Sign in to follow this  
Furappi

Atlas Rework Ideas

This is the Atlas less usefull ability, the wall is too small and doesnt scale with range like Frost's Snow Globe, and the reactivation is pretty much useless, it goes in a straight line and most of the time it doesnt hit anyone.
So here's my idea to make this skill a bit better to be more useful:

-Scaling with range
-Disabling CC from enemies that are on the other side of Tectonics
-Reactivating Tectonics make the walls exploding dealing impact and piercing damage scaling with strength 
-Using Petrify on Tectonics petrify any enemy that hits it, and after reactivating Tectonics will explode dealing damage and petrifying any enemy nearby.

These are my takes on this ability, not very useful most of the time, reworking this ability will make Atlas more usefull as a whole.
What you guys think?

Edited by Furappi
  • Like 3

I'll take anything at this point. Atlas is my 4th most used frame. 

I was thrilled to get the update last night, removing petrified enemy immunity to status. So I decided to take Atlas to Kelpie for a few hours while trying to farm Gauss (one more part to go), and tried out a few different weapon and warframe mod builds. 

The last build I settled on for the night forced me to remove my Tectonics augment for the first time in who knows how long, and it hurt. I found myself trying to actually find a use for the boulder portion of it and was perpetually disappointed with it. The damage was inferior to just using my weapon or Landslide. The CC portion is infinitely inferior to just using Petrify.

-Scaling range would be great, then having 1 would be much more useful.

- Replacing the boulder with it simply exploding in the direction you're facing as a scaling shotgun blast would be amazing.

Also, when aiming your weapon towards Tectonics it should make it transparent to see who you're shooting at since it doesn't block ally fire. I thought this feature had already been added at some point, but apparently not. Lol

• Like 1

I very much like the OP's proposal; Tectonics needs to be a better defensive ability, and I agree that its reactivation is currently useless, and needs to be improved. I'd perhaps go about it slightly differently, though in a manner closer to Snow Globe:

• Instead of exploding the walls on reactivation, have the walls explode when hit by Landslide, spraying rock fragments that deal damage based on Landslide (and could thus apply melee effects as well).
  • Allow Atlas to lay down multiple walls as a baseline, and change the augment to something else (e.g. "killing petrified enemies near a wall adds X% of their health to the wall's health").

That way, there'd be more inter-ability synergy, the explosion would feel more punchy, and Atlas would be able to lay down multiple walls like most other object-creating frames by default.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

5 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

I very much like the OP's proposal; Tectonics needs to be a better defensive ability, and I agree that its reactivation is currently useless, and needs to be improved. I'd perhaps go about it slightly differently, though in a manner closer to Snow Globe:

• Instead of exploding the walls on reactivation, have the walls explode when hit by Landslide, spraying rock fragments that deal damage based on Landslide (and could thus apply melee effects as well).
  • Allow Atlas to lay down multiple walls as a baseline, and change the augment to something else (e.g. "killing petrified enemies near a wall adds X% of their health to the wall's health").

That way, there'd be more inter-ability synergy, the explosion would feel more punchy, and Atlas would be able to lay down multiple walls like most other object-creating frames by default.

leave landslide to hit only enemies, when you spam 1 you could accidentaly hit tectonics, you already have sinergy with tectonics and petrify, BUT i would love if the golens landslide the same target with atlas

Make it chargeable. The longer you charge it the bigger it grows. And mod for height based on ability strength. 

also augment mod that creates a zone of damage based on energy color, like Chroma and Excalibur, so your mountain range turns into a frozen peak, a volcano, a stormy range, or toxic... whatever. 

3 hours ago, Demotros said:

Make it chargeable. The longer you charge it the bigger it grows. And mod for height based on ability strength. 

also augment mod that creates a zone of damage based on energy color, like Chroma and Excalibur, so your mountain range turns into a frozen peak, a volcano, a stormy range, or toxic... whatever. 

Thats a big rework, quite the oposite of what im suggesting

If I were going to make improvements to his 2nd ability this is what I would do;

2nd ability

·       When aiming at the rock-wall with it becomes see-through.

·       If enemies are shooting at it, it will absorb the damage which increases the damage when using it against the enemies when deactivating the ability.

·       On deactivation it will shoot like a fast projectile instead of a slow roll.

