Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #131!

[DE]Rebecca

A simple question this time:

What do you guys see as the fundamental/overarching problems or issues that need to be addressed?
I mean aside from the obvious, persistent 'need more content! D: ' and 'how do we keep Warframe interesting?' and suchlike.

For example, Warframe's known to give very little direction ("I just finished Vor's Prize, what do I do now" is a reasonably common question in Region) or information (A common tip for new players is basically 'have the wiki open for the first ~2 months) to new players.
You mentioned a new NPE this past Tennocon, and there's the new trailer, so you obviously consider this a problem, and it's 'being' addressed.

Another example: Steve mentioned, in the 'run-up to Saint of Altra' Periscope stream, that armor scaling is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Care to mention or expand on those or others?

-----

On 2019-10-02 at 6:15 PM, Kuez said:

Hello!
(-The topic with some trivia; bolded questions)

This is an absolutely glorious post.
Well done.

Emebr/Frost power 1 for this 2 frames can bee if like blast like shotgun with cool effects but when you hold power 1 to look like fire/ice-gun similar like what boba fatt have in star wars or witcher with his fire power.... And vauban just have to remove his power 2 because no 1 is using this power so that have empty space for new power 4 that is like exalted 

On 2019-10-02 at 11:13 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream131_1080p.jpg

Who:  WE ARE BACK! Rebecca is joined by the usual crew! 

What: We’ve been away for a while, and have a LOT to cover. We’ll be in-game with Vauban and Ember showing off some upcoming changes. We’ll be talking about Grendel’s upcoming release plans with new rewards, Loadout Configuration expansions, and more!  Big picture plans for Empyrean and more await discussion, so don’t miss it! 

Prizes? Oh yes! We have plenty of Digital Prizes to give out. 

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe and mixer.com/playwarframe. Follow our Twitch page on our road to 1,000,000 followers! 

Twitch Drop: Tune in to find out what you can snag for watching our Devstream!

When: Join us this Friday, October 4th at 2 p.m ET!  

Please ask your questions here! Thread closes at 10 a.m EDT on Friday, October 4th! 

By installing the Youtube app for free on your Nintendo Switch, you can conveniently watch the stream on the Warframe Youtube channel from your portable system!

i wrote a bunch of stuff for ember's remake on https://forums.warframe.com/profile/465176-foxfx/ post, i hope that they can be used to improve recasting, acrobatics and ember's aesthetic combat, i spoken with some other people about the ability button's function without energy and also on aerial abilities, another thing that should be considered is adding some new rewards and mods for atlas prime to be a little more popular, even if it means that regular atlas becomes a bit easier to find and that some augments can be collected from replayable missions, pvp and syndicates could carry random weapon mods on all modes so that its fair game to keep the S#&$y weapons and normal warframes interesting to craft a refinery and foundry update should be made, but for now at least that focuses on reusing those parts towards enhancing normal warframes and mod creation until you come up with a resonable way that allows combining parts, some weapons are great but they can all be bought in the market so they are not as fun or exclusive that require other items to be crafted could at least come with a random mod or sigil, and other freebies or rewards, and we been getting alot of complains on atlas, being launched without any rework, or structural changes, i seens some videos where he excells at throwing enemies and punching things but the tilesets and enemies leave him feeling bored and limited, so any changes to the weathers and mission structure will help if any patches were released sooner, orbiter and melee hotfix?

the last thing is on embe & vauban at close range they should excell at using energy and ammo, reload tricks, acrobatics, not just finishers, but 360's and 180 attacks, dodging, pyromancy, and explosives, to make the prova and other short range weapons popular, here ember doesn't have a signature weapon so she has to display fireball mastery, AOE and chillblast and scorching tactics, or armor hardening with lava, and vauban has to use repulsors and counter attacking pets or robots, EMP and armor without having to count on ballista and his powerful abilities or recasting and spamming.

in vauban mode lacks tools and unique close combat which give a unique appearance, not just a menacing pose, there is some need to make a few rugs and circuits etching symbols where he can be deadly in the areas or missions through the passive traits, robotics, and tools, a lot of nice ideas.

