Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Prime: Update 25.8.0 + 25.8.0.1

[DE]Megan

I hope someone will force you to buy a riven then get a perfect roll on it, only to it will get weaker in each third month.... So you will know what its like....
Seriously... WTF?! Rubico and Cathmoon again?! It's not like they cost over 1k or 2k plat to get one.... wait, it fking DOES! Kuva disruption still succ dix, and for the survival you need a booster to get only decent amount of kuva....

When will you rework the riven system and stop this "oh its popular, lets nerf it" ?! Do you understand what PvE even means? We are fighting againts AI, not people.... 

2 hours ago, -AstralDawn- said:

Still not fixed about damage calculated.

Mirage Eclipse damage bonus bug (And other buff such as Roar)

- No damage bonus with Catchmoon (or all secondary not sure)

- Damage bonus now applies a Multiplicative bonus (Nomally Additive)

Now Mirage is highest damage buff not Chroma.

Don’t ignore about damage calculated bug 

I play this game for 4 year because i love damage calculated this game.

Dont ignore good thing in this game.

This bug has been around for long time.

Ty

mirage has always been a stronger buffer than chroma lol but chroma is easier to use in eidolons wtf are you on about? 8v

3 hours ago, Phyng0n1c_Official said:

I hope someone will force you to buy a riven then get a perfect roll on it, only to it will get weaker in each third month.... So you will know what its like....
Seriously... WTF?! Rubico and Cathmoon again?! It's not like they cost over 1k or 2k plat to get one.... wait, it fking DOES! Kuva disruption still succ dix, and for the survival you need a booster to get only decent amount of kuva....

When will you rework the riven system and stop this "oh its popular, lets nerf it" ?! Do you understand what PvE even means? We are fighting againts AI, not people.... 

no one forced you to buy an overpriced mod for a weapon that is clearly more powerful then it needed to be. 

and before you get angry at me for being honest i rolled a perfect riven for the catchmoon myself at great personal kuva cost and bought a rubico riven for 1000 plat myself.

no one forced anyone to get those items. we did so at our own choice because we wanted an overpowered weapon either for eidolons or our pick of other content.

50 minutes ago, Accaliah said:

no one forced you to buy an overpriced mod for a weapon that is clearly more powerful then it needed to be. 

and before you get angry at me for being honest i rolled a perfect riven for the catchmoon myself at great personal kuva cost and bought a rubico riven for 1000 plat myself.

no one forced anyone to get those items. we did so at our own choice because we wanted an overpowered weapon either for eidolons or our pick of other content.

Stepping back a moment, let's assume that both of you have a point and understand where the reality lies.

1) Rivens were introduced to make all weapons viable.

2) Endgame and late game are plagued by an HP/armor scaling system which is stupidly broken.

3) A selection of weapons got good rivens, and over time they've been nerfed.  No matter how it was obtained, this is objectively taking power away.  This isn't a necessity from early to middle game, but the best drops are hidden in the late game.

4) DE is nerfing rivens to make them "more fair" while not touching the broken armor and HP scaling.  They're effectively closing off opportunities to go farther in the game and not addressing why such power is necessary.  Note, this doesn't influence skill whatsoever.  The skill of getting a headshot offers more damage, but when some enemies can tank an entire ammo clip of headshots there's an issue.

5) Certain endgame content, Eidolons in particular, have an otherwise completely unobtainable reward.  Because there's no alternatives (ie, Grineer v Corpus v Infested), certain weapons and damage types are required.  There's zero benefit in bringing a corrosion status weapon, Eidolons only bow to critical radiation weapons (favoring impact).  DE has forced a meta by not allowing other means to obtain the rewards.

After framing the discussion as such, I don't believe you can call someone else's issues trivial or wrong.  Less than eloquent, perhaps.  I tend to agree that if DE addressed the crap scaling of enemies then people wouldn't have a reason to cheese.  Likewise, CC and Buffing frames would see more use.  Right now the game punishes almost anything that isn't straight damage or a damage hybrid.  If you want to argue that a meta doesn't exist, or that you can go against it, then you're going to have to square up the garbage system for enemies getting stronger.  I'd agree with not complaining if the systems you fight against were balanced, but if DE never fixes the problem all riven nerfs do is limit play duration or the amount of viable play strategies.

31 minutes ago, SafeRoom said:

I really wish that Atlas/Atlas Prime got a buff or a rework or something. He's just Rhino, but you have to keep using his 1 a million times in order to stay invulnarable.

Well, after watching the devstream yesterday, it does seem like DE's been busy with Ember and Vauban. I still think that the Prime Access release would've gone smoother if a rework paved the way, but I can sorta accept the minimal work on Atlas Prime for the time being. Here's hoping he gets a little something when the next mainline comes out.