·       Holding the ability will display a range indicator for aiming at enemies and on release will shoot the rock wall instantly.

·       If Atlas or allies stand near it, they will receive 30% status chance in a 15m radius. 50% status chance if shooting through rock-wall.

·       Synergy: Using your 1st ability on it will break it into rubble. When picked up, it will produce a glowing aura (colour based on energy colour) around atlas which will make him and the team 30% resistance to elemental procs for 20 seconds.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

If I were going to make improvements to his 2nd ability this is what I would do;

2nd ability

·       When aiming at the rock-wall with it becomes see-through.

·       If enemies are shooting at it, it will absorb the damage which increases the damage when using it against the enemies when deactivating the ability.

·       On deactivation it will shoot like a fast projectile instead of a slow roll.

·       Holding the ability will display a range indicator for aiming at enemies and on release will shoot the rock wall instantly.

·       If Atlas or allies stand near it, they will receive 30% status chance in a 15m radius. 50% status chance if shooting through rock-wall.

·       Synergy: Using your 1st ability on it will break it into rubble. When picked up, it will produce a glowing aura (colour based on energy colour) around atlas which will make him and the team 30% resistance to elemental procs for 20 seconds.

Too much overstacked, the see-through is good tho

12 hours ago, Furappi said:

Too much overstacked, the see-through is good tho

What's the issue with it? or what parts of this would you take and leave?

3 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

What's the issue with it? or what parts of this would you take and leave?

Atlas Tectonics is a two stage skills, you spawn it and you released, i was sugesting to change its second stage, instead of just rolling around to exploding dealing damage so it'll be more useful 

Problem: Atlas doesnt feel like a brawler that goes toe to toe with enemies that can fight back. Currently he is a cowardly spam caster whose survival is dependent on hiding behind small rock walls and spamming his 3 to freeze enemies and then hitting them while they cannot hit back.

For the first part I try to keep things more realistic and change as little as possible. For the second I present a more complete rework.

Passives

• Goal: Remove the dependence of Atlas's only survivability buff from having to spam Petrify on every enemy group. Round out the immunity to "interrupts".
  • Rubble:
    • 1 piece of rubble restores 50hp or provides 50armor
    • Non petrified enemies drop 1 piece of rubble
    • Petrified enemies drop 2 pieces of rubble
    • Enemies killed by Landslide or Rumblers always drop one additional piece of rubble
  • Immovable: In addition to knockdown immunity atlas is immune to stagger and push back (ex. Fire Blast currently pushes Atlas back even though there is no knockdown)

Landslide

• Goal: Bring the skill up to modern standards. Remove the dependence on a stat stick. 
  • Add an exalted weapon slot for this ability.

Tectonics/Boulder

• Goal: Make it a viable wall type ability as well as a damage ability
  • Increase height and width to be approximately the size of Electric Shield or Dread Mirror. Increase size of Boulder to match
  • Any explosives that hit Tectonics will have its AOE damage completely nullified
  • Recasting Tectonics into Boulder will convert the current health to a base damage value which is then modified by warfame and mods equipped to the "Exalted Landslide" weapon slot.
  • Boulder does true damage

Petrify

• Goal: Remove the dependence of Atlas's only survivability buff from having to spam Petrify on every enemy group. Remove the animation lock and make Petrify feel better to use.
  • Petrify is now a one handed ability

Rumblers

• Goal: Make the Rumblers, especially their damage, scale into end game (defined as ~lv 120 heavy grineer). Improve Synergy with Atlas' passive.
  • Damage inflicted now also scales off of warframe and "Exalted Landslide" mods.
  • Enemies struck by Rumblers have a 50% chance to become petrified.
  • Double base duration of Rumblers

What I would like to see in a Rework is a kit that encourages Atlas to get into enemies faces while still being able to fortify the rest of the team with the power of the earth.

Passives

• Goal: Encourage players to get up close and personal with fast melee weapons
  • Passive Part 1: If an enemy is within 3m Atlas gains
    • 1.5% life steal on melee attacks
    • +450 armor per enemy
    • lasting for 5s after he moves out of range
  • Passive Part 2: Immune to all knockdown, stagger, knock back, slow effects as long as atlas is on the ground
  • Passive Part 3: Each melee strike against an enemy builds 1 charge up to 30. Some abilities consume Charge and are not afffected by nullifier fields (i.e. can be cast even in a nullifier field, will affect enemies within a nullifier field). Does not deplete when in a nullifier field. Depletes if you fall into a hole.