to deploy or cycle that need recovering and flexibility for combat instance charging up or detonating a ballista should be modified by other abilities and enhancing primary or secondary weapons, maybe that another ability or robotic is enhanced, or that a laser rebukes enemies, and teamates get tether and leylines, OR that ballista is latched / to walls and teh floor and can bump enemies like octavia's bass/beats, resonating with bullets and using bodies as a catapult or a slam attack, anything interesting we can do with ballista and recasting will help vauban to fight inside and outside the thing or deploy multiple rings, move with the ballista and the corpses or paralysed enemies,as meat shields, and if using other abilities, jumping/rocket to save teamates and seal vulnerable spots.

ember should have searing touches which can jam weapons and incinerate with energy to do special finishers or counter attacks, her wall attacks and skymode should be interesting to see how her abilities workout in mid-air or while aimed at the floor, her finisher and recasting should open up other movement bonuses or special commands, double tapping, rolling should find a home in exciting  crouch and reload features, while recasting and spamming are being worked on, each warframe should feel robust and unique

MOVEMENT

when moving and walking there are no special features for ember or vauban.

they just feel like regular joe warframes and have the same animations for crawling, and sprinting has no special uses or meters. ideally these for be different depending on the types of enrgy or passive traits activated mudras or channeling until the playesr can get OPS unlocked they should be allowed to display improved staff, knife and pyro/tool dynamics and farming or optical rework can be added to the pause menus, pet/guarding/robot or tool, and UI enhancements like they use some toolkit for gauss he got a meter, but animations are somewhat limited to movement and they dont change anything, overlay for zoom, and reusing and spammining ability button is somewhat linear, so updating movement for both of the warframes should be a great start. 

animations and low hp armor features is easy but should feature low hp radioctivity, recovery at birdeye, accumulating energy or heat, and points for vauban can build some character, these can be used in crafting toys and maybe zaws, and kitguns can be vauban's specialty at close range or a new armor  which uses robotics?

knockdown, reviving teammates, dying, and jumping, moving from  the shoulder if the player does have energy they can have sigils activate passives, increase counter defenses like redmages in FFXI flamewall, guardians trigger explosions that can react to bullets and melee propulsion, ducking or weaving like a boxer that can automatically reload a fireblast or unique, or electric chipunch, but vauban would use heavy and explosive and levitation granades, ensnaring, and energy or melee with the weapons, no prova requirements, maybe a quick dash back and a few healing spells, 

everything else i wrote that is halfway cohesive is on FoxFX post: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1063484-warframe-rework-suggestion-ember-the-phoenix-rework-addressing-des-statement-in-patch-2450-will-address-why-changing-heat-status-is-not-the-best-direction/page/7/?tab=comments#comment-11067775

what matters to me is that ember gets faster like a fox and can translate from atmosphere and level her firebals somewhat mediocre missing and throwing at a wall or finding special uses without mods, they have no AOE or special tricks, say they can globulate and make some surfaces melt or glow, or act as acid which causes corrotion, and change sheps less vulnerable at close range, casting in the air oxygen bending is fine but cant realistically function underwater, so i think her ultimate attacks and abilities need to be more tool revisited that she gets KI BLAST and otherways to consolidate her motors and fuel sysyem robotics in ways that she can unleash her ultimate attack and recasting abilities without feeling robotic.

we know her 4th is overpowered and feels laggy, and that she has no defensive abilities or cover other than her robotic, i think its time to evolve both players.

so i am excited to see these problems addressed for both warframes

From what i know about photon and oxygen motors for ember's warframe could mean that she can use combustion and save fireballs to freeze enemies, so the need to make ember into a Z fighter and bending of other elemental forms would be a better move to see her shock enemies with a controlled CHI proc, or bodypart targeting depending on what environment or weapon she can weave the ammunition can become molten rocks, she can melt bullets and pickups into free ammunition firetypes---as well as transform kinetic bullets fired at her from all directions to fix her passive traits and 4th ability, regeneration and melee responding to her inner mastery and syndicate mods and augments shoulnt be required to see the warframe rework complacent but i would love to have a few more anouncers that cheer you in combat, the moa's and robots don't do a great job at cheering you, stick game, i cant chew enough bubble gum to have guns, blocking bullets and dodging won't get the task done quickly disturbing the atmosphere and syphon, stalagmite and a few ways to crawl or special wall clinging will be interesting to toss create a fireball that is indirect, just like sponteneous combustion this way when ember moves she has cover from all directions 1!!!

