Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #131!

[DE]Rebecca

Devstream131_1080p.jpg

Who:  WE ARE BACK! Rebecca is joined by the usual crew! 

What: We’ve been away for a while, and have a LOT to cover. We’ll be in-game with Vauban and Ember showing off some upcoming changes. We’ll be talking about Grendel’s upcoming release plans with new rewards, Loadout Configuration expansions, and more!  Big picture plans for Empyrean and more await discussion, so don’t miss it! 

Prizes? Oh yes! We have plenty of Digital Prizes to give out. 

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe and mixer.com/playwarframe. Follow our Twitch page on our road to 1,000,000 followers! 

Twitch Drop: Tune in to find out what you can snag for watching our Devstream!

When: Join us this Friday, October 4th at 2 p.m ET!  

Please ask your questions here! Thread closes at 10 a.m EDT on Friday, October 4th! 

By installing the Youtube app for free on your Nintendo Switch, you can conveniently watch the stream on the Warframe Youtube channel from your portable system!

Hello!
(-The topic with some trivia; bolded questions)

-During his Sait of Altra pre-launch stream, Steve has sneak peeked something that could be described as Primed Orbiter interior:
oXKniYe.pngk7wv3W6.pngCo5syIh.png

Q: Is it coming? When? Is it a part of Accessories Pack? Also, are there plans for Prime Railjack/ Weapons/ Parts/ Accessories for Empyrean? While we're at it, ETA on Empyrean?

-Quite often, movement is impeded because of change of elevation within a level. That in itself would not be a problem - we are space ninjas, after all.
Here comes the problem though: elevators (or at least some of them). More specifically, elevators with closed doors.

Q: Could all elevator doors be opened for those, more proficient at movement to be rewarded for their parkour abilities? Ideally all of the elevators could be kept in down position, so that the faster Tenno can either go up or down immediately, while the less proficient ones may use the elevator.

Examples:
giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

-Another thing: cooperative door opening. More often than not, it has nothing to do with cooperation, but instead makes us wait for another person to spam the interaction button.

Q: Can we please get rid of cooperative door opening?

giphy.gif

-Yet another thing related to movement are warframe abilities, which prevent our frames from moving and/ or firing weapons.

While understandably some ultimate ability usage should definitely limit it (f.e. Mesa's Peacemaker, Revenant's Danse Macabre, Volt's Discharge, etc. - these make sense),
quite often it applies to less significant ones.
The period of casting is too short to make it a significant balancing factor, ending up as a design which makes the usage of these minor abilities much less fluid and ultimately less fun.

Q: Would you consider limiting the amount of abilities impeding movement and weapon firing to an absolute minimum and remaking existing ones?

As an example - Volt's Shock and Mesa's Ballistic Battery:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

-And yet another thing related to movement brought to my attention by Mr @Ziser would be the behaviour of the waypoint system.
Sometimes those proficient at movement are slowed down by its slow update rate, as well as its "leading you step by step" nature.
More experienced players have all the tilesets memorized and don't need their hands held. 
Pp3H3JQ.png
Q: Are there any plans to rework the waypoint system (again)? Ideally we could get 2 modes. A mode for new players which would lead them step by step through the room and a mode for experienced players which would only mark exits of each part of a tileset.

-There is a significant amount of sigils at our disposal. Unfortunately we are limited when we want to gain standing for each of the 6 main syndicates.

Animated GIF

Q: Could we choose which syndicate to gain standing for, without having to equip a corresponding sigil on our frame? Maybe within the syndicate menu. Each rank would automatically apply increased bonus standing multiplier.

-Majority of the 6 main Syndicate rank icons are available as sigils, whereas all, representing Ostron, Quills, Ventkids and both Solaris are not.
Animated GIFAnimated GIF

Q: Could we please get these as sigils?

-One more thing concering syndicates, since Simaris is considered as syndicate...
Simaris

Q: Can we please add Simaris conversation skip?

-Every time a new Warframe comes out, we have to go through the exact same thing... A week of space flu.

Related image

Q: Can we PLEASE add a way to remove the cyst before the 7 day mark? F.e. Just being able to use the infested doors as soon as we're infested or vaccine that we equip in our arsenal and use on the frame of choice?

-Since looking at the minimap in a video game is a skill in itself...

Q: Could we get some minimap information upgrades? F.e. Different icons for eximuses, different icons for minor and major units, etc.

As an example, the Infested Tumor visibility is awesome:
Radar  ...something like that, but for specific units would be awesome.

-While seeing all of the yellow, orange and red critical damage numbers is really satisfyng, very often they obscure a lot of vision. It would be great to still be able to see them, while making enemies more visible.

qfXvPpI.png

Q: Can we please get a damage numbers size slider? F.e. Similar to the chat text size option.