Ability 1

• Pressing 1 Summons a custom set of Exalted Sparring weapons with its own weapon slot. Press again to deactivate.
    • Built in "Shattering impact" That affects both base armors and shields.
  • Holding 1 consumes 10 charge to perform one hit of the current 3 hit Landslide combo, complete with auto-tracking and AOE.
    • Consecutive uses will always cycle through all 3 hits of the current Landslide combo with no reset timer.

Ability 2

• One handed instant cast ability
  • Consumes all current charges to quickly stomp the ground
    • heal self within affinity range by 5% of max hp per second per charge (Example consume 2 charges to heal by 10% of max hp/s)
    • become status immune
    • gain 90% damage reduction
    • Duration of buffs increase with charges consumed. Approximately 0.75s per charge.
    • enemies within range suffer a short duration Rhino Stomp, range increases with more Charges consumed

Ability 3

• Consumes 15 charge
  • Atlas rips an enormous boulder (diameter = width of Volt's electric shield) from the ground and throws it (affected by physics, also see Sigma's Boulder throw from Overwatch)
  • A wall spawns which functions like the current Tectonics + adjustments as stated in the section above
  • Within a set distance of the boulder, atlas gains attack speed, reload speed, movement speed buffs

Ability 4

• Consumes 30 charge
  • extremely quick cast animation
  • Atlas slams the ground releasing a wave of earth energy that adds 15s to all currently running buff times and copies all buffs currently affecting atlas to allies (identical buffs cannot stack) within range

Thanks for reading.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, -Bv-Concarne said:

How about the damage it absorbs gets added to the innate damage components?

Like Nyx's 4?

Uncapping the rubble limit would be good enough for the extra passive. At full rubble you get 1500 armor total, which is only ~80% damage reduction. For ~90% damage reduction, you would need 3000 total armor. Going further, to get 94% damage reduction, you would need 5000 total. 

The diminishing returns, decay, slow build up, and healing overriding the armor bonus would balance it out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, -Bv-Concarne said:

Yes

that'll be cool but it wont make sense, is just a stone wall

Background Info!

With Atlas's upcoming Prime Access, DE should really revamp and upgrade some of his abilities, as it will make the purchase and urge to obtain Atlas greater. Though he did receive a revisit over a year ago, he still has not kept up with the current state of the game due to multiple issues with his kit.

These issues include:

• Atlas not being able to target enemies who were knocked down by Landslide while using Landslide, making it useless
  • Landslide's enemy ragdoll completely nullifies any chance of chain punching after three consecutive hits
  • Atlas's heavy reliance on spamming Landslide, although he has a low energy pool, and no way to recover energy within his kit
    • for example, Nidus relies on constantly casting Virulence, and although he has a low energy pool, he is able to recover energy based on the enemies hit
  • excess Rubble health doesn't overflow into armor, forcing Atlas to waste additional pieces of Rubble, which could equate to no armor gains if Atlas is being constantly shot at
  • Tectonics iz bad
    • terrible defensive capabilities - immobile, mono-directional defense
    • minuscule damage capabilities - deals only impact and puncture damage, limited to 15 meters before exploding (30 while petrified)
    • Tectonic Fracture (augment) somehow makes the ability even worse by remove the slight CC from Tectonics in exchange for more poor defense
  • Petrify spam is required, as it is Atlas's main form of both CC and survivability, even though it takes 75 energy
  • Ore Gaze (Petrify Augment) is pretty bad, as we have many ways to scan (HELIOS) and more effective Frames who can pull loot
  • Rumblers
    • little battlefield presence - not strong or fast enough to deal with the amount of enemies effectively
      • attacks do little damage, as they have no slash and do not utilize mods
      • Rumblers are not aggressive at all, and move very slow compared to Atlas and other enemies

In this rework, I aim to resolve these issues with Atlas to make him the TRUE immovable man of mountains!

Changes!

