauss quickly earned a place in my loadout slots because of how fun he was but I don't really forsee myself playing him much now even though he's objectively stronger.

Archived