PASSIVES

• spontaneous redirection can be a passive robotic that burns enemies that get too close, increasing in power with energy and melting or hampering weapons accuracy, melting, or corroding.
  • magnetic redirection sparks and bolts added shields and electrostatic.
  • knockback added with crouching and jumping 
  • movement enhanced with recast acrobatics, reductions, recovery.
  • IF using fireball, there should be some options to recast, charge and teleport.
  •  hold, while recast could evicerate and puncture rapidfire and AOE double attacks can be quick like Va;kry at close range a linear attack is decent, but swapping her weapons to change status type and without cover shes exposed to direct hits, so we need to fill the aetheric gaps
  • , swapping weapons should be open up defensive channels, compensating the mag into flame-charges, her armor and movement is enhanced by kinetic energy and refunds energy for recasting abilities and trigering free energy for fireballs and mesa style jumps,
  • boomerangs, dashing and teleporting are usual movements for fire based fighters with added explosions on hit with surface enemies, but we have a problem while jumping.with drain doesn't have to be completely penalizing, exhausting energy can quickly open up room for a new attack enhanced spiral range or spiritual channeling energy pickups into explosions or magic.
  • using alot of fireballs, levitation, physical changes, and proc types, this way spamming the ability can be interesting
  • new emotes, and achiements
  • maybe if lunaro rewards were added to relay missions and syndicate PVP became more interesting blueprints, balls, skins, and items for the orbiter or warframe, operators could use some love,
  • we could have ember and vauban themes really interesting at launch, so far i am not impressed that cetus city and relays can get boring and can only be fixed with improvements to the tilesets, machines, and shop updates, a say that ZAWS get their own shop and bounties reward some starter sets so players can get excited.
  • waiting at the gates for buddies and mission loading still awful.
  •  flying enemies, is not perfected yet and can be defeated easily without any fearful wea[pons or machine guns
  • , also stomp bot and grineer weapons or improvements are  lacking jewel sheen and prismatic strategy so tenno will always feel bored from the lack of rewards and lack of challenging attacks that enemies put out, i did like the large shotgun with the gemstone are no spider smartrobots, or tileset mechanics which cause explosions or reactivity other than the large thermal fracture and occasional eidolon appearances.
  • the plains and fortuna areas really have alot of resources however the enemies have REALLY BASIC WEAPONS so they are easily defeated.

Il y a 7 heures, (PS4)Chemonious92 a dit :

Les consoles n'obtiennent pas de rabais «plat» car nous obtenons déjà des choses comme acheter des choses tennogen avec du plat et non avec de l'argent réel

you forget that there are also valid platinum discounts for each platform Sony xbox one and swich  and it has always been like that and nothing to do with the tennogen !

1. Excuse me, bossfight rewards are not exciting enough or good to solo, and have no changing or evolved mechanics compared to FFXIV raids and boss fights that can have some exciting timers with a few unpredictable attacks added to the enemies and parts breaking off, blood and profanity or swearing would be funny, but sometimes i see a lot of text and  banter in the COM, could you at least improve the rewards and enemy structures?
  2. Could you allow for new monsters and enemies to carry jewels, tenno weapons, warped  or magic to defend against in replay, adding at least some colorful pickups, and mods, is great to find a LEX augment or a flower, and that some broken weapons and helmets are inside the treasure chest and lockers. while we scan and unlock blueprints as we defeat monsters, the cephalon can reward syndicate points, and upgrades.
  3. with themes and other mission enemies? 