Passive - Monolithic

• works as it currently does, with the only change being to allow health to armor overflow on Rubble pickup
    • this will ensure Atlas has a reliable source of defense and doesn't waste Rubble pickups to build armor

1st - Landslide

• fix issue in which Atlas cannot target knocked down enemies with Landslide
  • replace Landslide ragdoll with a (5) meter radial knockdown and +25% critical chance on the next punch

2nd - Tectonics

• back to the drawing board! (big changes needed)
  • on cast, Atlas erects a rock dome with a (10) meter radius, instantly petrifying any enemies in the radius and adding their health to the dome's, while remaining invincible to absorb health/damage for (4) seconds
    • enemies cannot enter the dome, and any enemy who approaches it will take puncture and slash damage and have the status applied
    • allies who exit the dome leave partially petrified, gaining an additional (200) armor
    • tapping the ability while up will detonate the dome, sending rock shards into the air, which bounce from walls and petrify all enemies in range for (50%) of Petrify's duration
    • holding the ability will gather all of the rocks from the dome into Atlas's hand, as he condenses it; releasing the ability will cause Atlas to throw the condensed boulder at high speeds, which sends out a cone of pebbles which stun enemies, knock them down, and deal (2000) impact damage
  • these changes to Atlas's abilities will make him more team-friendly as well as give him greater defensive capabilities and increased damage!

3rd - Petrify

• casting Petrify on allies will give them (300) additional armor
  • to support Atlas's increased need of energy, each piece of rubble will also grant (5) energy in a five meter radius, but otherwise works as it currently does

4th - Rumblers

• remove duration, increase base health to (2500), and increase rubble drop on death to (4)
  • make Rumblers more like the Celestial Twin, more aggressive!
  • allow Rumblers to utilize melee and secondary mods
  • increase speed to Atlas's sprint speed
  • these changes will give the Rumblers much more battlefield presence (similar to Wuklone) and allow them to deal with enemies much more quickly!

Closing Thoughts!

With Atlas's Prime Access right around the corner, he was in dire need of some changes in order to "solidify" his place in Warframe. With these changes, team-play with Atlas is now encouraged, and he now has many more sources of high damage and status application!

Any comments or suggestions, Tenno? Leave them in the replies!

Edited by (PS4)thefallenloser
Edited Ability Suggestions - 9.30.2019 @ 11:13 AM
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, (PS4)thefallenloser said:

each piece of rubble will also grant 5 energy,

Just curious, but does this apply to all other forms of Rubble (Rumblers' death)? It wouldn't hurt to implement Rubble onto Tectonics as well too.

As another note of his passive (though unlisted?), both Atlas and Zephyr are the only frames in the game that ignore the stagger animation of charged Archgun shots (Corvas, Velocitus, and the Larkspur). 

• Upvote 2

About Rubble armor decay rate:

I say - remove the decay over time completely, instead make it lose 5 armor on any incoming damage instance with 25% chance OR make Rumblers (and maybe Tectonics) cost this armor instead of energy (but this is probably a bad idea since you usually don't want to lose your survivability, so maybe just make it reduce energy cost for Rumblers).

Agreed with Rumblers needing improvement.

Agreed with Tectonics needing improvement (but honestly not agreed with it being just a variation of Gara's 4; but can't come up with something about it).

About Petrify and energy restore: petrified enemies can for example restore some amount of energy on kill in a smal radius (let's say 5-10 energy in 5m radius, it will make using Landslide more rewarding)

P.S. haven't played Atlas for a quite long time, so read with caution - all this can be a complete bs.

Edited by CoffeeElemental
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Tectonic Fracture in no way hurts the Ability - it adds more of the only part of the Ability that is relevant in the first place. the boulder part of it is totally worthless. Atlas has other CC, it's clearly not going to replace Landslide for Damage, so what could it even possibly offer that's useful. 
    • not that i think it's a good Augment, like some people have suggested the Augment may as well be made the base functionality, and boulders are created by punching your walls, rather than Casting the Ability a second time. even means you can shoot the boulder in exactly the direction you want.
    • if you don't think that even 3 walls is sufficient, then just make it go further. howabout 8 walls?
  • you complained about Energy, but then didn't even mention that Atlas is encouraged to basically spam Petrify, and yet it's a very expensive Ability?
    • Landslide costs peanuts, you're encouraged to spam it but it has built in Efficiency plus if you use Efficiency Mods on top of that. it's a pretty cheap Ability.
  • Landslide also certainly does not need further Damage (giving it Additive Crit Chance). it already has the capability to deal Damage similar to a Sniper Rifle getting a Weakpoint Crit WITOUT any Power Strength Mods. but in an AoE, and uses fractional amounts of Energy instead of Ammo.

