Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disarm or DISARM

Fleuria

Today, (sortie 3, "Mobile Defense - Dione (Saturn) / Weapon Restriction: Bow Only") I got disarmed, but my bow never appeared on my map (overlay map - which is my default map type).

I've been seeing lots of marker glitches lately, including heads up markers dancing across my screen while I am traveling toward the map location. So one suspicion might be that there's something glitched in that part of the code.

But, also, near the end of the mission, a squad mate reported that the marker was on the map, 274 m away. It was not showing up for me, and I have no good way of estimating in-game distance, but another possibility might be that when I was disarmed the weapon dropped a long way away from me.

In either case, it would be nice to have some fallback and/or redundant effects here:

1. When we are disarmed there should be a distinctive sound effect so we know that this was an intended game effect and not an accidental glitch.
  2. We should also get some kind of glowy particle effect or animation effect or whatever which indicates the motion of the weapon. This way, if the blue icon doesn't appear on screen or on the map we have some hint of which way it went.

Or, ok, maybe there's something to be said for playing sorties unarmed? But if so, maybe we should be able to go into them unarmed?

• Like 2

Can confirm, since the most recent update (as of 2019-10-08) I've had this happen twice in like twelve hours of playtime - once with my Supra Vandal on Kuva survival and once on a random Meso Fissure survival with my Braton Prime. Both times I was playing as Saryn, although I more or less main Saryn so that's not really a surprise. In the Kuva survival case a teammate reported being able to see the weapon, and waypointed it for me; there was no interactable or rendered object at that location for me, and I had to use my secondary for the remainder of the hour we played. In the latter case of the Meso fissure, I was unable to confirm whether my teammates could see the weapon, but otherwise had identical symptoms. In both cases, I was unaware of being disarmed until enemies around me were dead; it's possible this issue is related to teammates killing the disarming enemy "too quickly" or when they are hosting, but such conjecture is difficult to confirm.