Quick question right before closure but it is a quick and broad one:

What about Squad link? How will it work, how should we imagine it, will it only work with open world maps and railjack or we can play a solo spy mission during somebody else's survival for extra reward?

1 minute ago, BBukeeB said:

Quick question right before closure but it is a quick and broad one:

What about Squad link? How will it work, how should we imagine it, will it only work with open world maps and railjack or we can play a solo spy mission during somebody else's survival for extra reward?

so far am not seing how it would work either, but i hope that its rewarding and useful with all the relays and nearby ships it should be interesting to hear, dev stream waiting is like a pizza without cheese or flavor lol.

On 2019-10-03 at 10:04 AM, Bioboygamer said:

We already know this - Check out the Leverian on Gauss' store page and codex entry.

tl;dr: Altra was a tower on Ceres that was captured by an uprising in the Orokin era, and hostages were taken. Gauss put down the uprising.

cotton bols

On 2019-10-03 at 10:54 AM, Jordan285 said:

And we need a more convenient way to choose equipment, but not a wheel that we have now.

robotics would be interesting also to see the new warframe weapons launched with the melee and overhaulpatch they talking about adding a bunch of unique weapons for each warframe for missions, so dont get ur hopes up, i do think the wheel is a tad difficult to get to pushing the wrong thingy

On 2019-10-03 at 4:20 AM, DonderVuist said:

So euhm yeah ill prob get eaten and spit out again like always when i bring this stuff up but lucky for me i dont give a S#&$ about it 😎

Mastery Ranking: cap it at lvl 15 pls 

Pls dont make weapons or warframes that require lvl 15 or higher MR

Lvl 15 is high enough by then you know how the game works 

Ppl in this game tend to mis understand the word "veteran" now a days a veteran is a player who has a MR of 20+ great kudos to you your MR 25 to me your just a hardcore player to me a "veteran" is someone who has been here since launch who has seen how Warframe has grown 

A veteran player is not someone who plays this game hardcore and lvls every single item in game now dont get me wrong (you prob allrdy do ill bet your blood is boiling right now) there are veterans that are MR 20+

Ppl are always asking me "lol you got Excalibur Prime so why are you low MR 😱"

I just always tell them that MR means s****

To all you "players" who are now raging "your just a lazy m*" ill say man plz if i could/would play this game hardcore like i did in my WoW days (yes from vanilla stopped after WoD) i would be hitting (if not over) the 700 days of login milestone but im only at 410 now

FYI: sure you can bypass MR by buying the item but that kinda takes the free out of f2p again dont get me wrong im buying Grendel the moment it gets released 😎

Let the feast begin 🤣

could be solved with a few rivens and rewards for players who purchase or obtain the weapons en prime or by aquiring the parts, and replaying missions in the future if some PVP and lunaro rewards are aquised and relay syndicacy added more augments for different types of weapons, so i do aggre that some improvemtns need to be made to MR and leveling up so that players aren't blocked bored waiting and leveling, and the market for original mods is in trade chat unless you are really lucky, you ain't wanna wait until MR 17 just to use a machinegun for sure a hotpatch. cheers

Question: Why are augments the primary manner in which Warframe abilities are modified? Why are these modifications not implemented as updates to the frame/game or implemented in some form of a progression system? Many of the augments we have are modifications that should probably already be built into the ability, or are upgrades to abilities that give the abilities an actual spot in regular gameplay. Because of this, it feels like mod augments unnecessarily take up mod slots, making the use of the majority of ability augments difficult to justify.

Is there any other major update for the Nintendo Switch version, focusing on boosting performance and overall improvements ?

Also, please, remove the Ivara Blue print drop from the same missions as the Neuroptics. Or change one for rotation B and other for C. I am playing this for like 600 hours, and I got 5 neuroptics and no blue print. This is so frustrating... 

Also, if possible, talk with Nintendo and allow the possibility to buy prime access, platinum and son from the Brazilian Nintendo web store, this one

https://store.nintendo.com.br/

Archived