Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verification Code

LyssaDhrak

Question

14 answers to this question

all i can say is every person should be using a Passphrase Database of some sort. not doing so in the modern age is just insane. you will not remember all of your Credentials for everything, it's not possible. having a Database of that data is therefore a necessity.
whether you choose to use some sort of ""cloud"" skynet service for it (and accept the Security reduction imparted by doing that), or something manually controlled offline, something must be chosen.

Edited by taiiat

5 hours ago, taiiat said:

all i can say is every person should be using a Passphrase Database of some sort. not doing so in the modern age is just insane. you will not remember all of your Credentials for everything, it's not possible. having a Database of that data is therefore a necessity.
whether you choose to use some sort of ""cloud"" skynet service for it (and accept the Security reduction imparted by doing that), or something manually controlled offline, something must be chosen.

Dashlane for the win. that thing saved me so much headaches.

7 hours ago, LyssaDhrak said:

Aaaaand... after formatting my pc I'll never be able to play the game again because..

1_ I've got a yahoo account

2_ I'm irresponsible with my personal data

3_ I just don't care anymore...

To those fellow yahoo email users... Good luck!

Fixed. You're welcome

13 hours ago, LyssaDhrak said:

Aaaaand... after formatting my pc I'll never be able to play the game again because..

2_ Support is useless

If Yahoo are refusing to accept emails from DE how are DE supposed to fix that? Contact Yahoo.

14 hours ago, LyssaDhrak said:

I'm out of the loop...what's the issue with yahoo email and receiving your verification code?

14 hours ago, taiiat said:

I don't think they forgot their password, it seems to be due to the two-step verification and something with Yahoo email that doesn't let them get the verification code....or something.

Doesn't matter if you can' remember your password if you can't get the two-factor authentication code to work.  And after formatting your PC it will require you to re-enter the two-factor auth.

6 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

I don't think they forgot their password, it seems to be due to the two-step verification and something with Yahoo email that doesn't let them get the verification code....or something.

there's a disaster of a process recently as Yahoo Account users have had to deal with Yahoo merging in their system with AT&T, and now merging it back out since AT&T sold again.
if it's a problem caused because of that, then some hours on a phone or Et Cetera is essentially the only resolution to recovering the Yahoo Account correctly.

but, very thin details given means Technical Support hits pretty wide.

Edited by taiiat