if Landslide would target Enemies that are in a disabled state, i see no reason to change how it CC's Enemies at all. Ragdolling them would let you use Landslide as a form of locomotion while Killing Enemies that you didn't Kill in just a few hits.

making the 'boulder' useful by making it deal 2000 Damage? you do realize that Atlas has Landslide, right? in order for the Boulder to be useful Damagewise, it would have to deal like 50,000 Damage at base.

why are you asking for a clone of Snowglobe with Mass Vitrify sucked in? that would be a terrible Ability. copying other Abilities wholesale can give higher Stats, but doing that makes Abilities kinda pointless. why have different Warframes if you want them all to have Snowglobe+Mass Vitrify, Roar, Peacemaker, and Blessing?

giving Weapon Mods to Rumblers is....... interesting.

i'll agree that Rubble wasting values that you pick up rather than overflowing into Armor seems unnecessary.

Edited by taiiat
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Furappi said:

that'll be cool but it wont make sense, is just a stone wall

It also doesn't make since for the same stone wall to gain more health by getting shot at for a bit, but it does anyways, as it should. And since it has a (weak) damage component, it might aswell use the damage absorption to boost it aswell.

I am excited for Atlas Prime and generally agree with your changes but I don't want them to remove the scan aspect from Ore Gaze, I don't like using Helios (I prefer Kubrows and Kavats) and don't wanna take time to scan all the time so I was looking forward to scanning them all by staring at them into stone. I do agree the drop chance should be changed or increased at least to Khora's or Nekros level of around 50-60%.

As far as his Wall I would rather it stay one direction and block movement completely like it does, but I think it should be changed to customize the shape (similar to Ivara Arrows and Vauban Traps) to better fit doors and a formation that better fits the environment!

Edited by BlueWarNova
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the replies so far! Let's have an interesting discussion.

17 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Just curious, but does this apply to all other forms of Rubble (Rumblers' death)? It wouldn't hurt to implement Rubble onto Tectonics as well too.

As another note of his passive (though unlisted?), both Atlas and Zephyr are the only frames in the game that ignore the stagger animation of charged Archgun shots (Corvas, Velocitus, and the Larkspur). 

Yes, the energy should be for all Rubble. I'll update the original post to make more clear.

As for the Archgun thing, that is in fact part of Atlas's passive, Immovable. Since the revisit, he gained a two-part passive (Rubble and Immovable, which became Monolithic).

16 hours ago, CoffeeElemental said:

About Rubble armor decay rate:

I say - remove the decay over time completely, instead make it lose 5 armor on any incoming damage instance with 25% chance OR make Rumblers (and maybe Tectonics) cost this armor instead of energy (but this is probably a bad idea since you usually don't want to lose your survivability, so maybe just make it reduce energy cost for Rumblers).

Agreed with Rumblers needing improvement.

Agreed with Tectonics needing improvement (but honestly not agreed with it being just a variation of Gara's 4; but can't come up with something about it).

About Petrify and energy restore: petrified enemies can for example restore some amount of energy on kill in a smal radius (let's say 5-10 energy in 5m radius, it will make using Landslide more rewarding)

Hmm... interesting proposition. Personally, I actually like the idea, as you don't lose any armor gained when not in combat, though it may be a bit too strong. Having Tectonics or Rumblers cost armor over energy is also very interesting, making him similar to Nidus (stacks for abilities), and giving more incentive for gathering Rubble, though it does sacrifice survivability, which is essential for Atlas; for now I think that having all abilities cost energy should remain.

Thanks for your opinion on my proposition for Tectonics. I was initially conflicted with the ability and thought it was too similar to Gara. How about, instead, Tectonics detonation will petrify all enemies within its range?

Nice suggestion. Having Rubble restore energy in a small radius on pickup does greatly increase Atlas's team play capabilities.