On 2019-10-02 at 4:00 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Increased Neptune, Laomedeia Disruption Credit Cache rewards based on feedback:

• Rotation A is now solely a 100% chance for a 2x 10,000 Credits Cache.
  • Rotation B is now solely a 100% chance for a 3x 10,000 Credits Cache.
  • Rotation C is now 95% chance for a 5x 10,000 Credits Cache.
    • Universal Medallion still remains as a 5% chance reward
  • You’ll recall when we launched this node, we mentioned that “Expect higher-than-usual Credit Rewards from this Endless mode. While it may not be a perfect competition for the Index, it’ll be a change of pace for those looking to get some Credits with a change of scenery.” We still aren’t in Index territory, but it should at least be more rewarding. Let us know what you think! 

ok this is a good start.. but i do have something to add...
ALL rewards that give credits in any mission type should be rewarding like this! 
T2 missions should be dropping 20-30k 
T3 should be dropping 30-50k 
T4 should be ONLY dropping 50k and never anything less. 

would like to see Index turned into more of a TDM credit per kill then what it currently is. 

It is still a bad joke every ephemera has a drop chance of 5% with the exception of the Blazing step it has a drop chance of 1,01% in elite Sanctuary Onslaught rota C that means every time 22 minutes - I done it more than 100 times and still no drop - it starts to annoy seriously cause there is nothing else I need from the Sanctuary

When is the achievements like Joyride (Travel over 10,000 meters on a stolen Dargyn across the Plains of Eidolon) going to sync up with steam? I think some of us unlocked this achievement before the achievement was available on the steam.

It's not super important to get to. But it would nice to see it reflect each other.

On 2019-10-03 at 7:33 PM, Accaliah said:

DE hates eidolon hunters then? No one forced me, yes, but I didn't forced the riven trade scammunity to be the bs that is ever since last december...

On 2019-10-03 at 8:49 PM, master_of_destiny said:

Stepping back a moment, let's assume that both of you have a point and understand where the reality lies.

1) Rivens were introduced to make all weapons viable.

2) Endgame and late game are plagued by an HP/armor scaling system which is stupidly broken.

3) A selection of weapons got good rivens, and over time they've been nerfed.  No matter how it was obtained, this is objectively taking power away.  This isn't a necessity from early to middle game, but the best drops are hidden in the late game.

4) DE is nerfing rivens to make them "more fair" while not touching the broken armor and HP scaling.  They're effectively closing off opportunities to go farther in the game and not addressing why such power is necessary.  Note, this doesn't influence skill whatsoever.  The skill of getting a headshot offers more damage, but when some enemies can tank an entire ammo clip of headshots there's an issue.

5) Certain endgame content, Eidolons in particular, have an otherwise completely unobtainable reward.  Because there's no alternatives (ie, Grineer v Corpus v Infested), certain weapons and damage types are required.  There's zero benefit in bringing a corrosion status weapon, Eidolons only bow to critical radiation weapons (favoring impact).  DE has forced a meta by not allowing other means to obtain the rewards.

After framing the discussion as such, I don't believe you can call someone else's issues trivial or wrong.  Less than eloquent, perhaps.  I tend to agree that if DE addressed the crap scaling of enemies then people wouldn't have a reason to cheese.  Likewise, CC and Buffing frames would see more use.  Right now the game punishes almost anything that isn't straight damage or a damage hybrid.  If you want to argue that a meta doesn't exist, or that you can go against it, then you're going to have to square up the garbage system for enemies getting stronger.  I'd agree with not complaining if the systems you fight against were balanced, but if DE never fixes the problem all riven nerfs do is limit play duration or the amount of viable play strategies.

Yeah you see my point then thank you. I mainly mad because to farm eidolons without it being absurdly painful, you need a specific riven for snipers and even the catchmoon.  Exactly the ones that DE's been nerfing for a while. There is no point to bring a sniper to anywhere else tho. Catchmoon sure can clear packs of weak enemies but so can the DPS frames and other high dmg AoE weapons. And we are fighting against AI, and not players. So me having a powerful gun doesnt put anyone in disadvantage. And these type of guns require a lot of investment, both plat and kuvawise. That investment worths less and less everytime they do this. Sorry, but this feels like a middle finger for all my kuva spent. 

Yeah, another way to get those arcanes (besides 1 from nightwave) would be great now that eidolons aren't worth farming for the plat since the arcanes are next to worthless.
But please don't use the word "endgame content" because we don't have any at the moment xd

Archived