Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New primes have umbral/darker feel

Lazarow

So I noticed that lately some primes have darker default colors and feel kinda umbral, I noticed this in chroma and now in atlas they use almost the same colors which are all dark themed and usually primes are more lighter themed with having white to symbo;lize the pureness of the orokin. I feel that these primes have umbral ties somewhat or feel like that, yes its all because of the coloring, or mayebe there is mroe to it in the lore we dont get. The dakrer themed primes could also symbolize more imperialistic in a way so they may be in a higher rank in the orokin era? Or it maybe just doesnt mean anything and Im overthinking this

Well colors for Atlas are mainly volcanic:

#2a221f (not actually black, very dark orangy/reddish value so under certain lighting it looks earthly)

#575352 (gray-ish)

#955434 (brown)

So no, Umbra uses actual equal grays for his colors, and Chroma is simply black (equal RGB values) and red.

I suppose it depends on what the design team think looks better on a given frame: black or white, though more recently they started throwing in other colours with the Whites, Blacks and Neutrals: Saryn Prime got Purple, Chroma Prime got Red, and now Atlas Prime has orange in his default. I imagine that at some point we'll get a white prime though. Ivara might be a dark prime as she is intended to be stealthy, but Titania is also due after Atlas, and I see her being a white Primed fairy.

in the end though, it hardly matters since 99% of us will recolor the frame to suit our own tastes anyway.

On 2019-10-02 at 12:51 AM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

though more recently they started throwing in other colours

Not really recent though! Nyx, Loki and Rhino already had, before their 3rd and 4th tints got fused to make way for PBR gold, proper colors for their 4th tint. Rhino used a dark brown in contrast to light colored stripes, Loki used a goldish color in contrast with the olive stripes and Nyx simply used an array of different greens (even her white is on the green hue).

On 2019-10-02 at 12:51 AM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

in the end though, it hardly matters since 99% of us will recolor the frame to suit our own tastes anyway.

It does matter though! Materials are always suited for the original intention, and at the end of the day DE's art is important to the overall design, aesthetic and conception of their universe 🙂