Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Having trouble with screen freezes

kanzu

Question

Hello, so to make this rather quick and easy, I've been having trouble lately with my game, where the issue being is that my game, even in solo sessions, sometimes just...freezes the screen. To my understanding, the keys and all that still works, but the visual I am getting doesn't change. Say I am shooting the Lenz, I can hear the distinct pull of the 'string' and it fire, but the screen is still the frame just standing in place or something else. I still hear fighting and the like.

I'm not sure what causes this, can someone help?

13 answers to this question

To try and pinpoint the problem;

How long has this been going on for? Was the game working before without issue?

Do your pc specs meet the requirements that have been recommended for WF?

Your ingame resolution match your pc’s monitor res?

3 hours ago, Owlski said:

To try and pinpoint the problem;

How long has this been going on for? Was the game working before without issue?

Do your pc specs meet the requirements that have been recommended for WF?

Your ingame resolution match your pc’s monitor res?

About...randomly for a week now, I think. And yes.

It does.

I usually keep my game in a small window, both to help with performance and to have easier access to the internet when needed.

On 2019-10-07 at 8:09 PM, Owlski said:

Just to see if it’s a resolution issue; Try running WF in full screen and on your monitors native resolution.

This issue hasn't happened before, just randomly started. I was fine with this setup  before, but I'll try, i'll say what happens when I give this a shot

i've also experienced Video Display ceasing to update, but the game not actually Crashing or Hanging lately(3 weeks at most, probably 2) - though at a rate of like once per 30hr of Gameplay(actual Mission time) or something so it's pretty hard to look for scenarios to tie to it to reproduce.

Video Display mode and Rendering Resolution is certainly not involved since i essentially play in the opposite situation as the OP.

This is what I've been doing since a few updates ago.

Once an update is released, I always optimize the cache files. I found out recently that some of those bugs are the result of not optimizing it... And no, it doesn't defragment it...

... Not including the fact that Win10 has critical problems of its own that tend to seep into any game that's executed in it (hence why I never get issues on Win7, and even less on linux), not optimizing Warframe's cache will end up causing non-existent bugs that can't be reproduced later on for a fix attempt.

Verifying the cache also works, of course, but it does download any mismatched file in its entirety. Optimizing it, apparently, seems to be faster at it.

19 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

This is what I've been doing since a few updates ago.

Once an update is released, I always optimize the cache files. I found out recently that some of those bugs are the result of not optimizing it... And no, it doesn't defragment it...

... Not including the fact that Win10 has critical problems of its own that tend to seep into any game that's executed in it (hence why I never get issues on Win7, and even less on linux), not optimizing Warframe's cache will end up causing non-existent bugs that can't be reproduced later on for a fix attempt.

Verifying the cache also works, of course, but it does download any mismatched file in its entirety. Optimizing it, apparently, seems to be faster at it.

Gotcha, thanks!