Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic scumming - Pls add cooldown!

OnceADrog

With new relics comes another wave of "relic scummers".

They drop into a mission, check what relics people are opening and if they don't see what they want, they leave. 

Recommendation:

- Enable a longer count for relic mission start so everyone can see that people actually brought the right thing for a radshare.

- 15 minute cooldown on abandoning a relic mission.

1 hour ago, OnceADrog said:

15 minute cooldown on abandoning a relic mission.

So you’d rather people stay with the wrong relic than leave to get the correct one? A cooldown is pretty ridiculous. You haven’t considered all the good reasons for abandoning a relic mission.

• People are free to leave if they want to. I don’t think changing that will be beneficial.

Better LFG mechanics really are the only solution that should be considered. It would be beneficial for other things as well.

35 minutes ago, OnceADrog said:

And no mission rewards for bounty scumming on the Plains and Vallis.... 

Based on how you define ‘relic scummers’ I cannot see a logical meaning for ‘bounty scumming’. Maybe it’s a sensible suggestion, but I cannot agree with it.

• Like 3

1. People joining and then leaving when they don't see a rare/radiant relic means those who play straight can end up with fewer choices in the end. It also means people can end up getting added to match at a point where they cannot open their relic before completion.

2. Better LFG mechanics? Yes please!

3. Bounty scumming = Joining a bounty and then going fishing or mining or just straight up AFK while the rest of the party earn you rewards. While also breaking spawns and/or costing you bonuses.

Edited by OnceADrog
bonuses

6 hours ago, OnceADrog said:

1. People joining and then leaving when they don't see a rare/radiant relic means those who play straight can end up with fewer choices in the end. It also means people can end up getting added to match at a point where they cannot open their relic before completion.

Goes both ways.

Think about it from the Leaver's perspective

maybe he's holding a Radiant, sees that you don't. Leaves because he doesn't want You Leeching off his Radiant with your Common?

Your focus on how it affects your 'fewer choices' is total give away that you're the one leeching; expecting to see something good pop up in Other People's Relics.

And if you're serious about getting a specific Relic opened; use LFG to ensure everyone's bringing the same things. In a pub group since everything is random it shouldn't matter to you if anyone leaves; cause you had no guarantees about what they were holding anyway.

as for the people getting added afterwards not having enough time. That's on the rest of the squad Speedrunning instead of being Considerate and Waiting for the late guy to collect his traces.

Sadly, players must be free to quit a mission, it may even be mandatory in certain game where the player is afk since it's the only way to make a report obsolete, as soon they realize they might get into trouble, they jump out.

A quit is a quit and so it is added to profile stats, a personal log/listing where the responsible player for it is the owner.

9 hours ago, OnceADrog said:

3. Bounty scumming = Joining a bounty and then going fishing or mining or just straight up AFK while the rest of the party earn you rewards. While also breaking spawns and/or costing you bonuses.

That is apparently a bannable offence - there's a report category for AFK and leeching in the support ticket system. Get some decent evidence (screenshots mainly) and see if you can get them banned.

• Like 1

Thats so disapointing when a player joins and doesnt want to help like i needed help with eidolons because i need focus but then one guy saud he doesnt want to help because i ''ABSOLOUTLY NEED chroma prime''

And that my favorite warframe I want to play as is trash (gauss) like wow sometimes people are so selfish because they watch a tutorial

Cool down might not go well, due to bugs.
1. Loss of connection or "Could not update account information".
2. Host migration failures.
3. For radiant share, someone chosen wrong relic and mission started. Now what?
4. Stuck in broken mission, such as missing datamass in mobile defense.
5. Broken relic reward missing countdown, forcing host to quit or alt+F4, losing chosen reward. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1124764-the-long-live-bug-when-do-endless-fissure-survival-mission/

Better optional matchmaking filters will help. Option to look only for the same relic as you, and/or the same tier (intact, exceptional, flawless, radiant) as you. Recruitment is quite a mess with lots of "rad share", and half of the times "full" or no invites, no response, and the possibility to accidentally join a squad without having the needed relic.

well start with the obvious , only the host can actually start a fissure mission and not the invited unknown tenno 

if the host sees all relics are in order he gives the go , not like its is now 

each Prime Access the same stupid patterns.....

some idiots wait til being last to chose the relic, then they equip willingly the wrong relic and just start the mission hoping it goes by unnoticed , while other idiots just start the mission and others have not even equipped a relic, what a waste of time, just stupidity in my eyes..... 

and

are there really some of you who wanna give a cooldown to those who abort a mission due to such pathetic behaviour from others ?  Clearly NO !!