16 hours ago, taiiat said:
  • Tectonic Fracture in no way hurts the Ability - it adds more of the only part of the Ability that is relevant in the first place. the boulder part of it is totally worthless. Atlas has other CC, it's clearly not going to replace Landslide for Damage, so what could it even possibly offer that's useful. 
    • not that i think it's a good Augment, like some people have suggested the Augment may as well be made the base functionality, and boulders are created by punching your walls, rather than Casting the Ability a second time. even means you can shoot the boulder in exactly the direction you want.
    • if you don't think that even 3 walls is sufficient, then just make it go further. howabout 8 walls?
  • you complained about Energy, but then didn't even mention that Atlas is encouraged to basically spam Petrify, and yet it's a very expensive Ability?
    • Landslide costs peanuts, you're encouraged to spam it but it has built in Efficiency plus if you use Efficiency Mods on top of that. it's a pretty cheap Ability.
  • Landslide also certainly does not need further Damage (giving it Additive Crit Chance). it already has the capability to deal Damage similar to a Sniper Rifle getting a Weakpoint Crit WITOUT any Power Strength Mods. but in an AoE, and uses fractional amounts of Energy instead of Ammo.

if Landslide would target Enemies that are in a disabled state, i see no reason to change how it CC's Enemies at all. Ragdolling them would let you use Landslide as a form of locomotion while Killing Enemies that you didn't Kill in just a few hits.

making the 'boulder' useful by making it deal 2000 Damage? you do realize that Atlas has Landslide, right? in order for the Boulder to be useful Damagewise, it would have to deal like 50,000 Damage at base.

why are you asking for a clone of Snowglobe with Mass Vitrify sucked in? that would be a terrible Ability. copying other Abilities wholesale can give higher Stats, but doing that makes Abilities kinda pointless. why have different Warframes if you want them all to have Snowglobe+Mass Vitrify, Roar, Peacemaker, and Blessing?

giving Weapon Mods to Rumblers is....... interesting.

i'll agree that Rubble wasting values that you pick up rather than overflowing into Armor seems unnecessary.

You make a fair point on Tectonic Fracture. Personally, Tectonic Fracture has never worked out for me when I used it, though I will try it again and reevaluate my thoughts. 8 walls is very interesting, and can give Atlas control over choke points for incredible damage potential. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sorry about missing the Petrify spam point! Thought I added it in. Will update the original post to give even more of a reason to have energy pickups.

Fair point about my proposition for Landslide to deal crits. 

I changed the why Landslide CCs enemies because in my experience, Landslide ragdolling enemies sends the skywards and away from Atlas, and I can no longer target them until they land back on the ground and I am in range. Additionally, the short-ranged knockdown seems more reliable for afflicting multiple enemies at once instead of CC-ing a single enemy. Single-target abilities are becoming more and more outdated.

Sorry about missing a point. Tectonics should probably take on Atlas's weapon mods.

As with my previous point, I noticed that my proposition was a bit too similar to Gara's Mass Vitrify. Will update post to have Atlas petrify enemies in range.

Having Rumblers take on Atlas's weapon mods is essential for scaling, as the damage they deal easily falls off at higher levels. Dealing 2000 impact damage per punch is pretty weak. Rumblers can be more like the Wuklone!

15 hours ago, BlueWarNova said:

I am excited for Atlas Prime and generally agree with your changes but I don't want them to remove the scan aspect from Ore Gaze, I don't like using Helios (I prefer Kubrows and Kavats) and don't wanna take time to scan all the time so I was looking forward to scanning them all by staring at them into stone. I do agree the drop chance should be changed or increased at least to Khora's or Nekros level of around 50-60%.

As far as his Wall I would rather it stay one direction and block movement completely like it does, but I think it should be changed to customize the shape (similar to Ivara Arrows and Vauban Traps) to better fit doors and a formation that better fits the environment!

Interesting. I'm glad to have someone that enjoys the scanning for Ore Gaze. How about keeping the scanning but having the effect for the Petrification effect to linger for a few seconds, similar to Nyx's Chaos Sphere Augment? The additional drop chance seems a bit unreliable to me, as Petrify does have a high energy cost, and encourages spamming.

Interesting proposition to the Tectonics wall. Having it mold around the terrain it's placed at will make it more reliable for point-defense. Any suggestions for the damage aspect?