Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is a Hildryn part a guaranteed drop?

Bloodlustprince

Question

I have fought the exploiter orb a good few times, and I have noticed a Hildryn part did not drop for me most of the time. Going by the evidence, I would say it is not guaranteed, but I have asked other party members when that happened, and they had indeed gotten them each time while I did not. This is not with a particular group. It has happened several times with different people. Looking online, I have seen people both confirming it and denying it as guaranteed. So which is it? Do I just have bad luck getting the drop(not guaranteed)) or is it glitching for me most of the time(guaranteed)?

13 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Bloodlustprince said:

I have fought the exploiter orb a good few times, and I have noticed a Hildryn part did not drop for me most of the time. Going by the evidence, I would say it is not guaranteed, but I have asked other party members when that happened, and they had indeed gotten them each time while I did not. This is not with a particular group. It has happened several times with different people. 

When Exploiter explodes, the Hildryn piece might despawn. Make sure to hang around underneath Exploiter to grab it the moment it spawns, THEN run

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

When Exploiter explodes, the Hildryn piece might despawn. Make sure to hang around underneath Exploiter to grab it the moment it spawns, THEN run

Got all loot (include wf pieces) after explosion with stock Odonata so it's not necessary to rush.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gabranth2 said:

Got all loot (include wf pieces) after explosion with stock Odonata so it's not necessary to rush.

I use Amesha (not odonata , my fault) for the whole fight.  Instant full energy, 2 invincibility skills. Just sit in back on orb while she's charging up for explosion. No damage.

You can hit 3 vents with 1 can from the air if you aim right. Hidryn can hit 2 vents in the back at the same time with Balefire.

Sniping raknoids from the air makes the fight very easy. Plus you can pick up cans while in archwing. 

Edited by (XB1)Phantom Clip
Mentioned abilities for the wrong archwing