As a reminder: Dear DE, your veteran part of playerbase is concerned about the future of this game. We need something to do. Please make something catered towards us. Don't be scared of making it difficult. Remember that all your new players are going to become experienced as well. 
And for crying out loud, Vacuum on Titania's Razorwing is NOT okay - there are players that use those energy orbs strategically one by one to upkeep it.
Remember, there might be a reason why somebody is not using Vacuum or Fetch. If somebody has these mods on their sentinels or companions, let them work with the ability, but don't force people who don't use the mods to have their effects.
Also, forcing players that did not die in Arbitrations to pick up Resurgence Tokens, because someone else died is VERY NOT okay! If you have to keep the revives in, let us opt in to revive someone (by pressing interact button to pick up those tokens as an example), don't force us to do so... please. 😇

Fin.

Hey there o/

1. Any thoughts about moving Sorties to a token system, like Nightwave's Creds or Arbitrations' Vitus Essence?

2. Do you have any plans for improved squad control, like preference options for hosting (always host/never host) or vote kicking?

3. Any plans for more control over appearance and cosmetics, like XYZ adjustment of armor pieces, mirroring asymmetrical armor or syandana, hiding quivers, etc.?

4. Would it be feasible to allow us to preview every cosmetic (including TennoGen) in the Simulacrum, or a separate Dressing Room, to check for any possible clipping issues and properly demo cosmetics before committing to a purchase?

5. Will we ever get a (possibly plat-bought) method to get rid of the Helminth Cyst before the one week is up?

Any news on pet AI update? It was mentioned several devstreams ago that the crew would look into their rework. Is this another case of "Zephyr deluxe"?

Not going to bother asking the obvious "Empyrean when?  New War when? Hentaiframe when?" that, I hope, will be answered this Friday. GG TC

1.Are we ever going to get custom primary and secondary weapon positioning like Melee currently has?

2. Can we get the option to add sugatras to primary and secondary weapons?

3. Any update on the Proto weapon skins that we saw a long time ago?

4. Several skins and armor sets have mismatched color channels. Do you guys plan on doing a review for this to at least make the metallic slots consistent or give us the option to color individual armor pieces and helmets separately?

5. Please let us use Excal Prime's helmet/skin on Excal Umbra?

6. Updates on Melee 3.0?

7. Can we please get more loadout, appearance and mod layout slots?

8. When are the changes to pets coming to remove stasis? It is still a big hindered to using them.

9. Can you please stop disabling certain face gear when using certain head gear on operators? From what I have seen people were way less concerned with the clipping than their ability to customize their operators.

10. Any chance we will get the option to swap out exalted weapon models for their standard/prime/umbra appearances.

11. Is the loadout UI going to be overhauled to show everything that should be loadout specific(Archwings, their weapons, archwing guns for ground combat, operator arcanes and amps?

Tomorrow is the seven month anniversary of the release of Melee 2.9 -- can we please have some specific, tangible details about what changes are being considered? And how much longer will we be waiting for the necessary fixes to this basic gameplay element?

Can you talk about plans with the Leverian? I REALLY love it as a lore outlet to still give us something cool and interesting without the huge development time of quests like Octavia's Anthem, and I'd love to see it added to every Warframe and Prime Warframe. It's a nice little focus on the Warframe itself, things relating to it, and nothing else.

Previously it was stated that in the big Orbiter update, all decorations should be fine. But myself and others still have concerns about items becoming lost or misplaced.

Has the plan for moving decorations over changed at all?

Hey DE,

with talk about sustainable PvE content and endgame having become more frequent recently again, have you also had conversations finding solutions for the big question of "what to do once you have every reward"?

What I'm specifically referring to is reinforcing the game's foundation with a set of mechanics that let players feel like they're playtime is affecting something without relying on gear, mods or other stat increasing rewards?

Secondly, can you confirm or deny that the Duviri Paradox will force Operators to age irrevaersibly, or if as the name of the quest imples, 'something else' happens.

Hey,
in recent Devstreams you have said that you noticed the whole challenge/endgame discussion and are thinking about ways to provide higher level content.
I really appreciate that and i want to make a suggestion and ask how likely it is that we will see something like this.

Zitat

High-lvl-Fissure Missions:
On top of the regular fissure missions, there could be always one "Elite"-Fissure Mission of each type active:

Lith starting at lvl 60
Meso starting at lvl 70
Neo starting at lvl 80
Axi starting at lvl 90

only the following endless-gamemodes: survival, defense, interception, excavation
always 1 of each type active, meaning if the lith mission is survival, none of the other ones can be survival

The only bonus you get could be that the multipliers for affinity/credits etc already start at 25% for example.
This wouldnt be gamebreaking i guess, but still an incentive to play those missions over the other ones (i dont need an incentive, but others might ask for it)

This system would bring a few benefits besides providing high-level-content for people that are asking for that kind of content:

• probably really easy to implement since everything is already in the game
  • every player will always have atleast 1 mission of his favourite gamemode available
  • there will be high level missions for lith and meso aswell

This might be interesting because i personally am bored by playing against level 10-20 enemies,
but if i want to open lith or meso relics i have to do it, which often means i dont do it at all.

And it will solve another "problem", namely that the completly random selection of missions often produces scenarios where we might have 6 missions to chose from, but the distribution is something like: capture,capture,spy,spy,sabotage,sabotage, and on top of that both sabotages can be axi.

