Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Graphic Effects

DeeDeetheSpy

I do love playing Limbo, But maybe its my Toaster set with graphics low, one of my personal biggest problems is telling when things are in or out of the rift. Specifically Limbo or enemies out side of cataclysm. Right now Limbo has a desaturated colors and muted sounds when inside the rift. I have had times though, especially on some of the ice planet tile sets, I can't tell when I am in or out. Something I'd like to see regarding Limbo is maybe a slight negative coloring around the edge of the screen perhaps?  With enemies themselves, perhaps have those that have the same rift state as you look normal and those that are opposite are extra blurred out kinda like Necro's undead with the Irkalla skin, just more so.  Instead of just a cloud around the feet. That would probably help a lot of people who are confused on why they can't hit an enemy. Perhaps make them look simi-transparent even or walking shadows? I don't know. Just some feed back.

I don't know how others would feel but Something like: Player outside of rift and enemy in the rift, then enemy looks like a hole in existance with an aura moveing into it like it's sucking in light. In reverse, Players will see the enemies glow and give off light when the enemy is out of rift and player is in. If both match, enemies and players look normal.

Edited by DeeDeetheSpy

Honestly, with graphics at max I still have issues telling if enemies are in or out of the rift.

Personally, your idea has the spirit, but I feel a more binary system would work better to avoid confusion. How about something similar to Baruuk's Elude passing up and down if your on the opposite plain? As well as a static texture around the screen for players in the rift (think the Infested Salvage effect). I know some people find the desaturation headache inducing, apparently.

6 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Honestly, with graphics at max I still have issues telling if enemies are in or out of the rift.

Personally, your idea has the spirit, but I feel a more binary system would work better to avoid confusion. How about something similar to Baruuk's Elude passing up and down if your on the opposite plain? As well as a static texture around the screen for players in the rift (think the Infested Salvage effect). I know some people find the desaturation headache inducing, apparently.

Works for me too. Just need something. I turned up the graphics and took the frame rate hit and there is a distrotion field I see that isn't there normally. But even then, I am dropping below 40fps then.

It's easy for me to tell if I'm in the Rift due to the filters and sounds, but it's very difficult to tell at a glance if an enemy is Rift-bound or not. The effects are nearly invisible. They should be more pronounced even if it means encasing them in a big tacky glow like Nova's Molecular Prime; something that looks dumb but works is better than something that looks cool but doesn't.

I've also harbored a wish that Rift-bound enemies showed up on Limbo's minimap with special markers. Maybe pink dots instead of red.