A more complex idea would be a Nemesis-Starchart which could provide basically endless progression for each player.

Zitat

Nemesis Starchart:

• on certain missions on every planet, the player has the option to play the mission in Nemesis-Mode
  • whenever you finish a mission succesfully, your progress gets saved (progress=enemy level)
  • the next time you play it in Nemesis Mode again, you will start where you have stopped the last time
  • your profile shows your average Nemesis-lvl in different categories like Planet/Missiontype/etc (this could be expanded to Clans aswell for a Clan-Leaderboard)
  • this will hopefully give the players both a reason and the option to push themselves as far as they want to while having a steady progression in game

The Missions:

At first i was thinking about adding this on each Mission on the Starchart, but my conclusion was that this is too much and too complicated.

Besides that, in many gamemodes the enemy lvl doesnt really makes a difference, so i think focussing on these 3 would be the best:

• Survival
  • Defense
  • Exterminate
  • on every planet, each of those Missions is available in Nemesis-Mode

Considering the 2 endless-gamemodes a huge benefit for everyone who wants to fight higher-lvl enemies is that he can do that without having to fight the low-lvl enemies for a long time before he gets to the desired lvl. This has been a recurring request for a long time anyway.

Considering the Exterminate, i picked this gamemode because i think it would be cool to also have a quicker mission in the mix aswell. It could serve the purpose of testing your gear and modding before going into the endless modes for example besides providing some quick fun of course.

The Matchmaking:

I was debating for myself whether this Nemesis-Mode should be Solo-Only or with Matchmaking.

In the end, i didnt want to forbid matchmaking because people could "leech" the nemesis-lvl ; this is something that is probably the most fun with friends/clanmates etc.

• you can play Solo and in premade groups
  • if you play in a party, the Game will take the Nemesis-lvl of the player who has the lowest at that moment
  • (this way, you cannot simply start a group with someone who has a high Nemesis-lvl to instantly go from 10-500 for example)
  • i dont know if public matchmaking should be an option or if its restricted to invite only, but if its possible the same rule applies
  • Bonus: If a fissure-Mission takes place on a Mission on the Starchart that provides the Nemesis-Mode, you can play it aswell

The Rewards:

This will be a hot topic and i fear that the whole discussion might focus on this part, but i still think i have to say a few words because otherwise the 1st question would be "but what about rewards?" 😁 So what are rewards that make sure players feel rewarded but dont give other players the feeling that they have to play something they dont want to?

• 1st rule: nothing essential that a player will need at any point in the game
  • 2nd rule: no scaling rewards - you dont get more ressources if you play on a higher lvl

Besides a spot on Leaderboards (for single players and clans) and your statistics in the profile, i am thinking of Milestones:

• to reach Milestones, we have to increase our overall average Nemesis-lvl (calculated from all available Missions)
  • huge Milestones happen every 100 levels
  • these will provide a custom glyph and emblem
  • small Milestones happen every 50 levels between the huge ones
  • they can offer one time rewards like a Riven-Pack, Kuva/endo/credits, basically the stuff you can get from Sorties but a little more of it
  • the small Milestones could be also available for each Planet (Nemesis-lvl calculated only from the missions on a planet)

Additional thoughts:

Of course there could be a lot more to this, but i think for the start its good to keep it simple.

Anyway, some things that came to mind were:

• failing missions will decrease your Nemesis-lvl again (you cannot farm the rewards this way of course^^)
  • just our 4 (or 6 with arcanes) revives, no bleedout timer (but no stupid Arbitration mechanics aswell 😄)
  • certain bosses spawning in the missions when you are on your way to the next Milestone
  • certain conditions (like in Sorties) when you are on your way to the next Milestone
  • weird stuff like a "all enemies are Noxes exterminate" on your way to your next Milestone

1)
Operators. Nice eye textures. Awful skin textures.The lipstick is pixellated as all heck. Speaking of eyes,  any chance of a heterochromia option being added?
Weeby I know, but still.
kqzqchZ.jpg

1b)
A while back, Operator cosmetics (at least this specific one) were 'bugged' and looked more like shades than glasses. Personally I think this made my girl look a lot cooler, and would like to see it return as a customisation option.
VHiVEHg.jpg?1

2)
Now that Umbra has a 'Prime Toggle', could we also allow Umbra and Excalibur Prime to share cosmetics?

661QOQ0.png

3) More appearances from our good friend, the Man In The Wall.

I had ideas. Let them appear as a daily login NPC, maybe. Or, let's say we're modding a warframe or weapon in the armoury. Why not have Wally appear in the background for a few seconds as a blink-and-you-miss-it sort of easter egg?
Or something that invokes this kind of feeling?
WBeiBlS.gif

5) New for Devstream 126, this question:
Are there any secrets in Warframe that nobody has yet discovered? Secret rooms, easter eggs, things of that ilk?

6) New for Devstream 129, this question:
What if, upon crafting a weapon, we could place a version as an Orbiter decoration? edit: Not just weapons, why not any resource? Placeable ayatan stars, or Plains/Vallis gems? Mods?

Archived